IXTL

Wow, I had been anticipating this day after Japan got back from their collective New Years' break. Too bad I was at work at the time and missed it. I completely missed the preorder for the Alto, and opted to go with an eBay scalper, who then fell through. And yet, I was still able to get one even though I had to order after the release date. I'm confident I'll be able to get one of these, too.

Wow, I had been anticipating this day after Japan got back from their collective New Years' break. Too bad I was at work at the time and missed it. I completely missed the preorder for the Alto, and opted to go with an eBay scalper, who then fell through. And yet, I was still able to get one even though I had to order after the release date. I'm confident I'll be able to get one of these, too.

At a reasonable price or at scalper rates?? :unsure:

oh, the yf-29 -_-

I missed the stupid CF preorder at NY because I was on the train going to work lol

Well that's just what you get for being a productive member of society! We're not supposed to have jobs, we're supposed to be fanboys who sit at our computers hitting the refresh icon every 5 seconds.

I don't understand Bandai's selling strategy. They know by now that all the Frontier line is selling like hotcakes. Even at the high price, fans want 2 or 3 of the same valk.

Why not releasing more? I was a bit upset to pay US$300 for Ozma recently, but even if Ozma gets reissued, chances are you won't get one.

Edited by takatoys

How likely is it that US retailers will have this available? I know they aren't technically supposed to carry Macross stuff, but that's not stopped them before.

"US Retailers?" You mean like Big Bad Toystore? I got my second Alto 171 from them. They only got something like 10 in total. And they're very careful about pre-orders for Bandai products after so many were boned by the Ozma and Alto 29 releases.

The 171 was hard to preorder but not hard to find after release so I wouldn't freak out too much.

I concur with Jenius :lol: ... might just have to pay a bit more than the preorders, but I'm content w/ that if it means I don't have to camp out in front of my computer screen for hella days :p

How did people know that the 171 preorder was last night? I was over in the yf-29 thread keeping an eye cause someone gave a heads up it was going for that preorder. I totally missed the 171 preorder as i didn't see any mention of it prior. How about the RVF-25? When is that preorder going up? I would've though that would've been up as well?

Anyway if it's anything like the alto 171, there will be lots floating around after release for a somewhat reasonable price. Though if i remember correctly, most people really wanted the cannon fodder instead.

Maybe be they'll be harder to come by? I can see people selling their alto vf-171ex now that the cannon fodder is out.

How did people know that the 171 preorder was last night? I was over in the yf-29 thread keeping an eye cause someone gave a heads up it was going for that preorder.

I didn't know, just woke up in the middle of the night and decided to check the 171 at retail sites. Noticed they were listed and sold out, then came here to check the thread. LOL

Yeah, I was so busy following the YF-29 that I didn't realize the VF-171CF was on sale too until someone mentioned it in that thread.

I had resigned to bite the bullet and just get a YF-29 Alto from BBTS for $250, so I might just grab one of their in-stock ones for that. I went ahead and preordered the super parts for it since they're still up for pre-order for about $40, so I'd better come up with one by the time they arrive. :lol:

The 171CF though, if it's anything like the EX, should be on sale from a lot of places once it's released, so I'm not too concerned about it.

The 171CF though, if it's anything like the EX, should be on sale from a lot of places once it's released, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Hopefully you're right. I'm not sure though. Most people said they weren't asking for Alto's version, they wanted the CF. Combine that with the fact usually CF's don't sell as well as the "Hero" variety Bandai may decide to under produce these even more even though it seems like demand might be higher. At least it seems to be higher around this forum, not that it's a reflection of the rest of the world.

Well I'm thinking mostly about Nippon Yasan.. they charge a bit more from the get-go, but that also helps quell the frenzy that winds up with everyone else selling out. I mean, they still have 30th anniversary and Alto YF-29s currently in stock, because they know how to price them so they stick around (ie, a bit too high, but still low enough to be better than ebay and tempting for desperate folks like us :p).

With my VF-171EX, I was able to order one the the day after the actual release, for a bit over retail, but a lot less than ebay. I'm not sure I want to risk waiting around for the YF-29 re-release, but I'm perfectly content waiting on the 171CF.

Is there an official letter designation of the 171 similar to other VFs (A, F, J, P, S)? Obviously no one in the fiction would call them "cannon fodder." It just seems like a bad thing to call such a beautiful fighter.

No letter designation that we know of, but the alternate name for "Cannon Fodder" variants is "Mass Production"

Ah well there goes my number one wish for 2013 down the drain.

I was out of town earning the money I spend on my expensive toys and now I can't order them. *sigh*

Does anyone have a time frame for the hlj pre-orders?

Also will NY allow pre-orders for another tranche? Because the item is currently listed as "NON DISPONIBLE".

I guess that means not available right now but I found out about NY recently so I don't know what that suppose to mean.

Thinking about it I had no problems to order the VF-25F, VF-25S and VF-25g. Must be some kind of dumb luck or something.

Has Bandai reduced the available stock for online retailers because the don't want to cope with foreign customer support?

Or has the Frontier hype been exploding after the Renewals were rewarded with so much praise?

After the mixed reviews for the V1 Frontier Valks I even hesitated about a week or so until I decided to buy one. *shrug*

I'm confused. :(

Edited by Scyla

So Bandai is trying to go out of business?

Nope. Don't you know Bandai are the scalpers. Hence....

I think that scalpers are taking the majority of the stock judging from all the recent ebay , rakuten and amazon ads.

Bandai gives amiami, hlj, cdj, etc 10 units each, creating a false demand with instant sell-outs, and they sell off the rest on the side. It's the new way to do e-commerce!

Edited by Lupin The Third