Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Thank for the pic! It looks like the decals are close enough in size that I think it'll pass scrutiny for all but the most picky eyes.

I took mine from a VF-1 kit. It was only slightly smaller than the Arcadia sticker so I went with it. But now I'm going to order some VF-0 kits! What's another $18.50 indeed! :D

Heat shield scratched the sides of the canopy

Oh damn that happened to me too. Figured I was just being too careless. That sucks. I was able to almost completely buff mine out with some Tamiya polishing compound.

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, i'm finally done and totally got rid of the deep scratch on my 0a canopy. it took 2 and a 1/2 football games. (munching on snacks too.)

post-14069-0-97239000-1451884154_thumb.jpeg

post-14069-0-27777400-1451884230_thumb.jpeg

post-14069-0-05560000-1451884272_thumb.jpeg

post-14069-0-65036100-1451884333_thumb.jpeg

post-14069-0-15783600-1451884365_thumb.jpeg

post-14069-0-23694500-1451884736_thumb.jpeg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

What did you do to get rid of the scratch?

ok, i just posted photos on the post above.

i didn't use any sandpaper. just household toothpaste and clean white t-shirt corner.

i have meguiars scratch x remover and zymol somewhere in my house which buffs out scratches on high end instruments w/ delicate finishes, used with mircofiber cloth that i use on my 5k guitars. (works on cars too) but i didn't even bother.

toothpaste works fine. the brand that works best on clear plastic is crest complete multi benefit w/ extra whitening. my scratch was really deep but it came out after rubbing mildly for about 5 hours w breaks.

ok, i'm finally done and totally got rid of the deep scratch on my 0a canopy. it took 2 and a 1/2 football games. (munching on snacks too.)

great work David! One of my Zero-D has a slight mark on its canopy but its the one I keep in Baattroid so its not visible but your scratch removal method seems to be very effective! Means I now have an option in order to rectify the issue!

Thanks for posting this up!

ok, i just posted photos on the post above.

i didn't use any sandpaper. just household toothpaste and clean white t-shirt corner.

i have meguiars scratch x remover and zymol somewhere in my house which buffs out scratches on high end instruments w/ delicate finishes, used with mircofiber cloth that i use on my 5k guitars. (works on cars too) but i didn't even bother.

toothpaste works fine. the brand that works best on clear plastic is crest complete multi benefit w/ extra whitening. my scratch was really deep but it came out after rubbing mildly for about 5 hours w breaks.

Wow, very nice! I have scratch X I use it on my car, good to know I can use toothpaste I'll note the brand. Leaves your canopy scratch free, minty fresh and whiter in just 1 week. :lol:

I did the same as Lolicon, I covered the canopy in masking tape. :D

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

great work David! One of my Zero-D has a slight mark on its canopy but its the one I keep in Baattroid so its not visible but your scratch removal method seems to be very effective! Means I now have an option in order to rectify the issue!

Thanks for posting this up!

yeah no additional purchase necessary, you can use basic household items to fix it. just make sure to avoid the paint outlining the canopy

and to apply pressure evenly while buffing by holding the inside with your thumb to counter the pressure as the clear canopy is fragile.

Looks good David. Guess I should go back and finish polishing mine.

I stuck masking tape on my 0S canopy before I transformed it to battroid.

lol, i just take my window off when transforming it after scratching both sides. one side was light and the other side was 2 separate really deep scratches. i thought it was a goner at first.

Wow, very nice! I have scratch X I use it on my car, good to know I can use toothpaste I'll note the brand. Leaves your canopy scratch free, minty fresh and whiter in just 1 week. :lol:

I did the same as Lolicon, I covered the canopy in masking tape. :D

yeah, for some reason scratch x felt too liquidy in the past tries... to buff a deep scatch on such a small surface to maneuver. that crest tooth paste gave me a bit more friction perfect for the small area. i used that crest in the past to buff out a deep scratch on my Accord headlight. (it unclouds and makes it clear and shiny too)

seems like masking tape is not just an anubis20 thing :lol:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

What is causing the heat shield to scratch the canopy and can it be fixed or removed?

Do any of you go about removing those seam lines? What type of plastic does Arcadia use?

Also, if you do end up getting a Hasegawa kit for the decals, I'll take the kit proper off your hands if you want to recoup some of those costs. :)

You can have the kit for free if you just want the rest of the kit with no decals.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey guys, someone was asking on pm about the toothpaste used, here's a pic for reference:

i've used colegate brand before in the past and it works too but it'll take more time.

post-14069-0-78159200-1451925311_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hey guys, someone was asking on pm about the toothpaste used, here's a pic for reference:

i've used colegate brand before in the past and it works too but it'll take more time.

Nice! Does it work like regular rubbing compound?

