Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Every time I see more updated pics of this it makes me wanna go finish 7. LOL! I'm gonna get one more than likely! :blink:

Every time I see more updated pics of this it makes me wanna go finish 7. LOL! I'm gonna get one more than likely! :blink:

I just finished Mac 7 tonight lol.

It's really weird, but I hated it the first time I tried to watch it. This time around though, I just let go and went for the ride and enjoyed it.

Oh almost forgot, I will be getting this!

Edited by Loop

looks great to me the only think that dont like me is that the eyes are painted and no made of crystal clear and for come like a separated parts I think was very possible do it so i hope someone offer that option also worry that the vf 19s come with the paint visor thats would be a step back in the design of macross toys :(

looks great to me the only think that dont like me is that the eyes are painted and no made of crystal clear and for come like a separated parts I think was very possible do it so i hope someone offer that option also worry that the vf 19s come with the paint visor thats would be a step back in the design of macross toys :(

I wouldn’t worry about that yet. Remember that what we have seen so far is the resin prototype with a coat of paint. Resin prototypes never have crystal clear parts. Yamato’s site announces they will be presenting the real plastic toy in a month time, including its definitive colour. I don’t think the eyes will be an issue. As you said, that would be a step back in the design of Macross toys.

maybe Graham can confirm us in case that eyes are painted I definitely will try to make it of crystal clear the only valkyrie that remember that not has the crystal visor was the sv 51 but in that case I justified for the design but not for the vf 19 and more when the eyes come as interchangeable part :angry:

just to burst everyone's bubble, the eye's on the plastic test shot are molded into the face plate. ;)

2dc6fep.jpg

And the canopy is going to be cloudy!

I had fun looking at the pictures of 2011 Wonfes at Flickr. But you don’t need to look for them; I’ve done it for you. Enjoy this and more…

post-12283-129714344363_thumb.jpg post-12283-129714367786_thumb.jpg post-12283-129714390603_thumb.jpg post-12283-12971443722_thumb.jpg

Edited by eugimon

I had fun looking at the pictures of 2011 Wonfes at Flickr. But you don’t need to look for them; I’ve done it for you. Enjoy this and more…

post-12283-129714344363_thumb.jpg post-12283-129714367786_thumb.jpg post-12283-129714390603_thumb.jpg post-12283-12971443722_thumb.jpg

Here you are the links:

1/60 完全変形 VF-19改 ファイアーバルキリー

_DSC0078

_DSC0077

_DSC0076

_DSC0075

_DSC0074

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bat_/5425109431/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bat_/5425711690/in/photostream/

Man, that is one STREAMLINED fighter mode. And I thought the YF-19 was sleek. The GERWALK mode looks WAY better than the YF-19's.

You know what would really impress me? If Yamato where to design the missile bays in the legs such that there was space to put all of the extra parts like the face and neck/leg panels. If most or all of the spare parts/accessories can store on the toy instead of rattling around in a box somewhere, this will officially be the greatest toy ever. ^_^

Seconded!

I doubt it. But man, that would be awesome.

I am just jazzed there are missile bays! This is AWESOME. I hope they v2 1:60 YF-19 now...

And a set of bigger feet for anime accurate Battroid!! lol

Considering the picture of the toy is taken from a higher angle and the legs are turned back there's no real way to make a fair comparison about the size of the feet in the drawing you posted versus how the toy looks. From that vantage more of the foot is obscured, therefore it will look smaller... and what's the the foot fetish on this board anyway?

Gerwalk looks the same to me. Fighter looks like they slimmed down the gullet and pushed the landing gear back a bit.

Yeah, maybe it's just the angle in which the pic was taken. Then again, it could be due to the improved articulation on the ankles.

• 3 weeks later...

I was gonna hold off for a blazer, but after getting a really clean copy of Macross 7 (central anime) I am newly inspired. I will hide the mouth and pretend it shoots real bullets from its gun. The missiles will help add to the illusion that it is not an annoying singers plane, but a hot shot fighter pilot who had his VF done up in an ugly custom scheme. Ah the power of imagination :lol: I am really going to need some help to justify the sound boosters though, any suggestions would be helpful. Perhaps some sort of high intensity microwave weapon...yeah that's a good start :D

I am looking forward to this now.

I was gonna hold off for a blazer, but after getting a really clean copy of Macross 7 (central anime) I am newly inspired. I will hide the mouth and pretend it shoots real bullets from its gun. The missiles will help add to the illusion that it is not an annoying singers plane, but a hot shot fighter pilot who had his VF done up in an ugly custom scheme. Ah the power of imagination :lol: I am really going to need some help to justify the sound boosters though, any suggestions would be helpful. Perhaps some sort of high intensity microwave weapon...yeah that's a good start :D

Maybe I'll put on some K-On! stickers and pretend it's Mio or Azu-nyan piloting instead that jerk Basara. :D

Maybe I'll put on some K-On! stickers and pretend it's Mio or Azu-nyan piloting instead that jerk Basara. :D

Untitled-1-2.png

No love for Yui? (^.^;)

But I don't really understand where the hate for mouths come from... It sounds exactly like when people heard that Optimus Prime was going to have a mouth in the first Transformers Movie. What's so unattractive/detracting about it?

