Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I'm gonna get the one that stands all by itself... d'oh!

They both seem to be needing some form of support to stand, that's a stick behind the CM version isn't it?

Edited by gilermo

MH is still looking wayyyyyyyyyyy better than the CM in that pic.

You're right gilermo. Both need some form of support.

That pic is not winning me over to CM's side, i going with MH on this one (all 4 figures).

Finally a straight up comparison shot.

Well that seals it for me, Megahouse win by a mile.

And both need support, the deisgn has a huge great backpack sticking out and wheels on struts, there's no way either of them would ever stand on their own unless you could put ballast in the front part of the armour.

.. there's no way either of them would ever stand on their own unless you could put ballast in the front part of the armour.

But the CMs does stand on it's own. At least mine does. Yes, it's very back-heavy but it can stand. Just don't bump the shelf. ^_^

LOL, the wheels are the SAME size!

So true... I can't believe how small the MH wheels are. It's almost as small as darth vaders hands!

In the transformation video the MH stands on it's own. I'm pretty sure you can put them into poses that balance. In some of the pics I posted earlier the CMs version stood in different poses by itself.

I gotta get these, still not sure from where though.

Nope they dont work that way. if there was a 14days claim, i would've received my item since i email them almost immediately within 2-3days or even just after 1 day. and nope, i didn't get my preorder and it went out of stock immediately :)

example: say i pre-ordered 2 items in one order, and one of them arrived. if you ordered that newly-arrived item at this time and there's not enough stock for both of us, the item will be mailed to u bypassing my pre-order, so that hlj can get their $$ first. They don't care if i pre-ordered 10months ago, they only want to get their $$ asap. My pre-orders have been screwed for more than once, and i learnt it the hard way - preorders at HLJ don't guarantee u anything at all.

i think the best way is to preorder 1 item at a time (i.e. make sure u have separate order numbers) AND chose 'ship immediately'. of course, u might end up having to pay more shipping for your separate packages. but still take note that their idea of a 'pre-order' is no guarantee for u to get your item, no matter how early u pre-ordered. The ordering system at hlj is "confusing" to quote directly from the hlj staff themselves. :rolleyes:

u can try that for chance, or preorder from other stores that treats preorders and queue numbers like how we normally perceive them to be. :)

Okay. Didn't really know that b/c I've never had problems with them and I've seen them put Order Stops on some items that they are worried about filling pre-orders for.

Hmm, if they're already in Singapore, I should be picking up mine from China Square soon. I think the low down for me is that the MH only looks good in combined mode. Seeing them side-by-side really shows how much more balanced the CM's design is, despite the fiddly transformation. I do believe I'll keep collecting the CM's and give up the rest of the MHs. The puny wheels on the MH are bugging the heck out of me... just like the too-thin arms on the 1/48 VF-1 series.

Edited by drifand

Hmm, if they're already in Singapore, I should be picking up mine from China Square soon. I think the low down for me is that the MH only looks good in combined mode. Seeing them side-by-side really shows how much more balanced the CM's design is, despite the fiddly transformation. I do believe I'll keep collecting the CM's and give up the rest of the MHs. The puny wheels on the MH are bugging the heck out of me... just like the too-thin arms on the 1/48 VF-1 series.

That's exactly my thought. The Megahouse figure without the armor looks really odd, whereas the CM version is much more proportional in all modes. BTW, based on my experience, Singapore (especially stores in China Square) usually get their stock a few days to a week after Hong Kong. The official release date for MH in HK is next Tuesday, so expect them some time after that.

Edited by Ivan

If only the CMs were scaled up (which could help some of the fiddly transformation and parts-pop problems), had screw covers, and painted in a finish closer to the MHs--there would be no contest for me.

