Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I have to say that I got my MH Stick and Ley yesterday, 2 sets, and they are pretty damn cool. the only problem I found was on one of the Stick figures, the guard rail piece (the part with the black and white stripes had one missing the joint piece to connect it to the leg in armor mode. Needless to say, I am kinda pissed at it, but nevertheless, for it's size, it's a freaking awesome toy. HLJ didn't even tell me they had shipped them until like 3 days ago, and bam, there they were at my doorstep. I'm glad I got these over the CM versions. They do the Mospeada line a bit of justice.

You may want to contact HLJ customer service, they may be able to help you contact the company about the missing piece.

You may want to contact HLJ customer service, they may be able to help you contact the company about the missing piece.

I'll do that. Thanks for your help. My other ones came out just fine, so hopefully I can get this one taken care of.

who else is now curious about how big the toynamis will be? I think they're closer to the old gakkens right....?

Depending on which route they go, 1/10 or 1/12, they could be just a bit smaller than twice as large as the CMs.

Someone will get a set... and when they do, we NEED a Hi-res scan...

That would be great! Then we could print our own stickers.

Soooooo.....

Anyone here with a stickersheet please do scan it well in high resolution and post here before getting trigger happy and applying them please. Thanks.

The Invid and Ray (Rand) are both from the US Robotech toyline. You can get them on ebay pretty easily.

Yeah, I realised that just after posting. The Invid is pretty nice. Seems to hav e some claw action thing. Unfortunately, the Ray is a little....yeah. I keep seeing those Robotech figures turning up in bargain bins etc. pretty fugly things.

That really freaking sucks! They should really all just come with stickers! Really F***** stupid! Making the stickers exclusive? That is just retarded!

Yeah....I'm gonna go with this one.

:ph34r:

u mean the lumpy one that was on show with Rey/Mint? cool! I liked the look of em actually. But has to be poseable! =-)... ooo, and lens covers with a hidden switch 'blink' them hehehe

(no probs M.R, anything to help lol)

Yeah, I realised that just after posting. The Invid is pretty nice. Seems to hav e some claw action thing. Unfortunately, the Ray is a little....yeah. I keep seeing those Robotech figures turning up in bargain bins etc. pretty fugly things.

FYI, Matchbox made 2 Invids: 1 scout class (red) and 1 regular trooper class (purple). Both can be easily found from eBay for decent prices. They were reissued under the Exo-Squad toy series as well. I have both and they are decent.

And while the Matchbox Robotech figures aren't great - they are nice to have IMHO. Better than nothing.

FYI, Matchbox made 2 Invids: 1 scout class (red) and 1 regular trooper class (purple). Both can be easily found from eBay for decent prices. They were reissued under the Exo-Squad toy series as well. I have both and they are decent.

And while the Matchbox Robotech figures aren't great - they are nice to have IMHO. Better than nothing.

If I ever get any of the Robotech figures i'll just imagine them to be evil, imperfect robotic clones ala "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey".

If I ever get any of the Robotech figures i'll just imagine them to be evil, imperfect robotic clones ala "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, the veritech fighter pilots (Rick, Roy, Max, Lisa, & Miriya), Scott in cyclone suit, Dana in battle armour, and the Zentradi warriors aren't too bad. The others .... ok.

Probably because Matchbox wanted kids to buy the non-transforming cyclone bike toy that's suppose to go with the Scott figure ...

:p

But I know what you mean, Scott had half his cyclone armour on, sans the backpack section.

Edited by Vermillion21

HLJ didn't have the stickers. Its a store exclusive apparently and given as a seperate piece at some stores. :(

Damn....and the stickers really gave it more detail.

Dammit all to hUUUELLLL!!!! *cries to the moons*

I have faith in our resources to do up copy runs. :) *raises hand for 2 or 3 sets*

That line up of all the different R/Armours is fantastic.

