Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Awesome idea! I may just go scouting for some proper nice rubber tyres myself when my MH arrive.

Careful though coz you'll have to slice through the tyres. But if you don't much care for them it really isn't an issue.

Careful though coz you'll have to slice through the tyres. But if you don't much care for them it really isn't an issue.

That's why i got the second type (stick) for experimentation. :D

Gonna be a long count of months before we get Houquet an Yellows ride...

Thanks

I had to cut off the wheels on the MH because I couldn't just pop them off. So, they're trashed now. I just bought some rubber tyres from a model store and popped them on.

RIGHT ON!!! I will be looking for some soon myself. THANKS!

:ph34r:

Are you in the US? I'm not sure if he has more in stock but I got mine from laftoys.com

Nope....he's out :( . I'd like to get a second Scott/Stick.

:ph34r:

Man, I want see more pics of the Beagle bike. I'm thinking it would look great right next to the classic Gakken.

That Beagle is nice. I'd love some more angles as well. I am particularly interested in the suspention.

BEAGLE! BEAGLE! BEAGLE!

Man with the beagle ride armor, the thunder hammer, the appleseed figures and the Aliens power loader, I'm just so happy with my collection.

How the hell did you happen to find that pic of the "Beagle" in "ride armor".? That's pretty funny. You dressed him up yourself. Admit it. Poor animal. ^_^

How the hell did you happen to find that pic of the "Beagle" in "ride armor".? That's pretty funny. You dressed him up yourself. Admit it. Poor animal. ^_^

Just do a photo search on Google for "Beagle armor" and it comes right up.

Found you out, EXO! :p

On a side note, I did a Google photo search for "Beagle Ride Armor" and I got this:

post-430-1206758099_thumb.jpg

Fantastic. They really nailed the rider figure-- the riding posture he's capable of looks great. The face sculpt is also well done-- much better than the kiddified sculpt on the MH. Minor nitpicks-- the bike's front faring seems to curve slightly downwards, when it's completely straight in the line art. It still looks good, but it's artistic interpretation that I could do without. It makes the bike look less beefy than it originally did, but it is very minor and very tastefully done, and does lend the design some realism and grace. A few of the surfaces and edges also seem to have been smoothed out, sort of like what CMs did with its Legioss design-- again, I would have preferred them to be more angular, but it's a valid artistic interpretation. I still would prefer beefier legs, and the prominant position of that foot screw is pretty screwy. Maybe they'll cover it with a cap. Overall, pretty incredible. I have to see this thing in Armor mode.

I actually like the more rounded look of the bike. The bike alone looks very beefy and rounded altogether in the lineart tho' the front IS straight. So far all the toys of the bike made have failed in capture that muscle-street-bike look that I like so much. Beagle really tried hard to make the bike looks great on her own whereas most companies only care about the armor mode.

I guess this pic means that Toynami decided to scrap his Ride Armor on behalf of Beagle's. That or Toynami will try to compete against it. I hope we still get a US release. I'm in Mexico, but a US release is always cheaper than a Japanese one.

I'm surprised someone complained about that and not about how ugly and unstreamlined the megahouse one is...

This is something they need to do with the Bubblegum Crisis... make it look more contemporary and not outdated without sacrificing the look of the design. Man... I hope Beagle makes BGC figures with motoslaves at 1/10. It would be a wet dream come true.

Not sure if this info has been talked about so here it goes.

Beagle is producing (making) the toy but it will be distributed by Yamamto here in Japan.

At Tokyo Anime Fair Beagle told us that it will be distributed outside of Japan by......... Toynami.

Rumor going around the toy industry is that the Japan price is looking to be about 60000 yen, this is not a typo yes sixty thousand yen. Well it is only a rumor as of now.

Edited by SaveRobotech

Not sure if this info has been talked about so here it goes.

Beagle is producing (making) the toy but it will be distributed by Yamamto here in Japan.

At Tokyo Anime Fair Beagle told us that it will be distributed outside of Japan by......... Toynami.

Rumor going around the toy industry is that the Japan price is looking to be about 60000 yen, this is not a typo yes sixty thousand yen. Well it is only a rumor as of now.

Ouch, you buy one and touch it maybe once....

I wonder if Toynami's will be any cheaper, I can see them having a great deal of trouble marketing a $300 toy.

Oops, I meant £300. My maths is just fine, my typing however...

300 pounds?! that's still around 600 bucks (378 euro's). :wacko:

I will have to think about that one, not too many people will own a beagle than,

couse 600 smackers buys you a lot of MH´s <_<

60,000 YEN?! To be honest that sounds insane. I can't think of the last time there was one toy that is so great I would fork out that much for it.

I paid half that much for CM's limited Genesic GaoGaiGar and Great BaanGaan each and those were huge crazy awesome toys.

The only way I could see Toynami associating themselves with a $600 toy is if they did a pre-sale through Robotech.com so they could order an exact amount from Beagle and not be stuck with any.

I wonder what will Toynami call it since they already have their own 'Masterpiece' edition-in-a-faux-book. 'Super Masterpiece'? 'Masterpiece Extreme'?

As I understood the interview from Toyfair, the Beagle version is the Masterpicee one and the MH version is some kinda standard version.

$600? Not a chance... it'll only be like three or four inches taller than the MH.... 1/10 sclae is not huge or anything... this figure should at most cost about a hundred... a the end of the day it's still mostly just a 6-8" action figure with a transformable accessory.

Edited by promethuem5

At 1/10 it would only be about 1 inch taller than the MH.

Be interesting to see who's prepared to pay $600 for a 17cm toy from a company that hasn't made a transforming toy before.

$600 = SV-51 + YF-19 + YF-21 + both Megahouse Ride Armours.