Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Going aside from the toys for a moment, has anyone else ever wondered exactly WHAT happens to the rider when the legs extend? :huh:

For the longest time I though MAYBE the rider's feet only ended inside the armor's calves, so the 'boots' are actually mechanical extensions to give stability to a very top-heavy getup. And of course, that means the riders don't need amazing telescoping feet. With the CM's and MH, this theory could still be valid, but the Beagle's slimmed down legs - while superb for riding posture - just doesn't have the space anymore. I guess CAD can't always overcome Anime Magic.

This may be wrong but I thought it was the top of the boot that extended up toward the knee to attach the hip guards. It shouldn't actually affect the height of the guy standing in the boots though like it does in every existing toy.

I had a feeling beagle would be the best. Hopefully it turns out better than both CMs and MH.

CMs could have been better had it not been rushed to market. MH needs to restart the line by allowing us to have the stickers plus two sets of different sized wheels. Early adopters should be given the option to order the wheels and stickers from them and get it free.

And about the small feet, not a problem if they include a stand like the other toys. Sounds like FUD from fans of the giraffe necks and fans of the cheap-unpainted-model-kit-looking ride armor toys. In real life these things wouldn't allow for a human to stand straight without breaking someone's backs anyway. :D

As for toynami: it's going to be hard to top this.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ok, A heads up for all of you who have or will soon have an MH. I was playing around with mine last night and the helmet visor fell off. I tried to pit it back on but I realised that the little bump on the left just broke off. Looking at the other, they are quite small and it looks like the other could just have easily broken.

Now this could just be mine but be careful with the visor. Perhaps trying to keep it propped up stressed the plastic too much, or maybe I was a little too rough with it.

Thanks Hiriyu, that prototype looks great :D

Hopefully they will make their 3rd Quarter release date.

As for the leg estension, I thought they went to tip-toe within the calve section - they are mostly for flying after all.

I hope the size is bigger than the CM and MH versions.

The cyclone/ride armor is to fragile for these petit sizes :(

At 1/10 it should be about 18cm tall (7 inches).

At 1/15 the MH is 13.5cm to the top of the wheel in ride armor mode.

Some pics i found.. hope u guys enjoy this as much as i do... Sleek and definately on good proportions!!

beagle for me.. if megahouse dun hit local shores i will order from japan to ensure my stock is confirmed!!

post-1278-1205501329_thumb.jpg

Edited by eyesonme78

My LEY arrived in the Netherlands today :lol:

I must say the size is somewhat disapionting, so i'm glad i did not get the CM version.

It's not extremly fragile, but defenitly not as sturdy as the gakken version.

one of those "transform once, and leave it like that"

Other than that i am happy and can't wait for my stick figure to arrive.

passing on CM though, but keeping an eye out for beagle/toynami.

post-2202-1205501413_thumb.jpg

post-2202-1205501439_thumb.jpg

When the toynami guys said that their ride armor was similar to the beagle they must have been drunk, or maybe they're just stupid. In terms of final apearance the beagle compleatly destroys the toynami. I hope the deal beagle is making with toynami is only a distribution deal....

really interested in this ! want to see how the swing bar for the wheels works on this one, ie:how well it locks into place. The gakkens 'metal sliders' is hard to beat!

bring it on Beagle!

Someone please find a bigger clearer scan! It needs to be scrutinised top to bottom~ :wub:

Wow, that Beagle is looking amazing! I certainly hope that it turns out well. If so, it's the must-have of the 3 for me.

INDEED!!! ^_^

I am REALLY impressed with the Beagle...I will be soooooo happy to have a "large" and awesomly proportioned figure.

:ph34r:

lol

whilst I totally agree as I know what ur saying, just re-read what you wrote, its quite amusing =-)

Beagle by being approx marvel legends size, or near play arts final fantasy figure size, will be making me a happy chappy indeed!

Beagle = all kinds of win

Love the tread pattern on the tires...it's very street bike compared to the off roadish, car looking tires of the others

Love how the hip armor locks into the knees

I think the forks fold up into the upper arms, so hopefully no left over pieces

Notice in the pic that Hiryu posted the rifle is mounted on the right handlebar in bike mode? NICE

Proportions look awesome

I have no problem with the liberties they took with the boots. It's more realistic and will allow for better on bike poses

Plus the boots looked a lot smaller sometimes in the show. Examples from some screen grabs I made:

post-515-1205506791_thumb.jpgpost-515-1205506809_thumb.jpg

PDVD_000.BMP

PDVD_001.BMP

Edited by chowyunskinny

My LEY arrived in the Netherlands today :lol:

I must say the size is somewhat disapionting, so i'm glad i did not get the CM version.

It's not extremly fragile, but defenitly not as sturdy as the gakken version.

one of those "transform once, and leave it like that"

Other than that i am happy and can't wait for my stick figure to arrive.

passing on CM though, but keeping an eye out for beagle/toynami.

Thanks for including the Alphas/Legiosses in the background. It helps to get a sense of the size of the MH versions.

Beagle = all kinds of win

Plus the boots looked a lot smaller sometimes in the show. Examples from some screen grabs I made:

DAMN!!! Those boots do look small :huh:

Got my MH... overall I'm hooked. The toy has a few niggling flaws... the connection of the armor to the torso is not amazing... the waist needs some nail-polish tightening in order to be stable with the armor on, and there is tragically not any room in the legs and feet to add weight for balance... However, I'm super impressed with the figure overall... a really great decision they made IMO was to make alot of the moving parts mounted with some poly-cap like material, so it is more durable and ha smoother motion... the Ride Armor design has lots of small parts to breka, so making these parts out of a slightly pliable material is def. a plus. The finish of the figure is great looking as well... I think I'm going to add some weathering and detailing to it to relaly round out the package...

Can't stop staring at the beagle... I guess the small boots have no problem holding up the entire toy...

or

I guess standing up is no small feat!!!

badabump! :D

:unsure:

:mellow:

:(

bad exo...

:mellow:

:lol: