I’ve got a couple of questions I was wondering if someone here knew. Luke mentioned that he wanted to go to “The Academy”, which academy is that, the Imperial Academy? Because he also knew about the Rebellion against the Empire, so who’s side was he on?

Also, has there been any talk about whether or not any of the clone troopers from Clone Wars will make an appearance in Star Wars Rebels? It’d be cool to find out what happened to Cody and Rex. I don’t know about anyone else, but some of those troopers really grew on me and thought it was pretty cool that they touched on their individual personalities in Clone Wars.

Luke stated he hated the Empire and lamented the fact that he was so far away from everything to do anything about it. I'm not sure about the Academy he mentioned, but it's likely it was not an imperial institution on something as far out as Tatooine. Nonetheless, Luke's friend Biggs went to the Academy and was in the employ of the Rebel Alliance. So maybe the Academy is even a Rebel institution. Or perhaps it is an Imperial institution that just trains people, some of whom leave to join the Rebel Alliance :)

IIRC from the novelization, been decades, so bear with me. There were multiple "academies" There was the Imperial Academy and then there were merchant academies for training folks to be freighter pilots. The EU made it so that Biggs entered the Imperial Academy, earlier versions had him attend one of the merchant academies and steal a freighter, the Rand Ecliptic, the EU later made it an imperial strike cruiser or some such.

I think it was during a conversation with Uncle Owen about staying on another season and going to the Acedemy next year. Anyways, seems like it was explained in the novels.

Expanded made it the Imperial Academy.

In an episode IV cut scene Biggs talking about looking to join the Alliance before the Imperial draft him. Which leads the question why attended the Imperial Academy if you don't want to join the Imperials?

I might as well park this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGl6r5tQYPM

So Japanese, the thing he did with the arm when ordering the guns to fire on the rebel ship, not to mention the "Macross" missiles. Awesome, wish they made more.

Best reaction video ever

Dafuq? Haha, I was about to say he needs a tissue, then the bastard started to rub one out with the droid or whatever that was and I had to turn that $hit off.

Dafuq? Haha, I was about to say he needs a tissue, then the bastard started to rub one out with the droid or whatever that was and I had to turn that $hit off.

That's what these "reaction" videos are. Or at least the ones where the guy/gal want to touch themselves to whatever they're watching. :rolleyes:

Lol, am I racist for laughing at that?

Only if you think all Black Men are like that. Sadly, there are no scenes in Star Wars with Han or Luke looking as similarly disheveled/fearful so it's not like they could splice together that same scene with a white guy. It's just down to the unfortunate fact a black guy in Star Wars happens to have that look. Of course I also tend to miss racial implications due to long trails of logic, such as my previous sentences, and have little compulsion to think along those lines so...

My initial reaction (to the trailer) was: why the fu*k am I seeing a Stormtrooper (other than Luke or Han in disguise) without a helmet (regardless of race)?

Mind you, my experience is rather limited, to the first 3 films, with only some skimming of the prequels. All those other spinoffs, series, cartoons and other sh*te just don't exist for me.

The series as a whole just flowed better, was much more enjoyable when they took their initial inspiration from the old 40's movie serials/Kurosawa films, and followed the K.I.S.S. principle as far as story & characters.

ed: oh wait, I have to take that back. I watched this one with the younguns, and it was actually pretty funny...

NECqFFUqQBdUGJ_1_1.jpg

as stuff-you-have-to-sit-through-with-the-kids goes. :p

Edited by reddsun1

I'm assuming he's Lando's son?

And the woman on the lego block speeder is Han & Lea's daughter?

There are 2 trailers : a UK teaser trailer 1:30 & an international teaser trailer 1:50.

surprised that no one's talking much about the 1:50 trailer which I think is better...especially with Darth Vader's breathing at the end!!!

I'm assuming he's Lando's son?

And the woman on the lego block speeder is Han & Lea's daughter?

There are 2 trailers : a UK teaser trailer 1:30 & an international teaser trailer 1:50.

surprised that no one's talking much about the 1:50 trailer which I think is better...especially with Darth Vader's breathing at the end!!!

Are you referring to the fan made trailer?

Chris

Are you referring to the fan made trailer?

Chris

Unless I'm a victim of some joke...No. Black stormtrooper sith with red lightsaber, it has lucasfilm/bad robot at the beginning it has audence aproval etc..it's official release?