Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Anyone going to attempt to panel line and sticker up this bird? I'm REALLY trying NOT to want to buy this, and I'm wondering if the panel lines are too shallow to take a wash (The Arcadia YF-19 was horribly painful)

I am but I prefer to draw all the lines in by hand, and only use washes for certain details. The lines are about the same in depth as the VF-1.

Anyone going to attempt to panel line and sticker up this bird? I'm REALLY trying NOT to want to buy this, and I'm wondering if the panel lines are too shallow to take a wash (The Arcadia YF-19 was horribly painful)

I panel lined my Arcadia YF-19 too. It was indeed painful. Don't know about this one.....

Probably will have at it some time in the future after drinking too much scotch as has been the case in the past.

Robban75 already posted his VF-0S a few pages back with stickers applied.

Hi everyone! Got my VF-0S a few days ago and thought I'd share some pics. Added some stickers to it. Very sturdy, very heavy! :)

vf-0s-02-1-small_zpsr52qkrko.jpg

vf-0s-03-1-small_zpsaxa416rp.jpg

Thanks guys. Derex, did you have to do anything to the Flory wash before applying like heating it up? Dunno if it's because of the matte finish but some of the wash remained stained on some of the non paneled areas. It's my first time trying a wash so I just put some on the lines and let it sit for awhile then wiped of the excess with a qtip.

I blame ALL OF YOU for convincing me to order this tonight. I am weak and no self control....or money now..LOL.

tumblr_inline_n04pnju70O1ssbkkq.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

I blame ALL OF YOU for convincing me to order this tonight. I am weak and no self control....or money now..LOL.

But at least you know in your heart of hearts you did the right thing!

Thanks guys. Derex, did you have to do anything to the Flory wash before applying like heating it up? Dunno if it's because of the matte finish but some of the wash remained stained on some of the non paneled areas. It's my first time trying a wash so I just put some on the lines and let it sit for awhile then wiped of the excess with a qtip.

It's definitely tricky with the matte finish Valks if you want crisp lines and no weathered stain look on some of the panels. I don't warm it..never heard of doing that, but now I'm kinda curious actually. I just use a very small brush and try to keep the wash in the panel line as much as possible. I find myself just licking my finger and or a paper towel to rub off the excess after it dries...but the timing is tricky. I'll post pics when I inevitably do mine once it arrives and I swoosh it around and play..err test it out for a few days!

Edited by derex3592

But at least you know in your heart of hearts you did the right thing!

Amen to that! :rolleyes:

It's definitely tricky with the matte finish Valks if you want crisp lines and no weathered stain look on some of the panels. I don't warm it..never heard of doing that, but now I'm kinda curious actually. I just use a very small brush and try to keep the wash in the panel line as much as possible. I find myself just licking my finger and or a paper towel to rub off the excess after it dries...but the timing is tricky. I'll post pics when I inevitably do mine once it arrives and I swoosh it around and play..err test it out for a few days!

True. I have a fine brush for using panel wash. But the one thing I hate using fine brush is that you can't put too much paint in it since it will just create smudges or big drops in the panel lines. And putting a small amount of paint also will give you short capillary effect.

Usually on my gundam kits if the panel line is too shallow i lightly run a panel line scriber over the panel line to deepen it a little.

What kind of panel line scriber works best on Arcadia valks, Anubis? Can you give me some links to it. Thanks! ;)

I take it that most folks are buying from HLJ.

Yup. ;) Though mine is still in their private warehouse waiting for the ET's VF-2SS. :rolleyes:

Speaking the head, I really love how the visor is now totally recessed in fighter mode. My sample was perfect, no QC problems at all on the valk, the only problem I had was with 2 of the missile pylons, the tip that clips into the wing not the hardpoint on the wing. These seem bent or maybe they're just badly molded so I'll have to straighten them up in order to fit. No big deal though since I'm planning to display the 0S in battroid with the armor on.

The difference with the original release from Yamato may not be visible to most people outside our hobby but I love all the little added details (holes in the 0S's head lasers) and of course the quality feel of this toy.

that's a really nice shot eh! :)

All we need now is the CF VF-0A..

oh and VF-0B and C variants! :p:D

yes please! I wonder what we have to do to knock some sense into arcadia...i would thk even the JP collectors want them!

It would be a no brainer just to swap cockpits around and repaint them...i would do it too but only my repainting skills are zero.... :p

on that note i wonder if there is a guide how to remove the cockpits from the zero valks?? I dare not try...

What happened to that 0S's yellow shoulder piece? :o

what yellow shoulder piece? The yellow line above the intakes? Its always been there...

just love this pic in the blog link above!

M0 valks with wings folded and the closeness of the vf0a colors to the vf4... :wub::wub:

kawamori-san arigato for the years of design!

Oh yes they are, Seti. Yes they are. :wub:

post-5552-0-60768400-1441346167_thumb.jpg