Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Anyone can tell us anything about the mail away weapons kit yet??

i still haven't been able to get my hands on a MegaHouse (due to the licensing....)

if u can give me a pic or scan of the tabs or anything in the box that's related to the mail away, i can try to see if there's any details there. i think the proof of purchase is on the box tabs?

Try transforming it a few more times.

There's a steep learning curve the first time, after that it's much faster. It only takes me about 3 mins to transform a MH now, it took me about 45 mins the first time too - I kept worrying that I was going to break it. The first transform loosens up the stiff pieces too.

The first time i had the same problem, i was terrified of ever transforming it again.

But after a few times it goes much faster and you know witch parts you can pop-off without any problems.

i am now constantly transforming my ray, putting him in all kind off poses :lol:

Beagle ltd. will release 1/10 ride-armor whose distributer is YAMATO Inc.??

post-1627-1206272535_thumb.jpg

post-1627-1206272621_thumb.jpg

post-1627-1206272634_thumb.jpg

post-1627-1206272650_thumb.jpg

Edited by yui1107

To the question on the special wepon, Rob from Samurai Monkey told me the following:

"The only way to get that feature was to order it from the megahouse website on a certain day. "

So i dont think too many people will have that.

Wow - the Beagle looks absolutely amazing!

It appears that they're actually using cloth to cover up the joints on the rider figure, which is fantastic.

There is definitely enough space for the head to pass through without a decapitation, and if I'm interpreting correctly it looks like they might have managed to pull of the transformation without requiring the removal of the missile gauntlets or the thigh covers (at the very least they have a complex enough mechanism sliding the schocks to the back that it looks quite possible).

While the feet do look a tad small to me, they work so well with the proportions of the bike that it seems like a niggling complaint, in every other respect it looks like this is the true exo-suit we've been hoping for.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finish on this puppy - as it is the screws are already very well hidden and the plastic looks fairly matte, so I have high hopes.

The near perfect transformation and proportions on the CM's got spoiled by the poor finish, and the beautifully finished MH could have used slightly better proportions and transformation - this looks like its got the best of both worlds and then some, lets hope it lives up to what we see in the protos!

Then maybe once they move through the other 3 ride armors someone can pressure them into doing the tread and legioss as well . . . . :)

So this is being distributed through Yamato? Do you think anyone on their design team might have had some involvement?

Heres to hopes the execution, QC, and material choices match up with the design!

where did u guys read that Yamato is involved?

i'm quite concerned about the price for this. for this scale and size, coupled with the other beagle products we've seen (none are mecha based...) this thing will be way above the 10,000 yen mark... i want it but wallet damage might be too much for me. :(

Cloth to cover the joints? Oh, now that just impresses me. I sincerely hope that the final product will be as good as I am hoping. I'll get one even if it breaks the $150 mark.

Obviously the Beagle blows the competition out of the water in the looks department, but we all know this is a modern day Japanese toy and will therefore have pretty sh!tty QC and crappy materials. So I just hope it doesn't break out of the box or have wrong pieces or any other problems like that. I know it'll have loose joints and pieces that fall off, because that's par for the course, but man, if it's not broken and is correctly assembled when I get it, I'll consider myself lucky.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty cynical about this stuff. But it's damn true! :lol:

Edited by danth

Yeah, I'm getting pretty cynical about this stuff. But it's damn true! :lol:

No, it's not really true. While some things have questionable QC it's not a blanket fact that can be laid over every Japanese (or American for that matter) toy in the market.. I'm sure you have the two most recent Ride Armor toys in mind with that statement, but they are hardly indicative of the industry as a whole. While there always have been and always will be a certain percentage of toys that come off the line with QC problems, it only becomes an issue when the problems are widespread and the percentage is high (such as most Toynami toys and the two recent ride armor toys). For the most part there are a lot of recent toys that don't suffer from widespread problems.

I'm not saying there aren't problems out there, but it's certainly not so widespread that someone is most likely to get a crappy toy.

No, it's true, at least for all the toys I'm interested in. There is no "aside from the windshield on the CM," because that's huge. And the Megahouse and it's visors breaking or wrong parts. Or the Aoshima and Toynami Legioss. How about Yamato's shoulder problems, on the VF-0 or Garland? Yeah, Eriku can pretend it's only a Toynami thing and others can just downplay the extent of the problems, but it's pretty much industry wide, and while companies like Yamato fix the problems by the second run, any first run toy these days is likely to be problem-ridden.

No, it's true, at least for all the toys I'm interested in. There is no "aside from the windshield on the CM," because that's huge. And the Megahouse and it's visors breaking or wrong parts. Or the Aoshima and Toynami Legioss. How about Yamato's shoulder problems, on the VF-0 or Garland? Yeah, Eriku can pretend it's only a Toynami thing and others can just downplay the extent of the problems, but it's pretty much industry wide, and while companies like Yamato fix the problems by the second run, any first run toy these days is likely to be problem-ridden.

I'm not pretending anything. You're just simply wrong. You even acknowledged that fact yourself with your first sentence "at least the toys I'm interested in". I'm not trying to fight with you because it's nothing to argue, you're just exaggerating or misinformed.

My hopes for the Beagle are a toy that looks good in both modes - the best of both worlds. I expect it to have problems. Even a big transforming robot manufacturer like TAKARA makes the occasional QC problem figure (MP-5 Megatron).

