Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Looks good Lolicon! Can't wait for mine to arrive, I was hoping it would be here today but it looks like it will be delivered Monday.

Yes, she's a lovely bird. :)

My reception upon receiving the 0A was a bit lukewarm, but now that I have it in Roy's paint scheme, I love it!

It's molded in white all over, so you won't have to worry about scratching up the paint during transformation like on the 0A.

Yes, she's a lovely bird. :)

My reception upon receiving the 0A was a bit lukewarm, but now that I have it in Roy's paint scheme, I love it!

It's molded in white all over, so you won't have to worry about scratching up the paint during transformation like on the 0A.

Its all about the Skull and Crossbones scheme. Like many others, the Roy color scheme is my favorite.

So far from what I have read, hip ball joint issue with the 0A and 0D has not shown up on the 0S as of yet. I take it yours is ok too.

OK so its been bugging me ever since I got em and then the photo of the Lolicon's VF-0S finally pushed me over the edge to paint the cockpit canopy frame of my VF-0A black to match the 0S & 0D..

It was a pain in the arse to do as in my middle age I don't seem to have the once steady hands of my youth so it was a slow process. I think it turned out quite well actually! I'll definitely do my other VF-0A also!

I'll go over it again once the paint properly dries. Let me know what you guys think!

post-21335-0-18709500-1451222279_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-95668400-1451222292_thumb.jpg

I don't want to buzz your decision, but to me the new paint was a revelation compared to the old Yamato choice.

To me, the paint is much more accurate to a "Shin" scheme. In episode 5, you can see both Shin's 0A and Roy 0S side by side on the aircraft carrier. And Shin is plain grey when Roy's frame is black.

post-15880-0-30651000-1451226595_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-73216500-1451226595_thumb.jpg

i know it's no longer anime accurate but i just never liked the grey colored frame.. im curious as to why they did that in the anime as it doesn't follow the trend of most if not all many other fighter aircraft with black painted canopy frames. After all it is done for a reason (as far as I was aware). Im happy with how it looks now as before it looked unfinished.

edited..

Edited by spanner76

I'm under the impression that Shin's grey scheme follows the naval grey scheme on today's fighters and they have their canopies painted grey. Only if there is a black area around the canopy then I think it'll be black like Roy's and the CF versions (looks like the Arcadia one will have it in black). But in the end, whatever makes you happy as that's your own touch to it.

f18-4.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

ah yes.. it would seem many navy fighters do have grey colored frames.. More than I thought! But for me I prefer the black frame on my Shin as I think it helps break up all that grey which to me seem too much. Adds a nice contrast. And for me doing my own custom touch was a big thing as I usually shy away doing personal customs most due to the fear factor of screwing it up. Especially considering the cost of these bloody things..

i know it's no longer anime accurate but i just never liked the grey colored frame.. im curious as to why they did that in the anime as it doesn't follow the trend of most if not all many other fighter aircraft with black painted canopy frames. After all it is done for a reason (as far as I was aware). Im happy with how it looks now as before it looked unfinished.

edited..

I won't blame you, I did paint my YF-29 isamu top nose in black so that it has the same pattern of the other 29s and 25s... Although that I absolutely know this is not correct.

Damn these small chip of paint can be buggy!

I won't blame you, I did paint my YF-29 isamu top nose in black so that it has the same pattern of the other 29s and 25s... Although that I absolutely know this is not correct.

Damn these small chip of paint can be buggy!

is that the small part of the nose cone which joins to the forward fuselage? im not really sure which part you are referring to sorry..

Some quick pics. Roy easily has the best paint scheme in all of Macross. :)

Legs are totally fine on mine so far.

However, the instrument panel was poorly glued on and came off with just a slight touch. Easy to remedy. I guess I would rather deal with a loose part that I can easily reattach than have to perform open leg surgery. :angry:

20151227_204957_zpshdaohwux.jpg20151227_205654_zpsv2iz2qdq.jpg

20151227_202249_zpsg0ywcn5r.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

However, the instrument panel was poorly glued on and came off with just a slight touch. Easy to remedy. I guess I would rather deal with a loose part that I can easily reattach than have to perform open leg surgery. :angry:

Same thing happened to my VF-0A HUD panel. To be far, I would much rather have the factory put too little glue on a piece over too much glue. It was any easy fix.

Thanks for the battroid pics! Excited for mine to arrive!

Thanks for the awesome pics and update! Additionally you can forget abt the return day window!! :D:D

I do agree that the white, yellow, black scheme works on many levels and is really eye catching esp on this 0a valk design.

However in a weird kinda way, roy's release is sorta making me appreciate my 0a valk even more, because it isnt the usual white/black stripes. :lol::lol:

But am getting the 0s, and resisting the urge for a 2nd 0s. (and no, resistance is 'NOT' futile) :lol::lol:

Edited by seti88

Oh! Forgot to mention that it's molded in the darker Yamato DYRL white, so no pinkish hue, if anyone was concerned about that.

Thanks for the awesome pics and update! Additionally you can forget abt the return day window!! :D:D

Thank goodness. HLJ appears to be on their new year's break till January 4th. :o (I had to email them about another issue and haven't heard back yet.)

is that the small part of the nose cone which joins to the forward fuselage? im not really sure which part you are referring to sorry..

That s right, here is a comparison pict , the right one is obviously my copy taken with a phone camera ;)

post-15880-0-77567500-1451299522_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the off topic guys!

Edited by Xigfrid

Incredibly glad to hear it's molded in color, and DYRL white to boot. Still wish the Arcadia VF-1 releases had used that color.

Guess nothing ever really changes though, the same exact thing happened to the instrument panel on my Yamato Roy 0S. Just not very much surface to attach it to, I guess.

Oh! Forgot to mention that it's molded in the darker Yamato DYRL white, so no pinkish hue, if anyone was concerned about that.

*snip*

This, plus the fact that there have been no reported issues with the legs/hip (knocks on wood) have single handedly made me decide to buy a VF-0S.

The awesome member pictures have helped too.

+100

+200 :)

-b.

Thank goodness. HLJ appears to be on their new year's break till January 4th. :o (I had to email them about another issue and haven't heard back yet.)

Yeah... Did they post they were doing that anywhere? Due to the whole "10 day limit" issue I didn't want to have them ship until I knew i'd be back at home to receive it so I asked for a big box to go out on the 25th... appears that won't be happening for a while.