Personally, I'm not too particular about it and I'm more of the 'if it's in the show most of the time, that's how it should be' kind of guy, so mouth it is!

Ask yourself the following questions:

1) How many VFs before Mac7 had mouths?

2) How many VFs talk?

In the Macross universe, where the military is building the valk, the mouth seems silly. I try to give Basara a pass since it's supposed to be some sort of civilian glam rock valk.

Untitled-1-2.png

No love for Yui? (^.^;)

Macross 7 would've been so much full of win had it looked like that!

But I don't really understand where the hate for mouths come from... It sounds exactly like when people heard that Optimus Prime was going to have a mouth in the first Transformers Movie. What's so unattractive/detracting about it?

The mouth hate has been around since the broadcast of Macross 7 Episode 1. There are folks who don't mind it and folks who detest it. The reason why some don't like it is because it gives the mecha a 70's "super robot" look than the "real robot" look that was popular in the 80's. Since Macross was/is considered the pinnacle of "real robot" anime, there was/is alot of rejection to the mawkishness of Macross 7 which includes the mouth and the Ronald McDonald colors of the Fire Valk.

Edited by Vifam7

Untitled-1-2.png

No love for Yui? (^.^;)

Personally, I'm not too particular about it and I'm more of the 'if it's in the show most of the time, that's how it should be' kind of guy, so mouth it is!

Actar that pic is awesome! I look forward to your review!:lol:

Keep it up. I look forward to every time I see you put up a new review on youtube.

Edited by logos

Wow, so much M7 hate. :wacko: It's been 17 years, guys, get over it already.

Not specifically M7 hate, just Basara "dislike". I cannot think of anyone in the Macross universe I like less; however, this looks like a great toy and since Yamato has given me the ability to cover up one of my least favorite parts ( the zombie/ geisha lips) it makes it much easier for me to get this one. I already have the other Mac 7 valks and I am a bit of a completionist so I am glad I can jump on the early adopter bandwagon. I did it with Bandai's VB-6 and the new SDF 1/3000 and I don't regret it.

Besides, you never know, maybe having an awesome copy of his Valk will make me like him more? :unsure:

I do hope it sells well because M7 is still largely an untapped resource and high sales could get us some of the others things we have been craving VF-11C Protect, Blazer Valk (probably gonna happen) and VFs-17 super nightmare (probably gonna happen too), but maybe even a star mirage and VF-1 whale hunter too. I don't think an invader or VF-14 would ever happen though.

The mouth hate has been around since the broadcast of Macross 7 Episode 1. There are folks who don't mind it and folks who detest it. The reason why some don't like it is because it gives the mecha a 70's "super robot" look than the "real robot" look that was popular in the 80's. Since Macross was/is considered the pinnacle of "real robot" anime, there was/is alot of rejection to the mawkishness of Macross 7 which includes the mouth and the Ronald McDonald colors of the Fire Valk.

Ah, that, I can understand. Perhaps it's because I watch a ton of Super Robot stuff (Brave Series and the like) that I'm pretty used to it. But then again, I see it as more of an ornamental/aesthetic design choice on Basara's part than anything else. Thank heavens it doesn't actually move. (^.^;)

Also, regarding the color scheme, I can understand where people are coming from, but I myself never really did get the 'Ronald McDonald' vibe from it due to the serious lack of white, stripes and a dominance of yellow. If the color scheme was flipped, yeah, I can see the Ronald McDonald. But as it is, it truly is the Fire Valkyrie in my eyes.

It's kinda like how Optimus Prime and Spiderman don't remind me of the American Flag at all due to a lack of white, stripes and stars.

Edited by Actar

Ask yourself the following questions:

1) How many VFs before Mac7 had mouths?

2) How many VFs talk?

In the Macross universe, where the military is building the valk, the mouth seems silly. I try to give Basara a pass since it's supposed to be some sort of civilian glam rock valk.

I dunno, Macross 7 in general struck me as Kawamori's way of saying " $%^&*()P)))))&^%%^& all of you, you want me to make sequel upon sequel for this brand when I want to move on? Alright HAVE AT IT, your Roy Focker is dead, you get VISUAL KEI INSTEAD!", so for trying to make an artistic expression, when I was younger I felt this was kind of a ballsy move for Kawamori and then,....pretty cool. Later I watched some of 7, meant to finish, still haven't, it's not so bad.

With that said the mouthguard comes with the toy and for that, I'm happy. Just hope the toy is molded in crimson red.