Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

i don't know if the figure can't sit at all or if it just looks awkward with those boxes in the way.

Hey! Stick and the others also always had the boxes too!~~~ They always just dropped off when transforming.

and nooooo!! Rey was not gofer! He's the brains, and Stick had to perform the "hands-on". See? its the manager vs worker view :ph34r: (not that Rey could land a fighter properly anyway :lol: )

yeah hope someone scan their decals in hi-res, so he and the rest of us can duplicate it :p anyone kind enough to share? :unsure:

i want to dup the storage boxes too :p

lol well it's been like a decade since i seen the series but i'm in the process of buying the dvd set though. So yeha i couldn't remember seeing the stroage boxes on the others. :lol:

Rey was most formidable in the Tread going up against that Inbit officer though. ;) (my fav part in the series)

Here's something I may have missed in this thread, but I thought was news.. Apparently there is a CF version of the CMs out, it was a Wonderfest exclusive. It's really expensive now though.

And it's a good thing that the Megahouse releases appear to be made well and don't randomly break and last a long time, eh? ....Eh?.......................... :unsure:

Here's something I may have missed in this thread, but I thought was news.. Apparently there is a CF version of the CMs out, it was a Wonderfest exclusive. It's really expensive now though

I think I just scored one of these off eBay... I'll save my celebrating for when it's actually in hand. Then will begin the huge debate... to open or not to open.

Sorry to bring more bad news about the Megahouse.

OK, so i've had mine for nearly a month now. About three days ago the visor just broke off while simply opening it. It looks like the plastic is too thin so the stress of simply opening it broke off a piece.

THEN, the little plug that holds up the wheels into the side in armor mode are losing their friction so mine often just fall out. Woke me up the other night as both fell out at the same time.

NOW..............the figure itself has broken at the waist. The ball-post simply snapped off. Looking at it it's almost obvious why. The ball joints in the waist are not tight ENOUGH. When you put the armor on it looks like the weight of the armor is stressing the post whenever it falls back.

The base of the post is only half attached to plastic in the waist area. Tried to glue it but no go. Had to basically glue the entire torso to the waist. Limited articulation now of course.

I hope that this is just mine but this laundry list of complaints has really put me off the MH.

Edited by Alex

hmmm... I'm was already considering taking these off the list because it just looks too weird to me. The face sculpts are awesome but the bodies especially the body armor look kinda off. And when in ride armor mode, so much of the body armor is visible... but now after that post... I'll wait for more people to chime in and see what the verdict is. But I'm more excited about the Beagle than anything else. I'll preorder one of those for sure and see if I still want the megahouse. I actually like the CMs version more. So far no breakage, just alot of parts popping off that's kinda annoying.

I thought the CM would be a poor cousin to the Megahouse. I'm glad I got the CM now, in addition to the Meager-House. .

The only thing that broke on my CM was the windshield and that was just because of a poor choice of glue.

Yeah, I don't want people to cancel orders left, right and center, either. But i'm now a little dubious about buying future releases. STICK became UNSTUCK. Will YELLOW live up to his name and do just THAT! Will MINT remain MINT....in the box. Only time will tell I guess.

Edited by Alex

Wow, with that list of breaks and problems on the MH I can see why Toynami is interested in releasing it. Should fit it perfectly with their lineup. :p
I was thinking the same thing... this time it won't be their fault but the fact that they're associated with it is almost karma.

Lazy git Alex sent me a pic of the damaged goods.

MOTORCYCLE FREAK THAT'S YOUUUU!!!

I may be lazy and I may be a git, but my name...........is..........what was the last part?

Anyway, you broke my MP Megatron. Git :lol:

And I was afraid that I had made the wrong choice in preordering the CM version over the MegaHouse. Now I can see that either choice is a crap shoot. Personally I think that CM's has the better balance overall sculpt (specially the rider figure), and Megahouse's the more dynamic looking Ride Armor mode and "richer" looking finish... perfect transformation tipped the scale for me.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Beagle version. That looks almost perfect.

Edited by mechaninac

Ohhhhh we'll see <_< I hope so though ^_^

:ph34r:

The way things are going, the Beagle will likely be made entirely of balsa wood and tissue paper, and will spontaneously combust if you even look at it funny. Why is Mospeada so cursed when it comes to merchandise? What did it ever do to anybody to deserve this?

Seems a bit early to do the full scale panic job on the MHs. I'm going to let a few more reports of broken toys come in before I become really frightened. The failure rate on just about any manufactured good should make for one bad experience amongst all the good we've heard.

The way things are going, the Beagle will likely be made entirely of balsa wood and tissue paper, and will spontaneously combust if you even look at it funny. Why is Mospeada so cursed when it comes to merchandise? What did it ever do to anybody to deserve this?

Mosepeada is not the only cursed toyline made in China, have you seen the new encore line from takara (getting worse and worse).

I saw a documantary on dutch TV about the trouble of finding skilled workers to assemble the parts correcty and with care.

At this piont it's a rush job for as little costs as possible.

Many Dutch companies had QC issues with stuff made in China these days, they just can't properly cope with demand.

