Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I just got both of mine in the mail today. I will open them up and let y'all know if I get the Studs or the Duds. So I was just looking at the packaging for these guys and in the lower right hand corner like in the pic on the last page...my Ray figure says Toynami and the Stick figure says Megahouse. So this could be why people are having all the QC issues with Ray? Or it could be that Toynami has already started the distributing...which is why the box would say "Ray" and not "Ley" cause the Megahouse box says "Stick" not "Scott". I wonder why my Ray figure is Toynami and my Stick figure is MH? Hmmmmm.....I wonder if I will get decals? I'll find out laters.

:ph34r:

Sell them to me cheap if you don't like them... :p

Sell them to me cheap if you don't like them... :p

Not as cheap as I sold the CM's for.....and I already have had someone PM about it so I'm set if they are $hit. ^_^

I just got both of mine in the mail today. I will open them up and let y'all know if I get the Studs or the Duds. So I was just looking at the packaging for these guys and in the lower right hand corner like in the pic on the last page...my Ray figure says Toynami and the Stick figure says Megahouse. So this could be why people are having all the QC issues with Ray? Or it could be that Toynami has already started the distributing...which is why the box would say "Ray" and not "Ley" cause the Megahouse box says "Stick" not "Scott". I wonder why my Ray figure is Toynami and my Stick figure is MH? Hmmmmm.....I wonder if I will get decals? I'll find out laters.

Problem with your theory about the names: if Toynami was going to give him a name it'd be Rand, not Ray. MH named him Ray because it's more sensible then Ley (though anything is still possible with a character named Stick/Stig being the star).

Problem with your theory about the names: if Toynami was going to give him a name it'd be Rand, not Ray. MH named him Ray because it's more sensible then Ley (though anything is still possible with a character named Stick/Stig being the star).

Hmmmmm....well......it was just a theory ^_^ .

got mine today, not a great toy, not a bad toy, looks nice, transformation is not fun, toy can be somewhat fiddly.

Nice pic...I just got my 2 today as well. I am actually 100% more pleased than I was with the CM's. I have opened Stick and posed him multiple times (I can actually get some cool poses with these and I could'nt get any with the CM's) snapped some pics. I have yet to TF him. I want to get Ray out...do the same that I have done with Stick so far and then I will be able to comment on him. So far though *knocks on wood* there has not been any issues with my Stick figure. In the famous words of the Govenator....I'll be back.

I'm really enjoying playing with the rider figs actually... right now Stick is firing from cover behind his overturned bike and looks great doing it. I'm torn as to whether I want weather and detail this fig now, or wait to see if anyone can find a hi-res scan of the stickers first so I can make some decals...

Anybody gotten their from a store located in the US? The wait is killing me. I pray my stick says megahouse and not toynami.

I imagine if someone wanted to sell these down the road that the Megahouse ones would be worth a bit more considering toynami's poor reputation.

Okay....I have opened and posed my Ray figure now in various ways. I have not TFed him yet...I am about to put together his "extra parts"(saddle bags). The only sort of issue so far is that his waist is a tiny bit loser than Sticks is...but that is an easy fix. I will let all know more once I TF them.

I just got all of Rays "extra parts" together. I don't much care for the little tiny items that can go in the saddle bags. I was however able to fit all but one hand from both Ray and Scott in the bags. I also am able to fit Ray on his bike with the bags being were they are supposed to be. Whoever said that this was not possible is wrong. I will snap some pics of that here in a while.

EDIT-----> A positive not to Ray being distributed by Toynami is that his instructions are in English. It's a bit easier for me to read than Japanese is.

Edited by misterryno

EDIT-----> A positive not to Ray being distributed by Toynami is that his instructions are in English. It's a bit easier for me to read than Japanese is.

Any chance you could scan that? I just got mine today (from HLJ - no Toynami branding) and I'm completely ready to throw Ray across the room. I can't at all figure out how to collapse the engine enough to get the human figure to slide into the transformed chest piece. I studied the video on the MH page, but they seem to have left that part/step out. Argh! So far, the CMs was FAR less frustrating to transform...and I hated that one. <_<

Any chance you could scan that? I just got mine today (from HLJ - no Toynami branding) and I'm completely ready to throw Ray across the room. I can't at all figure out how to collapse the engine enough to get the human figure to slide into the transformed chest piece. I studied the video on the MH page, but they seem to have left that part/step out. Argh! So far, the CMs was FAR less frustrating to transform...and I hated that one. <_<

For some reason I have not been able to get my scanner working....but if you can wait till tomorrow I will scan them at work and put them on here. Is that cool?

