You mean like Universal Soldier for example:

Universal Soldier - Awesome, though kinda in a 'bad 80's movie kind of way'

Universal Soldier 2 - Made for TV crap

Universal Soldier 3 - More Made for TV crap

Universal Soldier the Return (the new Universal Soldier 2) - Bad and written by someone who didn't even watch the first one. Van Damme was back for this one and he was a former UniSol (which makes no sense of course)

Universal Soldier Regeneration (the new NEW Universal Soldier 2) - Brought Dolph back, but was still pretty bad.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (A semi-sequel to Regeneration, so UniSol 3 [sort of]) - This one was more like a zombie film, where zombies are military trained, was actually pretty good.

I just wanted to point out that there is ONE Universal Soldier film of that name, but they have made a true sequel of that original movie THREE times... Thats right there are THREE Universal Soldier 2 films!!! It is so insane I can't stand it. There has NEVER been a franchise that has been this fuked up. EVER.

This pretty much sums up the whole: 'Ignore one of the sequels' thing. A reboot is better than this nightmare.

That... that's REALLY bad.

But a bootmake just means you now have two Universal Soldier 1s as well as 3 Universal Soldier 2s. It doesn't actually fix the problem.

That... that's REALLY bad.

But a bootmake just means you now have two Universal Soldier 1s as well as 3 Universal Soldier 2s. It doesn't actually fix the problem.

Sure it does, you forget about the horrible leper of a franchise it was, and its something different. When someone brings up Batman now, they mean The Nolan series. The Keaton-Kilmer-Clooney series is not even in the back of our minds.

It strikes me that whenever someone ASKS for a reboot (instead of complaining about how it means Hollywood has no fresh ideas, which is the usual reaction), it generally means, "I really like this movie or series, but I notice it has flaws. So let me add my own fanfic into it, and then it will be PERFECT."

It strikes me that whenever someone ASKS for a reboot (instead of complaining about how it means Hollywood has no fresh ideas, which is the usual reaction), it generally means, "I really like this movie or series, but I notice it has flaws. So let me add my own fanfic into it, and then it will be PERFECT."

So, I wanted the Batman reboot, I didn't have a fan fiction idea, I just knew the franchise was ruined with terrible sequels.

If George had known that he'd been able to make 3 movies, we would have never gotten the Awesomeness we did. He would have stalled for 2 movies, then tried to cram everything into the last one. /honestsnark

I agree that the story of the trilogy could be a little tighter and less repetitive at the end, but I wouldn't change it. Yes, it should dovetail better with the prequels, but that was their job - to fit in with what came before, not rewrite 4-6 to fit 1-3. And yes, the effects could be spruced up a bit, but they didn't do well with the SE's. Back in 95 while they were working on the SE, there was an IMAX movie about special effects. In that there was a full update of the opening scene, which was amazing. It really set me up for disappointment.

About the only thing I'd like to see fixed up is the woks themselves. Sure, many out there would like to do away with them entirely. But those little guys were bloodthirsty badasses. With modern techniques, they could look both cute AND tough enough to take on Stormtroopers.

Edited by Kelsain

That's different, I think... Batman's been booted and rebooted from way before either of us were born. Star Wars hasn't.

Right, Star Wars is also, not a wreck. Even with the fan complaints, its the closest thing to a perfect SciFi franchise.

About the only thing I'd like to see fixed up is the woks themselves. Sure, many out there would like to do away with them entirely. But those little guys were bloodthirsty badasses. With modern techniques, they could look both cute AND tough enough to take on Stormtroopers.

Like so?

post-939-0-54562200-1418675306_thumb.png

Rebooting Star Wars would be dumb. I don't even think it needs direct sequels. There's better storywriting to do with some of the other characters in the universe. Whatever happened to the Boba Fett TV show? There's 20 years between the prequels and the originals that Disney can't will away, no matter how much EU-wiping they do. They can get rid of the Old Republic and the Yuuzhan Vong, but they're stuck with the Galactic Empire period. You'd think they'd try a bit harder to capitalize on that.

Rebooting Star Wars would be dumb. I don't even think it needs direct sequels. There's better storywriting to do with some of the other characters in the universe. Whatever happened to the Boba Fett TV show?

Will likely be Bobo Fett-movie at this point. There's lots of talk about spin-offs. See here.

Either way, the Death Stars have gravity by all appearances. The torpedo would happily keep falling down that exhaust shaft straight towards the center.

And the sound is actually simulated by the ships' computers based on sensor data, then played in the cockpit to enhance pilot situational awareness. It's not really traveling THROUGH space, it just APPEARS to.

Or it's artistic license. Take your pick. :p

Of course, some missiles have a self-destruct system that safely destroys the projectile if it travels too far without hitting anything... :)

Of course, some missiles have a self-destruct system that safely destroys the projectile if it travels too far without hitting anything... :)

Absolutely!

Can you imagine how dangerous space would get if these projectiles were just left to fly forever after missing? Entire systems would be inaccessible for all the explosive debris!

But the Death Star torpedoes could keep sailing because they didn't miss yet. :p

Edited by JB0

Like so?

attachicon.gif1 ewok.png

Actually, this is what I was thinking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRJ1aDaGN0o

Think about it: the ewoks didn't even hesitate to make our heroes lunch. They've eaten humans before, probably imperial patrols & separated individuals. For the stormtroopers, the final Battle of Endor would be terrifying!

More this:

stormtroopers_vs_aliens_by_rhymesyndicat

Instead of this:

scrubs-box-of-kittens-gif.gif

No wonder it was a rout, once the ewoks jumped in!

Edited by Kelsain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRJ1aDaGN0o

Think about it: the ewoks didn't even hesitate to make our heroes lunch. They've eaten humans before, probably imperial patrols & separated individuals. For the stormtroopers, the final Battle of Endor would be terrifying!

More this:

stormtroopers_vs_aliens_by_rhymesyndicat

Instead of this:

scrubs-box-of-kittens-gif.gif

No wonder it was a rout, once the ewoks jumped in!

May cause sneezing, tiny scratches and erectile dysfunction.

I wonder if they are going to scrap the life-size props like they did the OT, or auction them off like they did for the remade BSG Vipers etc? I’m sure that there are some SW fans out there with fairly deep pockets.

Right, Star Wars is also, not a wreck. Even with the fan complaints, its the closest thing to a perfect SciFi franchise.

Said no one ever, who has seen the steaming pile of shite that is the prequel trilogy. C'mon man, the only way *I* enjoy SW is by ignoring the prequel trilogy and pretty much anything else that has been made other than the original trilogy.

If you can't remaster the Original Trilogy's movies one more time (yet), there's still the original comic series to make over.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Remastered_Marvel_Star_Wars_Adaptation_Coming_161575.asp

While Howard Chaykin is one of my all time favorite comic artist, the distinctive, abstract style he had in his early days is completely ruined from issue #2 on, where Steve Leialoha takes over the inking from Chaykin. The massive plastering of text balloons isn't helpful, either.

Here's an example of the remastered/re-colored issue:

post-1187-0-00708600-1418818838_thumb.jpg

You find an entertaining look at the original comics here:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/16/touring-marvels-star-wars-1-vader-needs-a-drink/

(...)

I'm never going to look at Ewoks the same way!