Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Collection DX posted a review of the MH Ride Armor.

It was nice to see how this comes apart and back together. I don't think I'd have as much issue with it as the reviewer did. He really looked awkward with it at parts.

One question though, during transformation the foot also extends forward? Why would you want to do that step if it would seem that that would make the figure even more backheavy? He seemed to jump right over that step which I thought would be pretty important when he finally got to the summary where he said standing these is a problem. I was waiting for him to relate the two, but he never did.

One question though, during transformation the foot also extends forward? Why would you want to do that step if it would seem that that would make the figure even more backheavy? He seemed to jump right over that step which I thought would be pretty important when he finally got to the summary where he said standing these is a problem. I was waiting for him to relate the two, but he never did.

When you extend the foot forward it actually makes it so you don't have to lean the figure forward so much when posing without the stand. I mean....that's what I got out of it. :mellow:

:ph34r:

When you extend the foot forward it actually makes it so you don't have to lean the figure forward so much when posing without the stand. I mean....that's what I got out of it. :mellow:

That sounds like the opposite of what I would think would happen though. The figure's backheavy but extending the foot forward stops it from falling forward? I don't quite understand. :wacko:

Edit: Almost forgot to put this other youtube link up

that shows the complete MH transformation in a minute and a half and without the awkwardness seen in the dx review. Edited by Alpha OTS

That sounds like the opposite of what I would think would happen though. The figure's backheavy but extending the foot forward stops it from falling forward? I don't quite understand.

No....it keeps you from having to lean the figure forward to much....not from falling forward. I know it's weird and doesn't make alot of sense to me either. But that's what it is I believe.

In reality there's almost no glue on the entire MH toy, so if someone wanted to root around inside it somewhere that'd be pretty easy...

Where do you get your information :huh: Not that I don't believe you...but...no really now...there isn't? Then I may just have to try this out. THANKS.

In reality there's almost no glue on the entire MH toy, so if someone wanted to root around inside it somewhere that'd be pretty easy...

Unfortunately I had glue-fingerprints on my forearm guards from the factory. And, as I mentioned in my review, a couple hairs caught between the two halves of Ray's head. Right on top too. had to give him a f#%*ing plucking :lol:

just gotten my MH stick, and taken out for transformation, i think it looks great! but u have to be very careful with the transformation and read the instructions very carefully and think it over thrice!

its a very nice toy when transformed!

but i think i like cm corps transformation better, almost zero parts to remove..

but megahouse has more articulation..

still worth the money i paid for..

Unfortunately I had glue-fingerprints on my forearm guards from the factory. And, as I mentioned in my review, a couple hairs caught between the two halves of Ray's head. Right on top too. had to give him a f#%*ing plucking :lol:

Ewwwwwwwwww :( . I remember...cause you just HAD to remind us about it ;) . Sorry for you more than anything....That's GROSS.

Heres some quick scans of the English instructions for whomever is interested.

mh1.jpg

mh2.jpg

Just a repost...since people are still getting theirs in or are just ready to TF the damn thing :D . English for all those blokes out there that can't read the Japanese.

Ahhhh.... why does it look SOOO good?

Dayummm....ok this is keeping my hopes up, but looks like there's another candidate for "ultimate ride armour" toy.

Would you believe that I kept waking up the other night from a recurring nightmare that I missed out on the Beagle pre-order??!!! :blink:

I also seem to have alot of misplaced faith that Beagle will actually deliver this perfect Ride Armour as much as I would like to see/own it.

don't know if anyone posted this better pic of the Beagle prototype.

I got it off a link IXTL posted in the Soul of Chogokin Thread

Hey hey....THANKS FOR THAT! Oooooooo I LOVE the MH's....but....the scale for the Beagle is to be larger? If so......*faints*

I'm so glad I waited for the beagle. it looks fantastic!

Same here. Each time I reach for my credit card because of pics here and in the Mospeada thread, someone posts a Beagle pic and I put it away.

Beagle looks way better than both MH and CMs. But if it sucks I'll go with CMs. (I still haven't decided which of the three I will try to collect all of.)

I wish the MH didn't make the figure look so weird. The face is excellent, the body....looks like they need to eat more food.

Only thing is I wonder how it will stand up with small feet? The small feet might be an advantage in bike mode. But small feet might make it topple easily. (a clear translucent stand would be just right)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Im not t all bummed to be getting the MH's; they will be my first ever ride armour toys,and all in all look good.

But those Beagles look incredible! I look forward to grabbing those as well!

Same here, i'm not leaving the Mh's because the Beagles are comming.

I'm getting both :)

Im not t all bummed to be getting the MH's; they will be my first ever ride armour toys,and all in all look good.

But those Beagles look incredible! I look forward to grabbing those as well!

Same dude, and the Yellow type is totally looking sick.

I'm kinda hoping Beagle is smaller than the MHouses. I wanted the MH to be the biggest scale... no room no room.

Same dude, and the Yellow type is totally looking sick.

I'm kinda hoping Beagle is smaller than the MHouses. I wanted the MH to be the biggest scale... no room no room.

Beagle is 1/10 so it's gonna be bigger ^_^

I finally had time to open my MH stick cyclone and attempted to transform it ... holy S--- was it ever stressful!!! Took 45 mins struggling with the various floppy pieces and the last step of inserting the headless figure into the bike frame was brutal!! At numerous times I thought I was going to break the tiny thing!!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Many thanks to misterryno for posting scans of the english instructions!!! Dude, they really helped!!

Am debating whether to keep my Rey or not ...

I finally had time to open my MH stick cyclone and attempted to transform it ... holy S--- was it ever stressful!!! Took 45 mins struggling with the various floppy pieces and the last step of inserting the headless figure into the bike frame was brutal!! At numerous times I thought I was going to break the tiny thing!!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Many thanks to misterryno for posting scans of the english instructions!!! Dude, they really helped!!

Am debating whether to keep my Rey or not ...

Try transforming it a few more times.

There's a steep learning curve the first time, after that it's much faster. It only takes me about 3 mins to transform a MH now, it took me about 45 mins the first time too - I kept worrying that I was going to break it. The first transform loosens up the stiff pieces too.