Crasis, as was mentioned a page or so back, you need to fold the engine in as you're folding the seat up. Otherwise, it will not go.

D'oh! Thanks for that! I somehow missed that bit of the discussion yesterday! :wacko: I just tried it, and it did work! ^_^ Phew!

Crasis,

Here is what it says under pic number 3 on the instructions...

Bring up seat and tank cover 90 degrees

Fit engine inside the tank

Slide down the seat and connect the tank cover joint

Hope this helps mate.

Yeah, sliding the engine back into the back of the bike is the toughest part of the whole transformation.

I will find this out come tomorrow.

Just some advice to all who are going to tighten Ray's looser waist. I tightened mine after it being floppy for the first two weeks. I thought it was the floppiness that was stressing the post but it could be that tightening the balljoint put more stress on the peg, so be a little careful.

God, I feel like the sandwhich-board, end-of-the-world guy. Sorry.

Edited by Alex

Got my MH cyclones today ... opened Stick and he looks good!!! Won't have time to transform him until the weekend, as I'm busy with work.

Thanks to those posting the pics ....

Edited by Vermillion21

Just some advice to all who are going to tighten Ray's looser waist. I tightened mine after it being floppy for the first two weeks. I thought it was the floppiness that was stressing the post but it could be that tightening the balljoint put more stress on the peg, so be a little careful.

God, I feel like the sandwhich-board, end-of-the-world guy. Sorry.

Great....thanks for letting me know....I will watch out for that.

Ohhh...I forgot to mention...I TFed Scott into his RA last night right before I went to bed. The transformation was fairly simple except for since the figure is brand spankin new alot of the bike parts were stuck together fairly well. As most of you have come to find out...the engine part was the most diffacult to figure out (even with English instructions and various helps on the boards). I need to sand down the peg on the targeting scope in order to get it to fit into the hole. I had gotten him to stand on his own but I prefer the stand that he comes with. Is there a better way to get his RA to "fit" to him??? So far all I have found is the little white things that fit into his upper rib area on the sides. The part of the engine that fits into his back does'nt really do much. But all in all.....I LOVE IT!!! MUCH MORE than the CM's. I will be getting the whole MH lineup for sure.

EDIT---> Spelling

Edited by misterryno

Jenius,

I don't remember....are you getting the MH's??? If so...when are you going to do your review???

WHOLY CRAP!!! I just thought of something AWESOME!!! Ride Armor Revoltechs!!! That would be SOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL!!!!!

The MH are around the same size as Revoltech, but we've never gotten any cool PVC armored figures before... a RT fig of the guy in armored mode would be all kinds of win.

misteryno, there really isn't much more support than the white things holding the armor on... it's not a huge issue, but it could be a bit more secure... if the bit on the engine mated up with the hole in the back better it would help alot... I wouldn't mind if the chest parts locked to the center bit like they do on the Gakken either, but that's a relaly minor nitpick. I'm starting to wish I had both Stick and Ray sent to me at school instead of just Stick as I can't stop fiddling with the toy in either mode and can't decide how to leave it...

No, but the CMs are. I have my CMs Stick standing next to my Revoltech Patlabors right now. He's the same size as movie Alphonse.

My revoltech alphonse seems a good head taller to me. I'm not counting the height of the wheels, just the rider.

My revoltech alphonse seems a good head taller to me. I'm not counting the height of the wheels, just the rider.

Eh, I counted the wheels. My VF-1 Revoltechs are also about perfect eye level with Stick. The MH, to me, seems a tad tall for a Revoltech. But then again, Revoltech is a non-scale line of toys anyway, so I guess it is a moot point. ^_^

a RT fig of the guy in armored mode would be all kinds of win.

That's what I'm talkin bout!!! :D

misteryno, there really isn't much more support than the white things holding the armor on... it's not a huge issue, but it could be a bit more secure... if the bit on the engine mated up with the hole in the back better it would help alot... I wouldn't mind if the chest parts locked to the center bit like they do on the Gakken either, but that's a relaly minor nitpick. I'm starting to wish I had both Stick and Ray sent to me at school instead of just Stick as I can't stop fiddling with the toy in either mode and can't decide how to leave it...

:( That's what I figured. I will come up with something. I actually have been thinking I will pic up one more of each so I can leave one in RA mode and the other in Rider and Bike. Then I would just super glue the armor in place or something crazy like that.