Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

The scans confirms Fast Pack is included. Nothing about fold booster though.

The guns that are to be plugged into the FP are separate, thinner (although barely from the pics) partsforming items. 

Edited by MKT

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

Landing gear looks odd. The front gear has a hinge in the strut but looks like it stows perfectly straight, so what’s it for?

Main gear too, pics say it rotates 90 degrees but it seems to stow in the same orientation as when it’s extended. Why?

EDIT: seems the main gear rotates 180 to extend. Wow. That’s… a choice. 

Seems like the same front-gear desgin/mechanism as their DX YF-19.

Yeeeeeah.. uh.. that 180 gear is definitely a peak-Bandai feature.

The reason gear rotate in the first place is to turn flat and fit into the wing.. but apparently they made the bay so narrow they didn't have room that direction either?  :blink: 

I will be really interested in seeing just how much space is saved by using the fake gunpods though.  They look exactly the same size.  Maybe the snaps on the normal ones are too strong, and they wanted to avoid people breaking the mechanisms to open them when pulling them out?

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, Sildani said:

Landing gear looks odd. The front gear has a hinge in the strut but looks like it stows perfectly straight, so what’s it for?

Main gear too, pics say it rotates 90 degrees but it seems to stow in the same orientation as when it’s extended. Why?

EDIT: seems the main gear rotates 180 to extend. Wow. That’s… a choice. 

I think it is a clearance issue on the nose gear. Not enough space for a pick tool and certainly not for sausage fingered people...otherwise. it seems promising...was just thinking...how much clearance the main gear has to the ground with FAST packs?

Thanks for the better pics @MKT as my post went into the Matrix.

Curious to see how this actually goes head to head with the Yammie in person when it officially releases in the summer of next year. Anyone want to guess the MRSP wen it goes up for pre-orders in a few months (or maybe sooner)?     

3 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

They're recent lottery scheme disagrees. If they want more money, then stop the limited exclusivity and just mass release it. 

my conspiracy theory is that they are grooming the masses to accept scalpers and it has worked very well. just look at gunpla. even the mass produced ones are scalped, and people willingly pay. they started out with pbandai stuff, and now they are big enough to cause global gunpla shortage. bandai 's mandate of region blocking jp retailers from selling gunpla globally in the name of stopping scalpers from restocking, only serves to open up the scalper market where there isnt official distro, or distro to retail chain is already the scalpers

this serves bandai no benefit, at the cost of customer ire, unless... lets say they own all of the distro to storefront chain, like how they bought out bluefin, and it goes all the way to joe shmo of ebay

anyway, someone hand me my foil hat 🤪

Everything is done for sex and/or money. If you can't bring your conspiracy back to the perpetrator getting one of those two things, it's probably not a good conspiracy. 

In these cases, I think it's more about spending and spending commitments. A lot of companies went under in 2008/2009 and the survivors mostly pivoted to a strategy of "better to err on the side of excess demand" along with "build less, charge more." There are probably accounting thumbprints up and down the strategy: smaller production runs = smaller up front costs, less forward commitments, more adaptability, less leverage, and the increased prices have offset the loss of savings that come from bigger production runs. 

from what i google translate...

1) unlock button to jettison the legs..

2) for the shoulder and arm, the die-cast metal connecting parts are unplugged separately from the frame parts which i think will be plastic.....thats one connection that would be a potential long term break if not handled/pulled out of the slot, properly...

3) delimited mode the panels will be painted grey... 

4) fake gunpods included since a true transforming gunpod, height-wise, would require a larger wheelbase cavity which would eat into overall fuselage slimness... 

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Everything is done for sex and/or money. If you can't bring your conspiracy back to the perpetrator getting one of those two things, it's probably not a good conspiracy. 

In these cases, I think it's more about spending and spending commitments. A lot of companies went under in 2008/2009 and the survivors mostly pivoted to a strategy of "better to err on the side of excess demand" along with "build less, charge more." There are probably accounting thumbprints up and down the strategy: smaller production runs = smaller up front costs, less forward commitments, more adaptability, less leverage, and the increased prices have offset the loss of savings that come from bigger production runs. 

but the whole conspiracy involves them becoming the entirety of the scalping scene themselves and absorbing all of the middlemen. thats literally peak money. blocking domestic retailers to foreigner sales literally doesnt alter their production commitments. it just gives their official channels more tabs to keep on the flow of goods, on top of empowering domestic based scalpers, while starving their local retailers out of business. the only way this circles back to a profiting scheme is if all the jp scalpers are literally their own staff undercover as independent sellers and mainstream distro are their competition. but thats absurd, which is why its just a funni conspiracy theory. we all know its just the usual and bandai execs just has their heads in their bum

just look at the gundam metaverse as the prime example.

we also know they are spooling up the new factory beside the old one. they really arent playing the smallproduction game. some pbandai items even have obvious long production runs, you can tell by consecutive monts of order batches, and then frequent rereleases. if they were really into risk reduction with tiny batches, they would first be making kits and toys of existing designs with massive fan demand, rather than causing incomplete product lines while churning out unwanted new media or ip and then shutting them down early like clockwork

if my party hat gets taken, i'll have to be another grump on the doubt wagon grumbling about whether bandai has the ability to plan a satisfactory product like everyone else here lol

