IXTL

...all I need is the RVF-25 and I'm DONE with Frontier.

As far as Valks go, yeah.

There will definitely be Super Parts for the 171 CF, and hopefully super and tornado parts for the G and F. And then there's that Vajra...

What do u guys think of the bandai valks and yamato valks?

Which one use better material? with better quality control? which brand always more faithful to original? better transformation?..etc.

The thing is, they are providing different valks, with little to no over lapping as far as 1/60 scale toys are concerned, so if you want a VF-171, you can only go for Bandai and if you want to go for the VF-4, you only go with Yamato.

Put an order in just in case I "need" it. It was a hard struggle between this and waiting on a deal for a vf-17D/19. Can't get over how beautiful the color is. So need some opinions, I have the white 171, but no versions of the VF-17 or new VF-19(s). On a tight budget...I don't generally collect repaints except for VF-1(s). Which is the best bang for the buck? (VF-4 is out of the question for now)

F NY and their price gouging.

Just be patient and wait till release. For the last couple of releases, Amiami, HS, HLJ, etc, all had extra units after the release date, and I was able to snag one then without paying inflated prices.

Heck, I still see 171EXs and 25Gs pop up now and then for around retail price.

They are called "reaction missiles"

Thanks! Looks like the ones I was referring to are the MDE warheads/missiles, didn't realize they were considered "reaction missiles" as well. :rolleyes:

Thought I remembered seeing the cannon fodder 171 had equipped these somewhere in the show/movies - but maybe it was only the 171EX that had them?

Some classic reaction missiles would be nice too.

post-1616-0-67949600-1357742760_thumb.jpg

post-1616-0-79114700-1357742767_thumb.jpg

post-1616-0-82322900-1357743008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phalanix

woot woot! preordered on NY for 182 plus shipping...yeah so you guys did it overnight b/c you're hard core. haha. so glad to not be paying $270 each for these!

**edit**

oh and "reaction missiles" are nukes.....nuclear brings up bad memories for japan so yeah..we have "reaction weaponry" probably named for the nuclear reactions that occur when used. a little too thinly veiled probably unless you have no idea how nukes work.

and DAMMIT and I didn't think of anime export!!!! totally just preordered at NY when i saw it was available for fear it'd be gone soon! gah!! should have come here first!! There goes $25/each down the toilet (unless NY is cheaper shipping wise).

Edited by Mechapilot77

and DAMMIT and I didn't think of anime export!!!! totally just preordered at NY when i saw it was available for fear it'd be gone soon! gah!! should have come here first!! There goes $25/each down the toilet (unless NY is cheaper shipping wise).

I don't think it would have mattered if you did remember AE. They were long ago sold out as well =(

I heard someone said the super parts/missile parts were always sold by Tamashii.jp store as Exclusive.

Unless u are late for preorder at Tamashi.jp store, it always accept all the preorders until the preorder period closed for that item. Is it true?

or is it cheaper to buy it from other web sites, like hlj, amiami..etc

Edited by MacrossChiu

I heard someone said the super parts/missile parts were always sold by Tamashii.jp store as Exclusive.

Unless u are late for preorder at Tamashi.jp store, it always accept all the preorders until the preorder period closed for that item. Is it true?

or is it cheaper to buy it from other web sites, like hlj, amiami..etc

Are the Armor Parts for this the same as the EX?

I have a question: Does anime-export web store always fulfill all the pre-orders?

If not, I will order another one at NY just to be safe.

I used them once for the YF-29 reissue and I received my product. That said I will never use them again. To begin with they are just about the only seller, and I intentionally use the term seller not company, that requires payment up front on pre-orders. CDJapan requires this on international preorders as well...but they're quite literally the first company in Japan to focus on exporting CDs, LDs, DVDs and they've been around forever. When Anime Export finally shipped my Valk they sent me a tracking number for Sagawa...well great, but Sagawa doesn't operate in the US. After multiple e-mails requesting valid tracking info, to which they first insisted the tracking was correct, they finally informed me that Sagawa partners with Fedex and only brings the freight to the US. It then goes to Fedex who makes delivery. Fine, so what was my fedex tracking number? That they could not provide me with, so I had a tracking number that showed a package leaving Japan and that was it.

Finally it showed up, but at no point was I able to track it's progress once it left Japan. It arrived in a reused box (for dry food product iirc) that had been poorly cut down to fit the valk size and stuffed with, quite literally, trash. Old newspaper, unusable flattened air packet plastic, and the like. I was incised. Not only was my item packaged with trash, it was not packed to protect all sides of the item! I have NEVER received an item packaged in such condition from HLJ, CDJ, Amiami, JList, Amazon Japan (which a friend forwards for me), or any other vendor I have ever used!