From what I can gather so far Beagle make (really nice) PVC figures - most don't even have articulation. So from what we've seen I think it will look as nice as the prototype pics make it out to be. Hopefully with good face sculpting as well. If the red areas on the proto pics are cloth I guess that means that the tyres will be rubber - nice.

Perfect transformation would be nice, but it doesn't really worry me - imo it's an overrated principle.

My hopes for the Beagle are a toy that looks good in both modes - the best of both worlds. I expect it to have problems. Even a big transforming robot manufacturer like TAKARA makes the occasional QC problem figure (MP-5 Megatron).

From what I can gather so far Beagle make (really nice) PVC figures - most don't even have articulation. So from what we've seen I think it will look as nice as the prototype pics make it out to be. Hopefully with good face sculpting as well. If the red areas on the proto pics are cloth I guess that means that the tyres will be rubber - nice.

Perfect transformation would be nice, but it doesn't really worry me - imo it's an overrated principle.

I'm really quite intrigued by the addition of cloth on the Beagle. It's little visual cues like the tiny folds in fabric that give a figure that dynamic look when posed. I'm looking forward to this one. Reminds me of the MEGOs. :lol:

Edited by Alex

I wonder if it's possible that what looks like fabric could be something like the flexible latex that some Evangelion and Patlabor kits use to cover the joints. I'm hoping it's some kind of fabric (less chance of wear and tear).

Many thanks to misterryno for posting scans of the english instructions!!! Dude, they really helped!!

No problem...Glad to be of assistance! :D

:ph34r:

Y'know, removing the visor on the MH makes the heads look like What's-his-name from Eriku's sig pic.

LOL :lol: The name on the Avatar for eriku is "Bulkhead" I believe. I will prob. be removing my MH's visors soon to paint them black and make them so they do not open/close.

I'm not pretending anything. You're just simply wrong. You even acknowledged that fact yourself with your first sentence "at least the toys I'm interested in". I'm not trying to fight with you because it's nothing to argue, you're just exaggerating or misinformed.

I know big companies like Takara and Bandai might have pretty consistently good QC, but I don't follow Transformers or Gundams. Second-tier toymakers, who concentrate on niche toys like Mospeada or Megazone or even Macross, seem to be plagued with QC issues. Sometimes it's just "minor" stuff like looseness and parts that don't fit or that break too easily, or major problems like the ones I listed previously.

My Takatoku and Gakken toys attest to the quality of old-school niche toymakers. But they either went under or left the toy business, so maybe that kinda quality is not profitable.

I know big companies like Takara and Bandai might have pretty consistently good QC, but I don't follow Transformers or Gundams. Second-tier toymakers, who concentrate on niche toys like Mospeada or Megazone or even Macross, seem to be plagued with QC issues. Sometimes it's just "minor" stuff like looseness and parts that don't fit or that break too easily, or major problems like the ones I listed previously.

My Takatoku and Gakken toys attest to the quality of old-school niche toymakers. But they either went under or left the toy business, so maybe that kinda quality is not profitable.

Takara and Bandai make a lot more toys than Transformers and Gundam, and most of them do exhibit consistently good QC. One of the things that is so rewarding about Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line for example is that when you buy a SOC toy you are pretty much guranteed to get a toy with immaculate QC. Beyond the big dogs like Bandai and Takara/Tomy and even Medicom (who also makes QC a priority), there are the smaller dogs like Kaiyodo who are generally committed to top-notch QC for their products. Kaiyodo's Revoltech line has been superb overall. Then there are even smaller companies like CMs who has always been respected for quality toys (the windshield on the Ride Armor is the first 'major' problem I've heard from any CM's toy). I know there are several I'm forgetting, but my basic point is that there are still a lot of companies who are committed to excellent quality control. I'm not sure why companies like Yamato seem to have so many hiccups (pretty much everything I have from Yamato is problem-free but I can't ignore what I read here), especially considering the premium that fans pay for their toys. Maybe their designs are too complicated for most factories, I don't know.

As for Beagle, I can't name a single thing they've done nor can I recall reading anything about any of their products, so I don't know what to expect from them. I'll certainly wait to hear some reviews of the Ride Armor before buying one, regardless of how great it looks. Nothing makes you feel like you wasted your money quite as much as a crappy toy, so I don't like to take my chances.

eriku,

A great point that is. This was posted a page back or so...

Beagle ltd. will release 1/10 ride-armor whose distributer is YAMATO Inc.??

What are the thoughts on this. Is it a truth...or mearly a question???

eriku,

A great point that is. This was posted a page back or so...

What are the thoughts on this. Is it a truth...or mearly a question???

I don't know how much a distribution deal with Yamato would affect the quality of the toy one way or another. If Beagle is making it and Yamato is just distributing it we wouldn't be able to use Yamato's toys as an indicator of what to expect. Using the Megahouse Ride Armor as an example, it appears Toynami is only distributing it so we can't really expect Toynami-style QC from the toy since it's just their name on the box.

Even if Beagle is designing it and Yamato is in charge of manufacturing it, we still wouldn't be able to fully base our expectations of the final product on Yamato's previous toys because most of what Yamato releases they also design (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm far from an authority on Yamato).

What would be funny for no real reason is if Yamato distributes it within Japan and Toynami distributes it abroad. That could be a very real possibility.

That would be funny. And I don't mean funny HA HA. <_<