The proportions on the MH are just plain weird on both the rider (freaky neck) and the bike (small tires). I also don't like how dull the toy looks without any markings (I don't need to bring up the decal bs again). And, of course, the purple visor thing still gets me, but I've said that ad nauseam in this thread already. However, the anime-accurate face sculpts are very cool, and it's nice to have the option to display the riders without helmets. I'll probably end up collecting all the MH, simply because I'm a sucker for seeing my heroes faces, and they look to be improving with the Yellow... and because I basically hope to never have to attempt to transform a CMs model again, due to the frustration inherent in the small size.

If only the CMs were scaled up (which could help some of the fiddly transformation and parts-pop problems), had screw covers, and painted in a finish closer to the MHs--there would be no contest for me.

The proportions on the MH are just plain weird on both the rider (freaky neck) and the bike (small tires). I also don't like how dull the toy looks without any markings (I don't need to bring up the decal bs again). And, of course, the purple visor thing still gets me, but I've said that ad nauseam in this thread already. However, the anime-accurate face sculpts are very cool, and it's nice to have the option to display the riders without helmets. I'll probably end up collecting all the MH, simply because I'm a sucker for seeing my heroes faces, and they look to be improving with the Yellow... and because I basically hope to never have to attempt to transform a CMs model again, due to the frustration inherent in the small size.

Hrm... The Megahouse also has the hand guards/shoulder armor situated pretty far forward. To accommodate for this it seems CM’s attached the Handlebars farther back. Eh… I prefer CM’s bike mode, and I prefer Megahouse’s armor mode, and I certainly prefer CM’s engineering choices and overall proportions, but Megahouse is a better size for the price. Oh if only I could throw both into a blender and get the ideal mix. Oh well.

I think I'll collect lines both if I can afford it. The CM is probably about as perfect transformation as a ride armor toy can ever get, so it satisfies me on that level. The does Megahouse looks pretty slick in armor mode, even if its bike mode is funny and it really pushes the limit on how much part forming I’m willing to tolerate in a transforming toy.

I doubt I'll display any of them in bike mode, well if CMS and MH lancer both turn out well that might be the one I get a double of to display in both modes, his bike was always my favorite anyway..

Anybody else hope Beagle/Toynami are taking notes or has everyone given up on any chance of that not sucking if it makes it past vaporware? Why in the world did these companies choose to make such tiny versions of such complicated toys? Since CMs clearly has a Mospeada license is there any sense in us hoping they'll revisit it with a release of larger ride armor toys?? Will we get a Mega House Legioss/Tread some day? Gimme more!

I'll agree that the figure and bike for CM's look slightly better, but the combined mode for the Megahouse one just puts them miles apart. MH just looks so much more dynamic that CM's can't even come close IMO. Plus, the size and paint on the MH one make it the winner in my book. I might buy a CM one if I could find one for $30, but not anything higher than that (so if anyone wants to sell me theirs for that price, just PM me).

I'm with Jenius on this one - hopefully Beagle is taking notes on these.

If the computer mockup is at all accurate it will look terrific in bike mode and have little if any parts forming, but of course I'm just gathering that from my interpretation of the image, we still don't know for sure what they are going to do. Again, if that interpretation is accurate, all they need to do is try to match the finish on the Megahouse and we have a winner.

Hopefully the Beagle ride armor isn't just vaporware, it was looking promising. . . ..

Hopefully the Beagle ride armor isn't just vaporware,

...and hopefully it won't be supplanted by the Toynami version. Lets not lose sight of that looming threat. If that happens,...well, Megahouse will likely be as good as it gets.

I don't think the CMs scaled up would look good as you think. It looks good for it's size but any bigger there'll be parts that look really weird.

I don't think the CMs scaled up would look good as you think. It looks good for it's size but any bigger there'll be parts that look really weird.

When it comes down too it...you have to be OVERLY gentle with the CM's and to me....that sucks. I want a "collectible" with some durabilty....at least more than the CM will give me.

:ph34r:

Can you put the MH into any kind of dynamic pose where it doesn't need a support?

Side by side(thanks for the pics!), the MH has much better colors, and the CM colors look cheap in comparison. I wish the wheels were bigger on the MH so the bike didn't look so small, but that'd probably introduce even more balance issues.