I honestly cannot recommend them at all. Others may have had better experiences but I do not trust AE and I will NEVER use them again, even if they are the only option. And I use the term seller in referring to them, rather than company, because they conduct business like some guy working out of his basement rather than as you would expect from a vendor who Bandai actually allocates limited product to.

Are the Armor Parts for this the same as the EX?

I would think they are going to fit, but they might be visually too dark given the dark coloration of the CF. Wonder if they'll have a different version like they do for the YF-29 vs YF-29 30th?

I used them once for the YF-29 reissue and I received my product. That said I will never use them again. To begin with they are just about the only seller, and I intentionally use the term seller not company, that requires payment up front on pre-orders. CDJapan requires this on international preorders as well...but they're quite literally the first company in Japan to focus on exporting CDs, LDs, DVDs and they've been around forever. When Anime Export finally shipped my Valk they sent me a tracking number for Sagawa...well great, but Sagawa doesn't operate in the US. After multiple e-mails requesting valid tracking info, to which they first insisted the tracking was correct, they finally informed me that Sagawa partners with Fedex and only brings the freight to the US. It then goes to Fedex who makes delivery. Fine, so what was my fedex tracking number? That they could not provide me with, so I had a tracking number that showed a package leaving Japan and that was it.

Finally it showed up, but at no point was I able to track it's progress once it left Japan. It arrived in a reused box (for dry food product iirc) that had been poorly cut down to fit the valk size and stuffed with, quite literally, trash. Old newspaper, unusable flattened air packet plastic, and the like. I was incised. Not only was my item packaged with trash, it was not packed to protect all sides of the item! I have NEVER received an item packaged in such condition from HLJ, CDJ, Amiami, JList, Amazon Japan (which a friend forwards for me), or any other vendor I have ever used!

I honestly cannot recommend them at all. Others may have had better experiences but I do not trust AE and I will NEVER use them again, even if they are the only option. And I use the term seller in referring to them, rather than company, because they conduct business like some guy working out of his basement rather than as you would expect from a vendor who Bandai actually allocates limited product to.

WoW...That was really bad experience. It kindda make me wanna cancel my preorder at AE. Hope more people can share their experience with AE here.

I hope we will have more different weapon parts as extra parts for 171CF.

Edited by MacrossChiu

I would think they are going to fit, but they might be visually too dark given the dark coloration of the CF. Wonder if they'll have a different version like they do for the YF-29 vs YF-29 30th?

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure they'll fit just fine, but my hope is that Bandai will offer specific armor for the CF through Tamashii Nations later on.

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure they'll fit just fine, but my hope is that Bandai will offer specific armor for the CF through Tamashii Nations later on.

Yeah should be an easy cash-in for Bandai. Maybe we get different missiles if Bandai is in a fancy mood. I know from the pre-order game you might get the

impression that they don't care if they earn any money but I'm sure Bandai is capitalistic to the bones. :p

Someone packed one of my orders with trash as well. I wish i could remember who it was now.

Yeah should be an easy cash-in for Bandai. Maybe we get different missiles if Bandai is in a fancy mood. I know from the pre-order game you might get the

impression that they don't care if they earn any money but I'm sure Bandai is capitalistic to the bones. :p

The current set is dark grey/blue for a white valk. New set will be white missles and plating for a dark mech. :D

Edited by Lupin The Third

initially, i was going to get 2 armor packs but then i saw that the current one comes with EX-color-matched wings and then the light bulb on my head went on... like oh yeah, guess they'll release ones with wings colored matched to the CF version.

Yeah, that's what stopped me from trying to locate 3 more EX Armor sets :p

initially, i was going to get 2 armor packs but then i saw that the current one comes with EX-color-matched wings and then the light bulb on my head went on... like oh yeah, guess they'll release ones with wings colored matched to the CF version.

In my mind, this is the reason for the whole wing fiasco. Bandai wants their exclusive 171 Armor parts to be release specific and not interchangeable between the EX and CF. Without the hard point wings, you can't load a CF with the missiles from the EX Armor set.

In my mind, this is the reason for the whole wing fiasco. Bandai wants their exclusive 171 Armor parts to be release specific and not interchangeable between the EX and CF. Without the hard point wings, you can't load a CF with the missiles from the EX Armor set.

I agree, one of the best ways to milk it :)

Yea when it's ready to ship they send you the shipping price, it's normal for them

Hehe. Thanks man.

This is awesome, looks like most if not all of us managed to secure this most awesome of awesome (gotta stop saying awesome) toy. Now for the RVF-25 Renewal!!!