Deffinently the CM and Megahouse are the clear winners so far. Lol the old Gakken reminds me of Buzz (Lightyear).

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well I picked up my MHs today.

If what people are saying about the MHs being easier to transform than the CMs is right then my sympathies to the people that got the CMs cos I found the MH to be a real pain in the ass to transform. It is really fiddley in that when you connect one piece another falls off etc. The windshield falls off every time it's touched so I might have to glue it on. The parts that are supposed to come away easily are tight and the parts that are supposed to be tight are loose, especially the hips. And there is NO chance of getting these things to stand on their own, even the stand is loose and droops unless balanced perfectly with the figure on top. If the feet are secured to the floor the figure tips backwards to the ground cos the hips are so loose, I will see if it's possible to tighten them.

The visor is not only purple but the twit who is supposed to spray the dark grade across the bottom only sprayed one side and it looks weird for it so I might have to strip and retouch it or simply paint the inside black. The visor is loose and doesn't close properly either.

There are several more nitpicky type complaints I have about it and I'm a reasonably tollerant person when it comes to transformable toys.

All in all its nice but when transforming it it's more like assembling a small model kit. It looks nice but it takes alot of effort to make it look nice, it falls apart if moved arouind too much and many of these parts are really small.

I wonder if someone can make reproduction stickers for this thing that will bear how much movement is needed to transform it anyway. I can see then slipping off easily unless they are sealed decals.

And if anyone can tell me what the piece in the tray next to the aiming device is for I would appreciate it. And is it possille to attach the front fork and handlebars to the ride armour mode?

Edited by Tober

Well I picked up my MHs today.

If what people are saying about the MHs being easier to transform than the CMs is right then my sympathies to the people that got the CMs cos I found the MH to be a real pain in the ass to transform. It is really fiddley in that when you connect one piece another falls off etc. The windshield falls off every time it's touched so I might have to glue it on. The parts that are supposed to come away easily are tight and the parts that are supposed to be tight are loose, especially the hips. And there is NO chance of getting these things to stand on their own, even the stand is loose and droops unless balanced perfectly with the figure on top. If the feet are secured to the floor the figure tips backwards to the ground cos the hips are so loose, I will see if it's possible to tighten them.

The visor is not only purple but the twit who is supposed to spray the dark grade across the bottom only sprayed one side and it looks weird for it so I might have to strip and retouch it or simply paint the inside black. The visor is loose and doesn't close properly either.

There are several more nitpicky type complaints I have about it and I'm a reasonably tollerant person when it comes to Htransformable toys.

All in all its nice but when transforming it it's more like assembling a small model kit. It looks nice but it takes alot of effort to make it look nice, it falls apart if moved arouind too much and many of these parts are really small.

I wonder if someone can make reproduction stickers for this thing that will bear how much movement is needed to transform it anyway. I can see then slipping off easily unless they are sealed decals.

And if anyone can tell me what the piece in the tray next to the aiming device is for I would appreciate it. And is it possille to attach the front fork and handlebars to the ride armour mode?

Wow, sounds like you were quite unlucky there. I had no problems whatsoever. And the windshield fell off!? I heard of that happening on the CM but not the MH.

Now,some half-arsed musing.......

I was actually thinking about all those people who had difficulties transforming the CM for example. Alot of people complain that a toy is "impossible to transform" or that it's "fiddly and too flimsy".

I think that different people react differently to different designs. Some claim that the toy itself is crappy but it's really because it just doesn't appeal to their particular "style" or "ability". QC aside, i've seen people have TOTALLY different reactions to the same toy.

I wonder if there's is some sort of correlation that we can show. YAY! Transforming toys as a Psychological method!

Half-arsed musing now finished.

Yeah, that was Ray before. I just opened and transformed Stick. His joints are stiffer but the same story with the visor only being graded on one side (right). No probs with the windshield this time.