After seeing pics of the wheels being the same size on the MH it really shows how the bike mode suffers to make the armor mode look better.

If they are going to make it a swapping parts toy, just include two sets of wheels I say.

CMs need to release a bigger toy at the same price. I want PT but with detail like the MH. I don't like the giraffe neck of the MH figures. That stands out a lot but I do admire the faces.

And about the legioss.....are there any other companies willing to take on CMs besides toynami out there?? hello?? *SMASHES ON WOOD*

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

After seeing pics of the wheels being the same size on the MH it really shows how the bike mode suffers to make the armor mode look better.

If they are going to make it a swapping parts toy, just include two sets of wheels I say.

It does seem that the wheels are close to being the same size...but the MH's wheels are slightly bigger I think. I agree the bike mode does suffer...but as soon as the Yellow comes out from MH the wheels will be the size everyone wants them to be. I hope.

The 2 sets of wheels would be a nice touch. Actually I think it would be better if they sold an extra set of larger wheels or just gave a set to those who want one. I like the second idea better. :D

:ph34r:

Can you put the MH into any kind of dynamic pose where it doesn't need a support?

Side by side(thanks for the pics!), the MH has much better colors, and the CM colors look cheap in comparison. I wish the wheels were bigger on the MH so the bike didn't look so small, but that'd probably introduce even more balance issues.

I was fiddling around with the MH last night. Mine can juuuust about stand on its own but it either has to have the legs going back at a 45 degree angle or have the figure leaning forward quite a bit in some sort of action pose.

I'm hoping that the Yellow will be a different story.

I dont think its possible to make a really poseable ride armor and have it stand on its own. It's so top heavy that most poses are going to be unstable. I don't think balance is a good standard for grading.

I dont think its possible to make a really poseable ride armor and have it stand on its own. It's so top heavy that most poses are going to be unstable. I don't think balance is a good standard for grading.

Actually, for those of you who buy the MH, I tightened the joints in my MH's torso and that greatly added to its ability to stand on its own. It seems that the torso ball-joints are a little loose so it naturally tweaks backwards when you try to stand it. After tightening it it is able to stand a little better on its own, but still in slight action poses.

And btw, for those of you who want it to, I realised that you can slide the front fork into the back of the armour. It looks odd but it is neatly tucked away and you can't even notice it all that much. From the front, it's well hidden.

Edited by Alex

slight action poses... that's what I mean. Like the Gakken could stand on its own because it wasn't so poseable. But of course if I'm wrong I'm not gonna complain... why not have the best of both worlds?

Hey Alex how about some pics of it in poses? Based on your review I'm gonna end up getting these.

slight action poses... that's what I mean. Like the Gakken could stand on its own because it wasn't so poseable. But of course if I'm wrong I'm not gonna complain... why not have the best of both worlds?

Hey Alex how about some pics of it in poses? Based on your review I'm gonna end up getting these.

It'll have to be tomorrow night (it's like 4pm here now) coz my camera died on me. That's why I could only get up a few photos last time.

And btw....word to anyone who's in Tokyo looking for CMs. I went out last night to get one and the prices have leapt from 6300 yen to around 11,000. WTH.

The CMs comes really close to standing on its own while having a fair amount of poseability. If the toy was at a larger scale I think they could have pulled it off. Really tight joints, a fair amount of heft in the rider figure, and a very light bike ought to make it come together. If memory serves, someone modified a Gakken once to be ultra tight.

I'm actually a bit confused about the whole perfect transformation of the CMs. What pieces have to be totally taken off and then replaced in the final armor. Where do the front struts go?

Stick and Rei are back in stock at HLJ ^_^

Or more correctly, they were. The Stick is back to "discontinued" this morning. However the Rei is showing as "low stock" and they are curently processing my order so hopefully I should get at least that one. May have to wait for the possible Toynami release of the Stick at this rate. Or go "not to scale" and pick up the CMS one.

Karl