Edited by no3ljm

Yes Noel I do.. Definitely buy another!! hehehe! :p:D

Hahaha! Not sure this time, sir. I might cancel my VF-4G preorder. I kinda like the new Sideshow 1/6th Wolverine and considering it. And I also like the reissue EX Gokin Jouhmaru. So not sure yet. ;)

it's from the date received. i had stuff in private warehouse for 60 days and still was able to contact them when i received my items, hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, David. Good to know. ;)

Some of my greatest ideas have been when I was in the bathroom. :lol:

24058825011_0d097a763e_h.jpg

23773621099_1cb642896f_h.jpg

Love it as always Saburo! :wub: And yes, good things always came out inside the bathroom. ;)

Well i finally opened mine and its a beauty. Pulled the hips out and no problems on mine. Bring on the armor Arcadia!

F8EE2DE7-3215-467D-AA40-E077DAD02A59.jpg

After what happedned to my 0A im back to taping :D

9A8D6378-CAD0-4714-BE3F-7FDB9BA51473.jpg

Where are the feathers? ;) By the way, do you tape it everything you put it in Battroid or you have two 0S?

I haven't had any issues applying decals to any Yamato/Arcadia valks so far. I always use Mr Mark Setter when applying decals. I'm quite lazy and stingy with materials so I often take shortcuts. :) Like on the VF-1 I did all the panel lining, decaling, and weathering straight onto the bare plastic before applying any clear coating.

20151211_052608_zpsq3jqze1j.jpg

Doing the same with the 0S.

20160103_102941_zpsh0xzmrml.jpg

I'm curious about the size difference between the Hasegawa 0S decals and the Arcadia stickers. If there's only a small difference in size, I might pick up a few Hasegawa kits just to get the decals.

Nice! Airbrushed?

What?! the heat shield scratches the canopy? Does this happen every time to everyone or only limited to the occasional valk? Now i got to go check mine since i got in battroid mode. Jeez arcadia, way to make owning this valk more stressful than it already is.

Now that you mentioned it, I have to check both my 0D and 0A tonight. If that's the case, would it be easier if we put tape under the heat shield instead of the canopy like Anubis did?

I have 2 0S' but one is still unopened. On the VF-0A/S i tape the canopy and the wings when in battroid that scrape against the swing arm.

I see. Though my question was 'everytime', not 'everything'. Sorry about that. ;)

It's hard to decide when there's a lot of good stuff out there that you wanted to buy, but so few on the budget. :wacko:

also these are available

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-1-72-VF-1S-Valkyrie-Water-Decal-for-Bandai-Hasegawa-Models-Yellow-Red-/181610789982?hash=item2a48d8bc5e:g:hO0AAOSwiCRUi-gk

There is also another set but i no longer see it on ebay that was made specifically for 1/60 valks.

I know this is off-topic, but have people bought these before? What are your thoughts? They don't seem to be for any specific scale, and I'm dubious about their quality, but I've been needing a new decal sheet to finish up my 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1 weapon set. (Lost the original sheet way back when.)

I see. Though my question was 'everytime', not 'everything'. Sorry about that. ;)

It's hard to decide when there's a lot of good stuff out there that you wanted to buy, but so few on the budget. :wacko:

Oh :lol: yes i tape everytime i transform into battroid. I use Tamiya tape so i can reuse it ^_^

I know this is off-topic, but have people bought these before? What are your thoughts? They don't seem to be for any specific scale, and I'm dubious about their quality, but I've been needing a new decal sheet to finish up my 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1 weapon set. (Lost the original sheet way back when.)

I've used them, the quality is good enough considering they are white decals. They should work fine if you want to add them to the VF-0. If you are looking for a replacement decal sheet in 1/72 they will be easy to find and after clear and dull coating you won't notice any difference. Edited by Valkyrie addict

Guest davidwhangchoi

What is causing the heat shield to scratch the canopy and can it be fixed or removed?

it's a stupid design but there's metal pins that stick out inside of the heat shield cover that rub against the canopy window if you're not really careful. one side may be more exposed than the other.

I'm curious about the size difference between the Hasegawa 0S decals and the Arcadia stickers. If there's only a small difference in size, I might pick up a few Hasegawa kits just to get the decals.

I have used 0D and 25F water slide decals from hasegawa on my DX 25 and 1/60 VF-1 kit. Hasegawa is definitely smaller but it can be safely used on 1/60 scale and still looks perfect (imo).

edit: at this point, Arcadia can release a web-limited water slide decals for 10 dollars and people will still buy it lol

Edited by chyll2

I have used 0D and 25F water slide decals from hasegawa on my DX 25 and 1/60 VF-1 kit. Hasegawa is definitely smaller but it can be safely used on 1/60 scale and still looks perfect (imo).

edit: at this point, Arcadia can release a web-limited water slide decals for 10 dollars and people will still buy it lol

I would buy decals for every valk that I own if they did that.

I'm going to buy too. But with Arcadia's current price point, I doubt that they will sell it for $10. ;)