IXTL

This thread has gone out of control....my email last night was blowing up with all the drama. Eventually this thing will be on sale somewhere for a lesser value. Good business release a few. Hold off until demand is high and then release again. Simple math, supply and demand. Heck I would do it. No need to fuss guys. Its a toy and it will be here for a while. If none of you buy the crazy prices of scalpers then eventually they would have no choice but to lower the prices. Then again are you patient enough ......that is the golden question.

Don't get your panties in a bunch!

Well I am not Bandai, but I feel there is plenty of evidence that suggests they are making enough units to get into the hands of their primary consumer base (I see a good amount of Japanese bloggers getting them) and that they are making enough money to invest into more Macross Chogokins. Whether or not they are providing enough for all the hungry gray market online retailers is a lot more muddy. They can only *make* a certain amount at any given time just due the sheer number of products they produce. I don't think we're getting anywhere by believing in the Illumirobboti.

Cheers dude! Got one too! Bit miffed cause of the $20 hike, and nearly $200 after postage - but mainly because I was lucky to nab all the new '25s and the 171EX at initial release for initial early bird rates :S Shouldn't complain :)

Good luck everyone!

I was just about to post N-Y's link for the re-opened preorder, but I see It's hard to catch some of you guys sleeping. At any rate, preorder placed and email confirmation received with tentative unregistered SAL for just under $200.00. I may cancel later if HLJ comes in for significantly less and if I'm able to grab it during what's bound to be a short window; and if not, I can always upgrade the shipping when the bill is due.

Edit: Here's hoping that the Japanese Government keep up their efforts to lower the value of the Yen...

Edited by mechaninac

Going to pass on the marked-up preorders, whenever businesses pull stuff like this I speak with my wallet. Whether it be vendors like NY taking advantage of demand and raising prices less than 24 hours after the product goes up for sale or Bandai and how they've chosen to produce or distribute the DX line.

If I can't get these at retail then oh well, the more for everyone else.

-b.

With registered airmail to California its $213 for me. How easy is it to cancel orders at CD Japan? I might just order my 2nd one at NY

Edit: Nevermind - my total was just about $200 at CDjapan so I'll keep that one

Edited by Valkyrie23

Pre-orders open again at Nippon Yasan, quick!!!

Edit: Oops, guys you guys already know (my browser didn't refresh), thought I'd tell you guys ASAP. LOL Was making the order at NY and posting here on my phone while holding the baby. =P

Edited by Phalanix

I'm hesitant to order from a retailer I'm not familiar with, but you guys seem to trust them, so ok. Ordered. Nice.

NY is pretty reliable so far. They have one of the fastest turnarounds with the Macross F valks from what I experienced. As long as you pay on time they ship it right after release

Do you guys normally pay upfront or later? Has anyone had theirs cancelled because they couldn't meet demand if they paid later?

I normally select Pay Later - why pay now when I can do that later? I don't like making payments for stuff when the product isn't ready for delivery, just in case something goes wrong.

I'm hesitant to order from a retailer I'm not familiar with, but you guys seem to trust them, so ok. Ordered. Nice.

NY is good, nothing to worry about. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the past as well. :)