I was supposed to be in on an early shipment of the MH for Singapore, but couldn't make it to the store due to work. A friend who DID go was turned off by the absurd 'street' prices: 100 SGD EACH. That's over 72 USD apiece. Just for a reality check, the CM's actually had a HIGHER Japan-MSRP than the MH and 'only' cost 75 SGD / ~55 USD. I like to support my local stores, and being able to inspect the toy before buying is always a plus, but I smell something rotten here and am perfectly willing to skip out on the MH for now.

Just received notification of shipment from HoHoToys for my MH Ley/Rey whatever his name is. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO :D

Although...I may just end up selling this one right away and stick with Stick.

My MH Ray has yet to arrive but I'm wondering if I should just stick it on ebay and wait for the beagle now instead.

Has nobody managed to get that magazine and scan it yet? :(

I was wondering the same. Are you speaking of the Hobby Magazine? I need to get my scanner up and working and once I do IF I get the decal sheet I will scan in a copy of it.

I really hope I get a decal sheet! I just can not get over how stupid it is that they do not all come with decal sheets. What does it cost them for a freaking decal sheet when they are making thousands at a time? Maybe a couple of cents?!! They are totally Fu(K!ng with us! Does anyone know if this is just Megahouse standard practice? I dont think I have any megahouse toys. Did the Palm Action figures come with decals or tampo printing or nothing?

I'm still trying to glue my piece back. it's such a small connection under quite a bit of pressure when moving it. I think I might try drilling the pin holw out befor I put it back together to help relive some stress when moving it. Here is a pic of where I broke mine.

broken.jpg

I was wondering the same. Are you speaking of the Hobby Magazine? I need to get my scanner up and working and once I do IF I get the decal sheet I will scan in a copy of it.

I was talking about the hobby mag pics of the Beagle Ride Armour prototype but those MH decals would be sweet too. B))

I was talking about the hobby mag pics of the Beagle Ride Armour prototype but those MH decals would be sweet too. B))

Well then....we will find out soon if I get any decals. I sure do hope so.

I really hope I get a decal sheet! I just can not get over how stupid it is that they do not all come with decal sheets. What does it cost them for a freaking decal sheet when they are making thousands at a time? Maybe a couple of cents?!! They are totally Fu(K!ng with us! Does anyone know if this is just Megahouse standard practice? I dont think I have any megahouse toys. Did the Palm Action figures come with decals or tampo printing or nothing?

I have the Palm Action Orguss and I don't recall it coming with any stickers, but it's a tiny thing and it doesn't really need any. I also have the MH Panda Z chogokin figure and I don't believe that has decals, either. But again, it's not really a toy that would benefit from decals.

In regards to the Ride Armor, maybe Megahouse actually forgot to put decals in the first batch and they played it off by turning it into a 'lucky draw' type thing? Or maybe they didn't decided to even make decals until the toy was well into production and it was too late to add them? Who knows? I don't think they're trying to screw with anyone because there's really nothing for MH to gain by doing that. It's not a cheap toy where people would buy multiples in hopes of getting a sticker sheet.

Edited by eriku

I have the Palm Action Orguss and I don't recall it coming with any stickers, but it's a tiny thing and it doesn't really need any. I also have the MH Panda Z chogokin figure and I don't believe that has decals, either. But again, it's not really a toy that would benefit from decals.

Maybe Megahouse actually forgot to put decals in the first batch and they played it off by turning it into a 'lucky draw' type thing? Or maybe they didn't decided to even make decals until the toy was well into production and it was too late to add them? Who knows? I don't think they're trying to screw with anyone because there's really nothing for MH to gain by doing that. It's not a cheap toy where people would buy multiples in hopes of getting a sticker sheet.

Thanks. OK well that makes sense but I think it was a bit silly to say the least that they did not tampo print the markings. Anyone who has watched the show or seen the art knows that there are markings on it. Hopefully they will have the next two tampo printed and at some point make the decals available for us test rats who bought the first release. Then again if there is any third party release of decals I suppose that would be fine. Still would prefer tampo. Not Tampa or Tempeh. Mybe tofu.

It's not a cheap toy where people would buy multiples in hopes of getting a sticker sheet.

Oh crap! Really! I just bought like 7 Stick figs in order to try to get 1 or 2 sheets. <_<

Just kidding :lol:

Thanks. OK well that makes sense but I think it was a bit silly to say the least that they did not tampo print the markings. Anyone who has watched the show or seen the art knows that there are markings on it. Hopefully they will have the next two tampo printed and at some point make the decals available for us test rats who bought the first release. Then again if there is any third party release of decals I suppose that would be fine. Still would prefer tampo. Not Tampa or Tempeh. Mybe tofu.

Tampo printing does look much nicer than decals. Maybe that backs up my theory that MH didn't originally intend to have any markings at all, tampo or decals. Or maybe the factory was supposed to tampo them but didn't, so at the last minute MH cranked out some label sheets. I'm just brainstorming here. :D

Indeed they were. I'm going with my theory that there was some sort of mistake and either the tampo printing was skipped or the decal sheets were forgotten.

:EDIT: Although if it was a case of forgotten decal sheets then it would be easy for MH to have a mail-in offer where you can get your decals, which they don't seem to be doing. Hell, they could even try to sell the decal sheets and they're not doing that, either. Maybe they really are taking the gashapon lucky draw approach. :D

Edited by eriku