ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

4 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

so it’s basically 1/60 scale isn’t it?

Almost🤕

And that's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger.  These are barely a head shorter than Yamarcadia's 1:60 VF-1s, and barely a head taller than KitzConcept's 1:72 VF-1s...

Just awkwardly-scaled enough to need a shelf of their own, and just awkwardly-scaled enough to be incompatible with everything except Hot Wheels cars. 😐

31 minutes ago, tekering said:

Almost. These are barely a head shorter than Yamarcadia's 1:60 VF-1s, and barely a head taller than KitzConcept's 1:72 VF-1s.... 

I think I see what you mean (from anymoon.com)

IMG_2371.jpeg.b5edffd0e4e0e05c65a4cb2bd9b36a26.jpeg

Edited by sjoebarry

41 minutes ago, twich said:

Don’t know why, put I am really excited about ThreeZero’s VF-1. Can’t wait to start seeing these out in the wild.

Twich

I need to see one close before I'll buy one. Gonna be the same with Unix Square when they come.

7 hours ago, twich said:

Don’t know why, put I am really excited about ThreeZero’s VF-1. Can’t wait to start seeing these out in the wild.

Twich

The reason why I'm interested in these is because they potentially represent the "1/60-ish" evolution of the Yamato mold, that never got released, instead, we got Bandai'd with a DX VF-1 that doesn't come close to being in-scale with the rest of my "1/60" VF collection...crossing my fingers that the Three-Zero delivers...

So...its bigger than KC's 1/72 so can't play with them, and smaller than yamato/arcadia's 1/60?  Guess it goes by itself or maybe its close enough so if they are in different modes (say battroid for 3zero and fighter for yamato) they can play?  haha.  i think we (a lot us) have a sickness.  we need this design in every transformable version (i do the same thing with my TFs, like ...how many different optimus primes are enough....the answer is there is never enough!).   I'm at least curious enough to give it a go on at least one. haha.  this one to be honest looks pretty good even if the proportions are bulkier (similar to KC's giant thick intakes in some ways but not others).  seems to prioritize battroid (batttleloid or whtaver R calls it) at expense of others.   anyway bring it on.  although i love the bandai dx...the yamato/arcadia are my favorite line of Vf-1(for a variety of reasons).  can 3zero displace a 15 year old toy?

btw i also think people may be underestimating how big a difference .7cm is at this size.  if the yamato is a 6 feet tall person, the 3zero will only be 5' 9.5" person.  we all know meeting a 6 footer in person feels pretty different than meeting someone who is 5' 9.5".

Edited by Mechapilot77

Arcadia seems to be out of the VF-1 game for good...it has been out for a long while and more or less bowed out with a 1/60 that has remained at the top to this day....

I like the DX, but prefer a VF-1 that will be as close to in-scale with the rest of my Yamatos, Arcadia, and Bandais (and Evolution Toys?)....ever since Yamato introduced the 1/60 VF-1....it has been THE UNOFFICIAL MACROSS TOY SCALE for a majority of collectors of PT Macross VFs....many of us are fully invested in this scale, so naturally, if Three-Zero "plays and looks" good amongst the rest of the 1/60 VFs....then it deserves to become the newest and best 1/60....even if, like Macross HMRs, it is sold as unscaled....and unfortunately due to the HG licensing, even if it is just SDFM TV versions....

Hoping Three-Zero can pull off a win....

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

they are pulling a Bandai with the numbering 😛

image.png.8cd331e64e82dca5d90d6ccaf49fded0.png

So I am curious about this “floating” VF-1…..Is it just a thin plastic shell with magnets in the bottom to create the repelling effect from the base? Seems an interesting desk ornament.

Twich

10 minutes ago, twich said:

So I am curious about this “floating” VF-1…..Is it just a thin plastic shell with magnets in the bottom to create the repelling effect from the base? Seems an interesting desk ornament.

Twich

Hopefully something odd doesn’t happen and the magnets end up launching it to the floor. But it is a cool idea all joking aside.

36 minutes ago, Big s said:

Hopefully something odd doesn’t happen and the magnets end up launching it to the floor. But it is a cool idea all joking aside.

Yeah, there's a thin but important line between magnetic levitation and magnetic catapults.

Do the heads appear a little bit too big to anyone else?  I think that might be my biggest nagging thought about these.  I really hope they continue and make resgults and glaugs too.  We never got those in yanato 1/60 and if these guys are somewhat "close enough" so will any enemy mecha be too.   Sadly HMR is th only "scale" where we have had decent enemy mecha toys (one of my main motivations to by any of those).  It's to be determined how good KC's regults will be.  I have a feeling 3zero vf-1s are about to eat KC's lunch at such a similar scale and better pricing.  if I were kc I might have some more "shocking price" sales.  I surely wouldn't want to be a retailer holding much KC vf-1inventory at this moment.   

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Do the heads appear a little bit too big to anyone else? 

No, I think you have seen too many transforming vf-1 toys. Most have smaller heads to fit in through the chest in transformation. 

736B1833-5E77-4A8B-B642-657EB9E0E30D.jpeg

69BBA109-440E-4CF6-9BB0-1389F1930505.jpeg

Edited by Big s

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Do the heads appear a little bit too big to anyone else?  I think that might be my biggest nagging thought about these.  I really hope they continue and make resgults and glaugs too.  We never got those in yanato 1/60 and if these guys are somewhat "close enough" so will any enemy mecha be too.   Sadly HMR is th only "scale" where we have had decent enemy mecha toys (one of my main motivations to by any of those).  It's to be determined how good KC's regults will be.  I have a feeling 3zero vf-1s are about to eat KC's lunch at such a similar scale and better pricing.  if I were kc I might have some more "shocking price" sales.  I surely wouldn't want to be a retailer holding much KC vf-1inventory at this moment.   

KC needs to release their VF-1D before TZ beats them to it....

I wonder how aggressive TZ will be with their VF-1 release schedule?

If I were a betting man, I would think ThreeZero would be much more metered in their approach. The most aggressive I would imagine them being is one per quarter but I suspect it will be one every six months to nine months. I wonder if they'll hold out on the 1S and wait to get through the 1J repaints first.

I won't really see it as replacing Yamcadia's 1/60, simply because the more I look at the Battloid sculpt, the more I feel that its proportions veer towards human-like rather than typical Jap robot proportions. Disregarding the old line-art, its legs look a bit shorter and head is a bit larger than the Yamcadia or Bandai DX. We see the same thing for Threezero's recent Voltron vs Bandai's SOC Voltron. Why this feels 'human-like' is that the overall proportions look like a Hot Toy Iron Man instead of say, a Sentinel Re:Edit Iron Man.

10 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Do the heads appear a little bit too big to anyone else?  I think that might be my biggest nagging thought about these.

They are not accurate.

With respect, @Big s, you're wrong here. They are misshapen, and even compared to the line art you post. You can argue TZ had to deform them as much as they have to remain as large as possible while still being able to pass through during transformation, but that's a worse crime than keeping the head small but overall accurate to pass through.

Want the big head? They should give it as an extra like a set of large hands. No one will mind that, and I'd love to see it, but not this.

Edited by Radioguy

2 hours ago, Radioguy said:

They are not accurate.

With respect, @Big s, you're wrong here. They are misshapen, and even compared to the line art you post. You can argue TZ had to deform them as much as they have to remain as large as possible while still being able to pass through during transformation, but that's a worse crime than keeping the head small but overall accurate to pass through.

Want the big head? They should give it as an extra like a set of large hands. No one will mind that, and I'd love to see it, but not this.

I’m not trying to say that it’s a perfect face, just that it’s not too small