Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Yeah, but if you decide on checking it atleast you know that it can be remedied by 'toothpaste'. ;) If I have extra time tonight, I'll try to figure it out if I can push the pin back in so that it will not have any contacts again on the canopy. Or will see if I can just add Tamiya tape in it. Will post pics soon.

yeah might just wait till you come back with the pin idea before checking or doing anything to mine..

so far my 0S has made it to battroid mode iwthout the leg falling off. We'll see if it survives a photo shoot tomorrow night and then a video will be filmed but so far, this I'm much happier with this purchase than the 0A.

Cool. Good to know that it's solid, Jenius. Looking forward to your review. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

so far my 0S has made it to battroid mode iwthout the leg falling off. We'll see if it survives a photo shoot tomorrow night and then a video will be filmed but so far, this I'm much happier with this purchase than the 0A.

awesome to hear

This is very positive indeed! Looking forward to your video review! Has anyone had a leg fall off a Zero-S as yet??

i'm waiting for the rigorous Jenius test.

It's official, there's finally an Arcadia VF-0 that passes my tests! Just did my photo shoot and definitely moved the legs around quite a bit. Not only that, but i used the extension mechanism which is HARD AS HELL to do. You have to yank with the strength of a hundred men (fortunately I'm that strong) to get the extensions to slide out. If the leg didn't pop off then, I'm convinced it won't pop off. My only gripe is that the intakes still don't seat as securely as they should in fighter/GERWALK modes. Otherwise, the paint scheme on the 0S is 1000x better and 1000x more forgiving then the 0A (since the 0A had every scratch proned surface covered in very thin white paint).

Question, has anyone else tried applying the Yamato Ghost to the Arcadia VF-0 in battroid mode? I did it, but I had to cheat because it seems like you can't clamp the back all the way down if the backpack isn't folded over (the metal swing bar has a space conflict with the big flap the comes down off the bottom of the backpack when the backpack is folded). If someone else has done this, can you confirm you had the same issue or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's official, there's finally an Arcadia VF-0 that passes my tests! Just did my photo shoot and definitely moved the legs around quite a bit. Not only that, but i used the extension mechanism which is HARD AS HELL to do. You have to yank with the strength of a hundred men (fortunately I'm that strong) to get the extensions to slide out. If the leg didn't pop off then, I'm convinced it won't pop off. My only gripe is that the intakes still don't seat as securely as they should in fighter/GERWALK modes. Otherwise, the paint scheme on the 0S is 1000x better and 1000x more forgiving then the 0A (since the 0A had every scratch proned surface covered in very thin white paint).

Question, has anyone else tried applying the Yamato Ghost to the Arcadia VF-0 in battroid mode? I did it, but I had to cheat because it seems like you can't clamp the back all the way down if the backpack isn't folded over (the metal swing bar has a space conflict with the big flap the comes down off the bottom of the backpack when the backpack is folded). If someone else has done this, can you confirm you had the same issue or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

thanks Jenius, i trust your reviews for the vf-0 the most.

ok, time to try and order one :)

great that is what i was waiting for to order it. thx a lot for your insights jenius, im looking forward to your full video review!

i think arcadia is breathing a huge sigh of relief now..... OD, 0A, 0S fortunately the third 0 was not a strike three... :lol:

As per the upcoming 0CF, i probably will wait for more variant types...or i wouldnt mind the SV51s now arcadia!!

or also the ghosties... ^_^

Edited by seti88

Third time's the charm right? :)

Hey Jenius. It's so good to know that this release is somehow perfect. Thank you for letting us know your first impression esp the legs. ;)

As for the Ghost Boosters in Battroid mode, yes, I posted some photos before. Not sure if the last photo I have is the one that you're referring to. My metal swing bar is not straight when the Ghost Booster is mounted. Let me know if that's the one. Thanks. :)

Sharing VF-0A love during the labor weekend. :wub: Sorry about the picture quality.

By the way, not sure if I already mentioned this but the missile pods and tanks from the Ghost Booster set is pretty loose since the hard point peg holes from the Arcadia release is bigger. The only thing that really fits from that set is the Ghost itself though you just really need to squeeze the Ghost canards in. Last I checked, there's no stress marks on my Ghost canards. I'm loving the Ghost on the VF-0's. ;)

21238311135_075e05b238_b.jpg

21051472489_e1ca17e621_b.jpg

21227869242_ce975e7739_b.jpg

21212065256_be646e155a_b.jpg

21050398698_a1a7c5048a_b.jpg

21050398838_6b0bb9166e_b.jpg

21246292381_e21f06bf47_b.jpg

20617195163_0c24cb4f47_b.jpg

21238311895_6704359dc4_b.jpg

Note here that the metal bar at the back is not straight and locked towards the body when the Ghost Booster is mounted. And don't try to lock it in, you might damage the backpack.

20617195463_5df8a5c011_b.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Noel, those weapon pods on the wing seem quite secure in battroid mode. Did you do anything to secure them to the pegs? I recall the connections were a bit loose for the old ghost/new 0 combo..

Yup, I just wrapped a small piece of Tamiya Tape on the pod's pegs. :)

aw man, noel, your 0A pictures make me want to grab a ghost booster.

I thought you already had one? But yeah, even though the old Ghost is not perfectly fit on these new VF-0's, I really can say that the VF-0's is not complete without the Ghost Boosters in Fighter mode. ;)

Yes No3l, that last pic was exactly what I was talking about.

I see. I'm really not sure why it's like that. The old VF-0 doesn't have problem on that area during Battroid mode with Ghost, yes? Anyways, will check my old VF-0S with Ghost with this concern tomorrow morning at work. :)

Edited by no3ljm

Only thing with the ghost on the 0A is to watch out for paint scratches on the tail fins when putting it on. I really hate all the painted surfaces on the 0A :angry:

But i agree it looks great, i bought the ghost booster again just to have it on the 0A ^_^ and then i bought another one for the 0S :lol:

Got the same results.

*snip*

Same here.

Looks awesome! Love the color. :wub:

@noel ok so it can be fixed with some tape...will put the old ghost set back on my radar now...

@wmkjr WOAH! nice paint job... :o:o

Yup. Tamiya tape is your best friend when it comes to this toy. ;) But as a reminder though, the Booster Set's Pod's pegs are somehow longer than the slot available on this VF-0 chest mounts. It IS really a bad engineering on Arcadia's part for promoting this one with the 'old' Booster Set. Not knowing that it will just cause problem. Oh well. :unsure:

Only thing with the ghost on the 0A is to watch out for paint scratches on the tail fins when putting it on. I really hate all the painted surfaces on the 0A :angry:

But i agree it looks great, i bought the ghost booster again just to have it on the 0A ^_^ and then i bought another one for the 0S :lol:

I totally agree. VF-0 is not complete without the Ghost Booster. ;) And I'm excited too for their upcoming Armored Parts in the future. :rolleyes:

Yup. Tamiya tape is your best friend when it comes to this toy. ;) But as a reminder though, the Booster Set's Pod's pegs are somehow longer than the slot available on this VF-0 chest mounts. It IS really a bad engineering on Arcadia's part for promoting this one with the 'old' Booster Set. Not knowing that it will just cause problem. Oh well. :unsure:

Well, Mr. K in a tweet said the chest pieces were designed for the armor, the fact that the ghost and its pieces somewhat fit is just a "gimmick" :rolleyes: But yea they shouldnt have shown those initial pics with the ghost.