8 minutes ago, PointBlankSniper said:

but the whole conspiracy involves them becoming the entirety of the scalping scene themselves and absorbing all of the middlemen. thats literally peak money. blocking domestic retailers to foreigner sales literally doesnt alter their production commitments. it just gives their official channels more tabs to keep on the flow of goods, on top of empowering domestic based scalpers, while starving their local retailers out of business. the only way this circles back to a profiting scheme is if all the jp scalpers are literally their own staff undercover as independent sellers and mainstream distro are their competition. but thats absurd, which is why its just a funni conspiracy theory. we all know its just the usual and bandai execs just has their heads in their bum

just look at the gundam metaverse as the prime example.

we also know they are spooling up the new factory beside the old one. they really arent playing the smallproduction game. some pbandai items even have obvious long production runs, you can tell by consecutive monts of order batches, and then frequent rereleases. if they were really into risk reduction with tiny batches, they would first be making kits and toys of existing designs with massive fan demand, rather than causing incomplete product lines while churning out unwanted new media or ip and then shutting them down early like clockwork

if my party hat gets taken, i'll have to be another grump on the doubt wagon grumbling about whether bandai has the ability to plan a satisfactory product like everyone else here lol

Bandai already has the sex and the money, easy. My theory is they're really into trolling collectors... esp. the obsessive, nitpicky ones. 🤣 

9 hours ago, jenius said:

I think there might be an "intentional scarcity" aspect to this as well, where limited releases are exactly the point: they're here for a moment, then they're gone. I've seen a few articles on the topic over the past few years, which seem to focus on the idea of valuable things being ephemeral and hard to obtain on purpose, so they will be cherished over time. It's an interesting idea, that scarcity is accepted and perhaps expected in this context.

There's also the cold, hard financial side of it, where limited supply boosts overall demand and profits while minimizing risk, which you highlighted so nicely. A quick search turned up this article:

Another sales driver is limited releases of mostly small collectibles that target fandom collectors. From figurines sold through capsule toy vending machines (gacha) to character models with limited stocks, collectibles are boosting the demand in the adult population with dedicated fans, so-called otaku, being the core customer base.

https://www.statista.com/topics/8446/toy-market-in-japan/#topicOverview  

To be honest, I haven’t had any problems finding Bandai items. They get a markup stateside, but that’s not the same as a scalper situation. I think the real problem is the markup that I mentioned. It’s a bit higher than it should be depending more on how much the item costs rather than weight or size. An hg kit seems to only be a couple bucks higher, while an hmr in a similar sized box might be twenty or so higher.

21 minutes ago, Big s said:

To be honest, I haven’t had any problems finding Bandai items. They get a markup stateside, but that’s not the same as a scalper situation. I think the real problem is the markup that I mentioned. It’s a bit higher than it should be depending more on how much the item costs rather than weight or size. An hg kit seems to only be a couple bucks higher, while an hmr in a similar sized box might be twenty or so higher.

I’m not an expert on buying Bandai Macross stuff at all. I come from the land of Transformers where it’s super easy to buy Takara Masterpiece figures at 30% off retail price from Japanese retailers. That’s the norm, not the exception. 

I only started collecting DX Macross figures a few years ago and haven’t had any luck with preorder madness so I’ve been buying DX VF-1 figures for a pretty high markup even from Japanese retailers. I’m not used to that so it really sucks for my wallet. With the World Wide Macross thing I was expecting much better prices from stores outside of Japan for eligible items but the markup has been very high. Here in Canada Ages Three And Up are charging around $400 Canadian for DX figures that should be around $250 Canadian. I get shipping costs and the store needing to make some money, but that seems really high. So for this release I’ll be trying again on preorder madness night to try and get one closer to retail but I’m fully expecting to pay over $400 again. 

On 11/25/2023 at 1:23 AM, Froy said:

That little fat man is almost rubbing his belly on the floor. Lol.

Terrible clearance with the packs equiped.

Good I want this one mainly for Battroid mode

I’m reminded of your penguin pic again :rofl:

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

The DX articles are from Hobby Japan. I suspect in a couple weeks we'll see this new updated posted too.

https://hjweb.jp/article/tag/title_19/

oh i had remembered previously figure king issues featured macross so that came to mind.

but now you mentioned it the fonts for the steps (circled) look the same as HJweb.

On the web looking at hints of the HJ january 2024 issue though, there is specific gundam kits, kamen rider etc..no macross...
unless its in the february issue...?

cos i want to catch the HMR 0A as well as it seems the 0A has a presentation spread too...

Edited by seti88

And now the web version for easier reading using web translators:

https://hjweb.jp/article/1249653/

HJ_2401_186-189_19.jpg.fce7e97910639fe88e91b743a945ae4c.jpg

Something that wasn't so apparent earlier are the barrier punch effect parts. As per article link, the colored ones on the left comes with the reissue YF-19, whilst the egg whites-only on the right are included with the YF-21. The YF-21 ones should eventually be colored to look like the boiled eggs of YF-19's.

Edited by MKT

Thanks for posting the link-now I can clearly see just how the arms detach. Such a crazy option they need to include to be accurate to the anime.

So in 10 years will we see these on the collectors market as 'Loose YF-21/2024 release, missing right arm'  😛

image.png.1c01676bfc9a223eba63540b49bd9c61.png

7 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Thanks for posting the link-now I can clearly see just how the arms detach. Such a crazy option they need to include to be accurate to the anime.

So in 10 years will we see these on the collectors market as 'Loose YF-21/2024 release, missing right arm'  😛

image.png.1c01676bfc9a223eba63540b49bd9c61.png

Wait-Whaaaaaaat?!

WHY??