Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

WOW. Just... wow. I am so glad I held out to see what Beagle was going to produce. There's no question - that's the one I am going to get. Thanks for the picture! Can't wait to see more.

BEAGLE wins hands down!!!!!

Tokyo Anime Fair 2008 took a movie too will put up later off to DOLCE!!!

When I get back I'll laugh about all the complaints from the hard pleaser's!!!!!

Thanks for the big photo, that really shows a lot of detail. Judging by the seam along the side of the rider it looks like the material is indeed some kind of fabric or maybe even a pleather type of material. Neato. :)

Thanks for the big photo, that really shows a lot of detail. Judging by the seam along the side of the rider it looks like the material is indeed some kind of fabric or maybe even a pleather type of material. Neato. :)

His shoulder pads look fabricy too.

Wow that does look fantastic!!! I too passed on the others, at one point I did have a preorder up for the MH one but all the parts removale just put me off. I know a PT RA is hard if not impossible to do but from what I saw CM was able to get pretty close to it. If CM's was just larger I would've gotten one of those. As is Beale is look GREAT!!! I'm going to get one of these even if it does the MH typ of disassemble reassemble transformation...The size and detail are just big plus's for me! Hopefully, the transformation will be closer to CM's though and give us as close as we can get PT.

Chris

His shoulder pads look fabricy too.

I think that's just the look of the unfinished rapid prototyping material you are seeing. If you look closely, the piston that connects the front wheel to the central hub, and the "V" shaped pieces, and their hinges, that lock around the lower abdomen in RA mode look to be made of the same fuzzy looking whitish stuff. I could be wrong but that is how I interpret what I see in the picture.

spedfish > :o !!!! your avatar?? whats that?!? Megahouse?!

more pics plllllzzz!1!! :wub:

HaHa!! No, Thats a modified Imai 1/12 kit I put together several years back. It pissed me off that all we ever got was Stick and Rey bikes, so I made my own of Houqet's bike. It doesn't transform, its fixed. I never really finished it though, because I wanted to make a bazooka to attach to the right side.

Me LIKEY... ME REALLY LIKEY. Thanks SR!!!

In another note, my Wonderfest Exclusive CMs Standard Soldier Ride Armor just arrived... w00t! I can still be a Mospeada completist after all! Now I just have to rob a bank so I can afford a green and red CMs Legioss Tread combo...

Fantastic. They really nailed the rider figure-- the riding posture he's capable of looks great. The face sculpt is also well done-- much better than the kiddified sculpt on the MH. Minor nitpicks-- the bike's front faring seems to curve slightly downwards, when it's completely straight in the line art. It still looks good, but it's artistic interpretation that I could do without. It makes the bike look less beefy than it originally did, but it is very minor and very tastefully done, and does lend the design some realism and grace. A few of the surfaces and edges also seem to have been smoothed out, sort of like what CMs did with its Legioss design-- again, I would have preferred them to be more angular, but it's a valid artistic interpretation. I still would prefer beefier legs, and the prominant position of that foot screw is pretty screwy. Maybe they'll cover it with a cap. Overall, pretty incredible. I have to see this thing in Armor mode.

OK, now that is a toy worth my money.

Like I say, make me a "toy" that is big and detailed and they can name their price. I am by and large a fan of the Ride Armors in bike mode first and foremost and this Beagle iteration appears to me to be the best toy rendition of a Ride Armor in bike mode that I have ever seen. It even partially fills one of my long-time dreams that someone build a highly detailed Ride Armor accessory for Dragon/Hot Toys scale figures. If they show me accessories like scale pistols, rifles and the like I'll buy one even if it's a QC abomination... I'll glue the bitch into permanent bike mode.

Count this dog in the "buy me a Beagle" camp.

Well I opened my MH Ray and had a run through the transformation and there are several heart attack moments in it but afterwards I took it apart a bit and it'snowhere near as complicated as it seems. My biggest bugbear was the rubbery polycap style joints that so much of this design uses, the ones the front fairing halves were on kept popping off all the time. The armatures that the wheels are on could have been made tighter or even lightly ratcheted, having them swinging around everywhere bothered me immensely.

Then there's the engine, the first time I pushed this in it didn't go all the way so I had to use some force and when it suddenly overcame it's resistance it shot back and the shock snapped the peg holding the seat in it's transformed position! Now it just hangs limply in RA mode. :(

Partly my fault for being careless (though how I was supposed to forsee that I don't know) and partly the fault of the manufactureing process leaving the engine stuck in it's groves and of course the fact that the peg was made of cheap soft pastic.

But no matter, I actually like this toy now I've seen it's best and it's worst, if I can shore up the joints so it'll stand better then I'll probably love it more.

I'll leave getting Stick for now but I'll pre-order Yellow when he goes up and then see how much Beagles little masterpiece is going to cost.

Guys, is t safe to just pull the rider figure apart at the waist?

Well my MH figures come in tomorrow, I'll transform one, so I can have both modes displayed. Who should I leave in bike mode? Stick?

I'm thinking Stick since he doesn't have a gun built into the bike.

I'm not too worried about the stickers. I'll probably skip Yellow from MH since there are just too many toys coming out this year and I'm trying to move...

Looks like my provider can get me my missing plugs for the Rear Side Covers, houray!!!

Lost and found toys is also trying to get me my replacement parts. LOS seems pretty confident that he will get them for me. That is really a relief. Thanks LOS!

Well my MH figures come in tomorrow, I'll transform one, so I can have both modes displayed. Who should I leave in bike mode? Stick?

I recommend leaving Stick in bike mode as Ray's gun practically drags on the ground.

BEAGLE wins hands down!!!!!

Tokyo Anime Fair 2008 took a movie too will put up later off to DOLCE!!!

When I get back I'll laugh about all the complaints from the hard pleaser's!!!!!

awesome!!! Yeah deffinently getting one. Thanks SaveRobotech. Beagle does own.

Alex,

COOL WHEELS on that MH!!! So what's the deal? How did you do that? Details PLEASE :D .

SaveRobotech,

THANKS for the pic of the Beagel! That looks like the BOMB!!!

:ph34r:

Beagle = wow!

I bought the MH ones just to leave in motorcycle mode, I doubt I'll ever try to transform them (I haven't even transformed my YF-19 yet...)

The MH units are MUCH better in Armor Mode than in Bike Mode, IMHO. Transform it, dude :)

The Beagle, as I've said before, looks fantastic. Regardless of the expense, I'll pay to be the first on the block with it.

Like I said... if you build it, they will come... people that say that these properties are too niche can eat it... then buy it...

looks great! as I said before the only thing that can turn me off is bad QC... can't wait to get it!

Alex,

COOL WHEELS on that MH!!! So what's the deal? How did you do that? Details PLEASE :D .

:ph34r:

Thanks

I had to cut off the wheels on the MH because I couldn't just pop them off. So, they're trashed now. I just bought some rubber tyres from a model store and popped them on.

Thanks

I had to cut off the wheels on the MH because I couldn't just pop them off. So, they're trashed now. I just bought some rubber tyres from a model store and popped them on.

Awesome idea! I may just go scouting for some proper nice rubber tyres myself when my MH arrive.