Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Obviously the customs guy opened it up and swooshed it around a bit before putting it back. :D

Lol they better have not! Actually the box looked unopened, that's the one I will obviously opening up. It's nothing major though and now that I think about it both will be opened especially with the armor coming out.

Had a few minutes earlier to take it out of the box and transform it. Over all seems great. Joints are on the side of too tight. My left ankle feels so tight I am afraid of stressing the plastic to get it to rotate. I did have a piece fall off during transformation. It is the white plastic piece directly behind the canopy. The heat shield tab popped that piece off going to battroid. Hips seem ok. The only change I can make out is that the metal hip socket looks like bare metal. It isn't coated in the dark gray paint that the ones on my vf-0a had. Right hip was harder to extend than the left, but they both extended without anything popping off.

tFLsPuEh.jpg

omGl1UAh.jpg

dfUP5qch.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Had a few minutes earlier to take it out of the box and transform it. Over all seems great. Joints are on the side of too tight. My left ankle feels so tight I am afraid of stressing the plastic to get it to rotate. I did have a piece fall off during transformation. It is the white plastic piece directly behind the canopy. The heat shield tab popped that piece off going to battroid. Hips seem ok. The only change I can make out is that the metal hip socket looks like bare metal. It isn't coated in the dark gray paint that the ones on my vf-0a had. Right hip was harder to extend than the left, but they both extended without anything popping off.

tFLsPuEh.jpg

This is a great photo b'cos I really like the transition from fighter to gerwalk to battroid across the three different Zero variants! Works very well! Might have to use this very same idea when I do some display re-shuffling! B))

Just yank real hard on them... what's the worse that could happen...

:D

what could possibly go wrong!?!? hehehe! :D

Just yank real hard on them... what's the worse that could happen...

:D

I think their "solution" to the hip problems was to keep the metal hip socket uncoated. You see this a lot in chroming on figures. The layer of chrome isn't take into account for tolerances. That extra layer of paint could be what is keeping the metal hip socket from tightening down enough to close the gap around the hip ball. Can anyone else take a look at where the swing bar enters the leg? Is your hip socket also bare metal? Edited by ChaoticYeti

I think their "solution" to the hip problems was to keep the metal hip socket uncoated. You see this a lot in chroming on figures. The layer of chrome isn't take into account for tolerances. That extra layer of paint could be what is keeping the metal hip socket from tightening down enough to close the gap around the hip ball. Can anyone else take a look at where the swing bar enters the leg? Is your hip socket also bare metal?

You'd think they would have figured this one out after they had to do, literally, the exact same thing for the VF-19 ankles. :rolleyes:

Cool to know that the quality seems to have indeed improved and that they had made some actual changes to the hip sockets.Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, I will have to wait until early Feb to get my 0S because 2 of the items I had grouped it along with the shipment got delayed the day AFTER I made the invoice payment. If only that notice had arrived a day sooner, I could've split the pre-order before paying :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

just back from a long trip. Happy New Years and wow! look at these things. They're amazing! i may have to get one if the legs are rock solid.

Just noticed a factory error on my copy where they accidentally tampo printed the leg attachments! :blink:

20160101_081443_zpsvtuzhbzc.jpg

J/K It's just some preliminary detailing. This is easily my favorite Arcadia release so far and it's motivated me to stop slacking and get back to work detailing my valks. :)