Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Well, Mr. K in a tweet said the chest pieces were designed for the armor, the fact that the ghost and its pieces somewhat fit is just a "gimmick" :rolleyes: But yea they shouldnt have shown those initial pics with the ghost.

That's true. But the thing is, the pegs are already there. I mean, they could just use the existing peg sizes for the old Yamato Ghost Boosters and go from there. Then the only problem we have is the squeezing of the Ghost canards and not the pegs of the pods, right? Then they should have work around with that size too and implement it on the VF-0 and the upcoming Reactive Armor. :rolleyes: Oh well... it's already out there so all we got to do is adjust the pegs. Hehehe. :lol:

noel did you get the scratch out?

Hey David. Not yet sir. Haven't tried it. Been busy with some stuff. What I did for now is remove the canopy during Battroid mode. By the way, the toothpaste we have is a colored one. Should I use a white instead of mint green / fresh blue toothpaste? :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey David. Not yet sir. Haven't tried it. Been busy with some stuff. What I did for now is remove the canopy during Battroid mode. By the way, the toothpaste we have is a colored one. Should I use a white instead of mint green / fresh blue toothpaste? :rolleyes:

whatever you have in your house. the one that works best for me i recommended on a previous page and found it to work the fastest.

whatever you have in your house. the one that works best for me i recommended on a previous page and found it to work the fastest.

I see. So any 'flavors' is ok. Thanks. Hopefully I can do it over the weekend while watching Harry Potter with my 6 yr old son. He's into it right now. ;) I remember you mentioned like 5 hours with break so that's 2 Harry Potter movies. :rolleyes:

Guest davidwhangchoi

I see. So any 'flavors' is ok. Thanks. Hopefully I can do it over the weekend while watching Harry Potter with my 6 yr old son. He's into it right now. ;) I remember you mentioned like 5 hours with break so that's 2 Harry Potter movies. :rolleyes:

might be double depending on the paste.

Will just take a guess and ask if it was the damaged box listing from ami.. :p

if you dont mind me asking that is...

Yup! Price + shipping was less than the HLJ price, so it forced my hand early. :) Was originally going to just get one with my VF-4 orders next month from them.

Yup! Price + shipping was less than the HLJ price, so it forced my hand early. :) Was originally going to just get one with my VF-4 orders next month from them.

Now, the only thing to look out for is how bad the damaged box is....hopefully nothing too bad ....i went the slow route, so can only check in few weeks time... -_-

Transformation from fighter to Gerwalk to Battroid last night finally. Man, this thing is rock solid. Covered the canopy with Tamiya tape JIC, but no problems with anything else. I must say, you can really feel and see the quality in this one. More tampo would have been nice, but overall there is actually quite a bit of extremely nice painted on detail once you start to really look at it. Good job Arcadia. Overalls A + on this one from me. One tiny nitpick is the pilot is not snug enough in his seat. He flops around in the cockpit.

post-11393-0-00725400-1452954111_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-05546200-1452954130_thumb.jpeg

Edited by derex3592

The only quality issues I've noticed with my 0A and 0S have to do with the cockpit. That the pilot doesn't sit well in the seat is annoying, but worse is that I always have problem with the seat's flip back mechanism. On my A when I tried it, the flight control piece broke off and I had to glue it back on. Later with my 0S, the seat just did not budge and I was then obviously afraid to use too much force. :-/

Edited by Lorindor

The only quality issues I've noticed with my 0A and 0S have to do with the cockpit. That the pilot doesn't sit well in the seat is annoying, but worse is that I always have problem with the seat's flip back mechanism. On my A when I tried it, the flight control piece broke off and I had to glue it back on. Later with my 0S, the seat just did not budge and I was then obviously afraid to use too much force. :-/

aside the issue that the control panel or hud can break off if you are not careful when swinging the seat position for battroid (which I simply don't bother doing anyway) is the cockpit area looking a little too sparse.. Also I use a tiny little square of double sided tape on the pilots behind to keep him in place.

Edited by spanner76

Finally got a chance to transform my Vf-0A from battroid mode and yup, cockpit window is scratched. Not as bad as some other member's 0As but scratched nevertheless. I can't believe Arcadia didn't notice this in QC. My faith in Arcadia is wavering. Every release has something wrong or stupidly omitted. They are no where near as competent as Yamato was in their last few years.

Wow. I never realized how small the VF-1 really is. (Unless it's a different scale, but that doesn't seem to be the case.) Nice collection. Even the YF-29 looks goodish. Must be the skull and crossbones.

Think F-16 parked next to a F-15 and you get a pretty good idea of how the VF-1 compares, size wise, to most other VFs.

Edited by mechaninac

Beautiful shots Noel! :)

Thanks Spanner! ;) So are you more on the blue ghost or grey ghost? Hehehe. :D

I like the blue one better :wub:

Blue for the win. Wish I had picked one up years ago.

it blue me away..ahem...

Thanks guys! I'm leaning towards the blue ghost too. ;) Now I have to think if I'm going to sell my extra grey ghost. Hehehe. :D

1 Focker is good, 2 or 3 Fockers is just better....

Nice Focker valks, derex. ;)

Wow. I never realized how small the VF-1 really is. (Unless it's a different scale, but that doesn't seem to be the case.) Nice collection. Even the YF-29 looks goodish. Must be the skull and crossbones.

Agree. Even before I'm so amazed how big the other valks esp the VF-0's to VF-1's. Then I check the sizes online (mecha size) and it really shows that VF-1 are just small. Hehehe. :D

In fighter mode, VF-1's length is 14.23m. While VF-0's length is 18.69m. That being said, the VF-0 is almost has the same length size of an actual F-14.

Edited by no3ljm