Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

I'm desperately resisting the urge to post an incredibly overused Andy Samberg picture right now. But that profile shot is quite possibly the most appropriate application of said picture I have ever seen.

If Yamato decides to start milking the possible repaints of this mold.. I may need to reconsider my finances for the next few years.

Nice!!! Now I just have to wait for a hopeful repaint of the mold as possibly the VF-19E. I acknowledge the mold is great looking, but it looked soooooo much better as the grey resin prototype. The colors really take away from an otherwise beautiful bird. Hopefully patience will pay off, because I just can't get past the color scheme. :(

Edit: forgot to ask, this was the painted resin prototype correct? If so then the color will be different and not so bright right? If so that may change my mind.^_^

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Edit: forgot to ask, this was the painted resin prototype correct? If so then the color will be different and not so bright right? If so that may change my mind.^_^

The fighter mode is a resin prototype but the gerwalk and battroid are ABS test shots.

I really want to wait until a VF-19S blazer comes out but the red is so shiny, it's making it hard to resist. :wacko: BTW, when the Blazer does come out I wonder if they're going to reuse the gunpod from the current YF-19 or give us an all new one? (I'm hopping for a new, bigger one personally.)

I admit I've never seen M7, do the Blazers gunpods look different from the Kai's? I know the function differently ie...the Kai's shoots speaker pods while the Blazers is a coventional gunpod, but do they LOOK different?

Also, I guess the final color will be different then if it's the prototype, didn't Kawamori tell Yamato the red was wrong.....even though it wasn't?wacko.gif

Chris

I admit I've never seen M7, do the Blazers gunpods look different from the Kai's? I know the function differently ie...the Kai's shoots speaker pods while the Blazers is a coventional gunpod, but do they LOOK different?

The Blazer uses the GU-15, same gunpod as the YF-19. The blazer's gunpod appears to have slightly different details, although it could just be a simplified animation model.

GU-15 from Macross 7:

vf-19-gunpod.gif

GU-15 from Macross Plus:

yf-19-gunpod.gif

Not so much a color specifically, more like the color combination's themselves.

I'm truly not sure what that means.

In less derogatory news that profile shot is great, as are the other angles of Battrodi. The Gerwalk is Meh, but as previously stated that's the weak point of the 19 (And the 21/22 actually). I'll do it once just top say I did, and then stay in the other 2 modes.

if the little brown blob is Basara i cant make it out!:) Ah well, we'll see when it arrives.

erm...after seeing the pictures, I somehow feels that the glossy paintjob suits the Fire Valkyrie...it being a flashy and showy mech belonging to a singer, as opposed to the more subtle look of military planes.

I might not like the show, but boy, I'm a sucka for the mechs! Praying I have enough fund left by the time it gonna be released. ^_^