Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

23 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

I got to see it in person. I'll be honest, it looks smaller than I imagined. I'm not talking g about it in actual scale, I just imagined it being quite large.

That said, it does look very nice. It looks like some of the colored parts were casted in that color, not painted. My photos probably suck, but here's a couple...

20230212_105936.jpg.22b62379b0c8bdfdd3f0e1a634886758.jpg

20230212_105940.jpg.bb181ca7f7dd9cbc090787f9568dd4b7.jpg

20230212_105944.jpg.264def0c3712ef965cf9f9660c4f9f82.jpg

Awesome! It will be interesting to see next to a VF-1. Thanks very much @Jasonc for sharing 👍🏼

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

What happened to the darker colored version they showed before?  That made it so much less gaudy.. even if it was less accurate. :huh: 

Maybe it has something to do with the lighting and setup? Maybe the dark colored prototype we saw is probably the same as the light colored one from the convention? Look how dark the Strike Packs are on the VF-1 from the same dark colored VF-5000 photo.

image.jpeg.e09b6aceab9239c624162f50260c835e.jpeg

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Maybe it has something to do with the lighting and setup? Maybe the dark colored prototype we saw is probably the same as the light colored one from the convention? Look how dark the Strike Packs are on the VF-1 from the same dark colored VF-5000 photo.

image.jpeg.e09b6aceab9239c624162f50260c835e.jpeg

It should looks pretty close to this.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I would think it would be between the VF-1 and VF-4 prices.  Or I hope, anyway.

I'll guess Y26000-Y28000.

If stores like Amiami is still going to give us big preorder discounts, then that would be the right range.

When the 1/60 VF-4A came out last 2021, the MSRP was Y32780. PO price was Y29100. I'm using the VF-4A since that's the last VF-4 got released. VF-4G on the other hand, released back in 2016, the MSRP was Y29700. And the PO price was Y27120.

If they can lower it more, I'll probably bite. ;) 

Arcadia's recent Ameblo post: https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12789279928.html

As per Arcadia's post, the 'Production Type' version of VF-5000G (image below) displayed during the WonderFest 2023 Winter is still undecided whether it's going to get released or not.

As for the 'Captain Type' version, they're aiming for next year release (2024?). After their 1/24 Hargun.

image.jpeg.8058c98c626c130e451d6eeb31516c93.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

26 minutes ago, twich said:

I seem to remember there were different heads on the one seat VF-5000 and the 2 seat version, but not different heads between one seat versions. Do we see this in the animation?

Twich

Based on Macross Mecha Manual, the debut appearance is Macross Dynamite 7 Episode 1 for the Captain’s head. The other one is Episode 2. The videos below featured some scenes of various VF-5000 from the Dynamite series.

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on Macross Mecha Manual, the debut appearance is Macross Dynamite 7 Episode 1 for the Captain’s head. The other one is Episode 2. The videos below featured some scenes of various VF-5000 from the Dynamite series.

Thank you for linking those, I guess that I never noticed the different one seat heads, just that the VF-5000G-T had a different head with 2 head lasers.

Twich

1 hour ago, twich said:

Thank you for linking those, I guess that I never noticed the different one seat heads, just that the VF-5000G-T had a different head with 2 head lasers.

Twich

You're welcome! :drinks:

I only wish that they will also do the VF-5000B variant. I'm still undecided with these color model. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome! :drinks:

I only wish that they will also do the VF-5000B variant. I'm still undecided with these color model. :rolleyes:

The best I got from Mr K was he agreed the B variant looked good.  I assume that's going to revolve around sales numbers for this one.  Maybe.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:35 AM, frankell05 said:

I think this would sell better with the vf-5000b paint scheme. this green yellow is pretty awful.

QFT. Kawamori's a phenomenal artist, but sometimes his color choices leave somewhat to be desired. I'm also holding out for the B variant, so I hope this gaudy teal & yellow version sells like hotcakes, if they indeed release it. I hope they do; we need more Macross valk variety on the shelf. The VF-1 and YF-19 are great, but there are yet a number of designs that need toy treatment, and this is definitely one of the nicest ones.

2 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

QFT. Kawamori's a phenomenal artist, but sometimes his color choices leave somewhat to be desired. I'm also holding out for the B variant, so I hope this gaudy teal & yellow version sells like hotcakes, if they indeed release it. I hope they do; we need more Macross valk variety on the shelf. The VF-1 and YF-19 are great, but there are yet a number of designs that need toy treatment, and this is definitely one of the nicest ones.

I'm not going to say you need to buy it for this option, but this reasoning is the exact reason why, if this gets made, will be the only one. People relying on others to hopefully make this happen is probably in a number of minds. That said, I do hope they make other variants, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

4 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Like it or not, this scheme appeared in a Macross 7 production.  Outside of all of our tastes I'm almost entirely certain anybody who is a fan in Japan is going to want one of these flying around their 19P's like in Dynamite versus the lower visibility schemes you and I like from less popular video games.

40 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Still no sound pod attachments?  

This does not bother me.  Their solution to that attachment on the 19P was a horrible looking hole in the shoulders.  If they aren't going to come up with a swappable upper shoulder part or magnets I don't want it.

9 hours ago, Axelay said:

I am well into the minority, but I absolutely LOVE this color scheme. I've wanted this exact Star Mirage since I first saw it all the way back in college.

Me too. Not that I've been wanting it since college, but I just really like bright colors, even on planes. I'm still waiting for Aisha Blanchette's pink VF-19E.

14 hours ago, snakerbot said:

Me too. Not that I've been wanting it since college, but I just really like bright colors, even on planes. I'm still waiting for Aisha Blanchette's pink VF-19E.

I think I'm in agreement. I've seen other variant color schemes in the past, but whenever I think of the VF-5000, this is the first color scheme that comes to mind. For that, I have zero complains.

• 1 month later...