If I lean him far forward he can stand but it's awkward. Currently he's in a cool looking half kneeling pose with his arm missiles pointing upwards. :)

I was actually thinking about all those people who had difficulties transforming the CM for example. Alot of people complain that a toy is "impossible to transform" or that it's "fiddly and too flimsy".

I think that different people react differently to different designs. Some claim that the toy itself is crappy but it's really because it just doesn't appeal to their particular "style" or "ability". QC aside, i've seen people have TOTALLY different reactions to the same toy.

I wonder if there's is some sort of correlation that we can show. YAY! Transforming toys as a Psychological method!

Half-arsed musing now finished.

I love disgustingly over designed transforming toys. But then again, I like playing with rubix cubes. I think there are people that just want a toy to stick on a shelf, make it look the way they want it to look, and then there are people that truly take great joy in the mechanical complexity of a transforming toy. I am definitly one of the latter.

I love disgustingly over designed transforming toys. But then again, I like playing with rubix cubes. I think there are people that just want a toy to stick on a shelf, make it look the way they want it to look, and then there are people that truly take great joy in the mechanical complexity of a transforming toy. I am definitly one of the latter.

Same, I enjoy taking on complex transforming toys like Masterpiece Megatron and the SV-51 to see if I can work out the transformation without the instructions. But then there are toys such as the Trike Ach which are more like kits that you assemble/disassemble to transform. They're fun but not in the same way. The MH Ride Armour transformation sits inbetween.

SWEET!!! I just got my customer receipt from LOS at LAFtoys for my MH Stick. That means I should have it VERY SOON!!!

For anyone who isn't happy with the CM's stand, you may want to try a Revoltech stand if you have any. I tried the one that came with Tetsujin 28. It doesn't peg in tightly but it slides in deep enough to hold the ride armor in different upright positions. Seeing as how there are different sizes of Revoltech joints maybe there are some joints that fit more snugly. Just an idea. :)

For anyone who isn't happy with the CM's stand, you may want to try a Revoltech stand if you have any. I tried the one that came with Tetsujin 28. It doesn't peg in tightly but it slides in deep enough to hold the ride armor in different upright positions. Seeing as how there are different sizes of Revoltech joints maybe there are some joints that fit more snugly. Just an idea. :)

And a good idea at that.

...And if anyone can tell me what the piece in the tray next to the aiming device is for I would appreciate it...

I also wondered what that piece is for. Anyway, it's the kickstand that attaches to the hole on the bottom of either the left or right railguard which allows the bike to stand up.

post-3450-1205259721_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1205259757_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1205259810_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1205259832_thumb.jpg

Edited by roboto

I also wondered what that piece is for. Anyway, it's the kickstand that attaches to the hole on the bottom of either the left or right railguard which allows the bike to stand up.

Heh....no $hit!?! That's kinda nice...but then again....I like the "prop" that comes with the CM. I might have to make one for the MH.

im excited to get mine, but I wont see it for a couple of weeks Id say. Ah well...

other than the faces, Stick and Rey look exactly the same right?

Their "under armor shirts" are different colors :p

Cool, thanks. :)

I always prefer simple Gobot transformations myself, and the simple "stand figure upright" transformations of many TF Beast Wars figures.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SWEET!!! I just got my customer receipt from LOS at LAFtoys for my MH Stick. That means I should have it VERY SOON!!!

Me too ... can't wait!!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I think there are people that just want a toy to stick on a shelf, make it look the way they want it to look, and then there are people that truly take great joy in the mechanical complexity of a transforming toy. I am definitly one of the latter.

Me too. But I think if CMs just made it bigger, maybe that would give it more points in the reviews so the stuff isn't going to pop off easily as people struggle to move parts without accidentally moving or popping off other parts. It can still be complex, but just bigger and more detailed to make it even better.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

LOS said that his shipment should be in on Friday and he will be shipping Friday and Saturday!

SWEET!!! I'm so happy to hear this.