If they actually do intend for this to be some type of Rogue Squadron movie, then yes, my mind is drooling profusely. But at the same time, I don't want to get too excited about it. The X-Wing books were my favorite part of the EU, and while I'd love to see those characters transferred to the big screen, I know it won't happen that way.

On the other hand, it could be the name of a ship, or some other reference completely unrelated to Rogue Squadron... so I'll just wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

That list sucked the first time I saw it and its revised version still sucks. Shadows of The Empire has no business being on there give how clunky and frustrating the controls and camera were.

*nod nod* The AT-AT level was cool but it also was the first level so you paid a lot of money for a short game. :p

My personal favorites would probably be (not in any order):

• Rebel Assault 1 & 2 because part 1 was one of the first pc games I've ever played and I was amazed by the cinematic
  • KotoR becasue I love Bioware games and Darth Revan rules and
  • Jedi Knight because it was the first game where I wielded a light saber.

I was going to try and find a way to get them without actually going to a store. I guess you can buy comics online right? I remember the days in the late 80's where I had my own bin at comicmania. Was a 25 min bike ride to pick em up.

Not all but mass majority of comics can be purchased not only online but on your devices like phone or tablet. Since the closest comic shop is 25 miles away and I have no storage to put them I buy digital. Not only that but I'll typically wait a month so it goes from the 3.99 price to 1.99.

I mean dear god why do I wanna pay 4 bucks for 32 pages?

I miss the days when I could get a comic for 1.25 and not feel like I was raped. Then again, when I think about it it was still a rape as you had advertisements from sega or Nintendo or Nike or Adidas and whatever else was hot in the 90s.

I do it once and awhile because I like my local comic store. It's a hole in the wall and the owner is great. Idk - people spend more than that on a cup of coffee and you're going to pee that out in about 20 min. And I've been buying the new Sandman issues off the rack because they are just pieces of art.

But I usually download runs and buy TPB's that I really like.

Anyway, the Vader story is solid so far.

Edited by Gakken85

*nod nod* The AT-AT level was cool but it also was the first level so you paid a lot of money for a short game. :p

My personal favorites would probably be (not in any order):

• Rebel Assault 1 & 2 because part 1 was one of the first pc games I've ever played and I was amazed by the cinematic
  • KotoR becasue I love Bioware games and Darth Revan rules and
  • Jedi Knight because it was the first game where I wielded a light saber.

I feel like if you're going to bag on Shadows for having poor controls and poor levels you shouldn't then submit the Rebel Assault games as better. They were largely movies with a cursor you could move around on screen, a hyper sensitive and fidgety one at that. Shadows at least gave you full control in all situations.

Edited by Mommar

I feel like if you're going to bag on Shadows for having poor controls and poor levels you shouldn't then submit the Rebel Assault games as better. They were largely movies with a cursor you could move around on screen, a hyper sensitive and fidgety one at that. Shadows at least gave you full control in all situations.

I don't recall the cursor being fidgety in Rebel Assault.

But then, I was using a joystick with a rapid fire switch, so I didn't need a lot of precision. :p

Not all but mass majority of comics can be purchased not only online but on your devices like phone or tablet. Since the closest comic shop is 25 miles away and I have no storage to put them I buy digital. Not only that but I'll typically wait a month so it goes from the 3.99 price to 1.99.

I mean dear god why do I wanna pay 4 bucks for 32 pages?

I miss the days when I could get a comic for 1.25 and not feel like I was raped. Then again, when I think about it it was still a rape as you had advertisements from sega or Nintendo or Nike or Adidas and whatever else was hot in the 90s.

I bought a iPad mini to read books and got 30 pages into a book and haven't read (on the iPad) since. Downloading comics sounds like a good idea. I guess they're on iTunes?

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think that Rebel Assault is a good game (or at least the games had issues) but it get on my list because of major nostalgia. I was just impressed with the cut scenes and the graphic in general. ^_^

I bought a iPad mini to read books and got 30 pages into a book and haven't read (on the iPad) since. Downloading comics sounds like a good idea. I guess they're on iTunes?

A mass majority of the industry like marvel, idw, DC, Abd so forth (except dark horse) you can go and create an account for on a site called comixology.com and they have an app for all Apple and android devices so you can download what you purchased in the website. Sadly because people "accidentally" purchased 20 dollar TPB digitals from the app wanting refunds the powers that be got rid of the direct purchase portion of the app.

So only way is to go in their website, purchase from there then download thru your account by clicking on the iCloud icon on the app.

It's not hard at all, just gotta go back and forth.

Off the top of my head dark horse, and Archie comics you can download their app and buy direct from there. DH use to have big problems with their purchasing side. You'd buy the issue but wouldn't download claiming error. Then when you tried to download it again they'd double charge you the issue. Looks like it's fixed now as I haven't had a problem like that in over a year.

I have the latest iPad mini at 128......out of that about 20 gigs of it are just comic books.

I heard that Lucas has disregarded the majority of the Extended universe.

Have they revealed any thing about the "Bad Guy" with the red light saber is he just some Wana be sith trying to take over/fight the Jedi or will their be some conection to the long dead Emperor?

Cool. I found it thanks. First issue of darth $4.99. Jesus is that what comics cost now?

I usually wait a month after the release of a comic cause the price will typically go down after the latest issue is released. But my price is 3.99 tops. I just picked up 5 issues of halo for 10 bucks saving me an additional 10.

I heard that Lucas has disregarded the majority of the Extended universe.

Have they revealed any thing about the "Bad Guy" with the red light saber is he just some Wana be sith trying to take over/fight the Jedi or will their be some conection to the long dead Emperor?

I think someone leaked a full image of the character and Disney had a fit over it and got it removed.

I'm psyched man! Reading comics on an iPad is pretty sweet.

I'm getting the vader comics. Now have to decide on the Star Wars one.

The Star Wars issues are better than the Vader ones so far, and has a ton of Vader anyway. They are pretty boss. I read through 1-3 last night. Very grown-up feel with really natural dialogue that feels like the films. The situations don't feel too fantastic to believe inside the scope of the films either, if that makes sense.

The art is great too.

star-wars-2-page-4.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Displeasing, but not unexpected. The original Lucasfilm fanfare was designed to segue in from the Fox fanfare as if they were a single piece of music.

I accepted years ago there's just never going to be another release of MY Star Wars films, and the remastered LaserDisk release is the best version forever.

A little off topic, but fitting since this new controversy about replacing the Fox fanfare. :p

No, that's totally on-topic given that's the Fox/Star Wars fanfare and not the Fox fanfare. :p

Incidentally, much like them, the Fox Wars fanfare more or less replaced the Fox fanfare in my head. To the extent that I always feel like they cut the fanfare short in every other Fox movie.