Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Don't be discouraged yet, Robotech.com always sells the MPCs at MSRP and then, when you check eBay a month or two later you can usually find them at deep discounts. It might be the same with these.

If youre in SoCal, the booth #730 at Frank n Sons had the MH RA's at $100 for 2.

They had 1 pair displayed but I'm not sure if that indicated the number left for sale.

Edited to add more info. Thanks chowyunskinny. :p

Edited by gspr

If youre in SoCal, the booth at #730 had the MH RA's at $100 for 2.

Are you referring to Frank and Sons when you say "the booth at #730"?

otherwise, I have no idea what you're talking about

or is "the booth at #730" the name of some new fancy toy boutique store? :lol:

new online retailer maybe? :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

I recently purchased the Mega house Rand and Scot (robotech names). I must say the toy's are great in aperance,color and sculpt in armor mode is fantastic, I will say that the tires in bike mode leave a little bit to be desired. I have a nerological problem that renders my abilty to use my hands for fine motor skills and dextarity very dificult, even so the transformations still take a little longer than I expected. That being said this is a great toy and a great representatnion of the ride armors. Beacause of my medical problems they will stay prety much on display, but no one should sell this toy short it is a great representation of the ride armors, no they are not perfect, but they are a 3 dimensional representation of what is basicaly a two dimensional object, and a very well done representatnion at that. I can't wait to see the Lancer cycone. If there were anything I would change it would be the scale,but that is probably a personal choice due to my disability.

Jon from The Mechfactory

post-2334-1207517975_thumb.jpg

If there were anything I would change it would be the scale

Jon from The Mechfactory

Thanks for the input mate. And on the last part...you DEFINETLY are not the only one who would change the scale. I am all about a larger figure...that is why I love the 1/8 Gakken so much...it's HUGE!

:ph34r:

Managed to find a Gakken 1/8 yesterday for 5000yen. I didn't realise how similar the Gakken and CM were. It's an amazing piece for a 20 plus year old toy. I much prefer this to the MH.

One thing though.....the instructions are all in English. And, as far as I read, nigh on perfect English at that. That shocked me more than the quality of the toy.

BTW, saw a few pics of the Beagle in that new magazine "Super Robot". It has the HBT canisters but is that IT for accessories? I thought it would come with the storage boxes for the bike, a couple of smaller things etc.

Nice to see that it can kneel. But the feet look even tiiiiinier when it's wearing the armor.

Edited by Alex

Managed to find a Gakken 1/8 yesterday for 5000yen. I didn't realise how similar the Gakken and CM were. It's an amazing piece for a 20 plus year old toy. I much prefer this to the MH.

One thing though.....the instructions are all in English. And, as far as I read, nigh on perfect English at that. That shocked me more than the quality of the toy.

BTW, saw a few pics of the Beagle in that new magazine "Super Robot". It has the HBT canisters but is that IT for accessories? I thought it would come with the storage boxes for the bike, a couple of smaller things etc.

Nice to see that it can kneel. But the feet look even tiiiiinier when it's wearing the armor.

Hey mind digging for the pics so we can see it? ^_^

whhaaa? perfect english? no way, that's impossible. u must have bought a fake one. :ph34r:

just kiddin :p

gratz on the catch ^_^

whhaaa? perfect english? no way, that's impossible. u must have bought a fake one. :ph34r:

just kiddin :p

gratz on the catch ^_^

Thanks. Amazing since I saw one at the new Akiba Mandarake for 31,500yen. Great store by the way. Kicks the shinola out of the other stores.

Pics from the mag? I assumed that they were ones we'd already seen. No?

I don't think we've seen any pics of the Beagle prototype in ride armour mode - just the CAD drawings and they wern't kneeling.

Didn't see that one. Did it show the HBT canisters?

BTW, does anyone remember where the pics of that customized Gakken 1/8 are on these boards? Can't find them anywhere. Thanks.

Edited by Alex

You know the more I look at the Mega House on my desk the more I like it. I have the 1/8 Gaken and while the scale is fantastic, the detail on the Mega House just can not be dennied. I will say we defenetly need an additional decal sheet for the Rand, standing next to the Scott without any markings on him he just looks... unfinished.

BTW, does anyone remember where the pics of that customized Gakken 1/8 are on these boards? Can't find them anywhere. Thanks.

I did a search and came up empty handed <_< . I'd like to see these pics to. I found a topic titled "mospeada collection" and Jenius had posted a link in that topic for a "custom cyclone" and when I clicked it I got the 404 error that I hate so much. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND THESE PICS?!? Or can you just post them in here or the "strike a pose mospeada version" please. THANKS.

*dddrrrooooooolllllllsssss* ummm...uhhh...www ooo www !!! That is the BOM! THANKS for posting those! I would like to shake the hand of the one who created that. I am hoping the Toynami MPC Cyclones will be somewhere close to that cool...without falling apart.

EDIT----> I think my tope 2 favs of that custom are the added extensions to the hip armor so that they connect to the armor and not the rider (I hate that about the Gakken) and the added POA (points of articulation).

Edited by misterryno

Now. Do I attempt a similar custom on my own freshly acquired Gakken? Think I'll only attempt a paint job. But that custom looks so good. GAH.

BTW, Just click the back button next to the MAIN button at the top and you'll be able to see the very beginning of his custom.

OH....it doesn't actually show all that much really.

Edited by Alex

Now. Do I attempt a similar custom on my own freshly acquired Gakken? Think I'll only attempt a paint job. But that custom looks so good. GAH.

BTW, Just click the back button next to the MAIN button at the top and you'll be able to see the very beginning of his custom.

OH....it doesn't actually show all that much really.

I feel the same. I will only be doing a spruce up on the paint and not doing much more to my Gakken....mainly because I don't have the skills.