Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

yeah, I love the way the paint won't adhere to it and flakes off and how the light reflecting off the surface shows off all the minute swirly scratches from everyday handling.

Who needs a high quality finish when you can just have the cheapest possible molds, I guess it goes well with the low quality plastic the DXs are made from.

You know what, your right. I don't know how I've never noticed any of these problems in the entire time I've owned my particular copy of the toy, and to be honest I still don't see it myself; but clearly you know more about something that I own than I do.

Clearly this is the worst atrocity ever inflicted on society; more so than the holocaust and Celine Dion combined. I'll be sure to toss mine in the trash right away before it tires to strangle me in my sleep or something.

You know what, your right. I don't know how I've never noticed any of these problems in the entire time I've owned my particular copy of the toy, and to be honest I still don't see it myself; but clearly you know more about something that I own than I do.

Clearly this is the worst atrocity ever inflicted on society; more so than the holocaust and Celine Dion combined. I'll be sure to toss mine in the trash right away before it tires to strangle me in my sleep or something.

Glad I could help you out.

Honestly, you're one of the few from what I've read here that likes the glossy plastic on the DX. More people prefer the duller look, as real fighter planes tend not to be glossy unless they're the Blue Angels. Plus, fingerprints! (and paint adhesion) I'd pay extra for a dull matte green VF-27...

Heh, and I have one of the gloss finish 1/60 YF-21 prototypes sitting at home somewhere and very nice it is too, although the gloss plastic does tend to scratch and show up the scratches easily.

Graham

I have a number of diecast models that use gloss paint and they don't chip or scratch easy. Maybe gloss paint works better on diecast? I don't know, but considering the quality plastic Yamato uses, a gloss paint job or use of glossy plastic that don't scratch easy doesn't seem that difficult.

I have a number of diecast models that use gloss paint and they don't chip or scratch easy. Maybe gloss paint works better on diecast? I don't know, but considering the quality plastic Yamato uses, a gloss paint job or use of glossy plastic that don't scratch easy doesn't seem that difficult.

it's not the paint, it's the surface it's being applied to.

diecast metal isn't a glassy surface, it's textured coming out of the mold and even when finished the sanding action will still leave an impression that allows paint to adhere. The type of paint and quality of application will affect how glossy the finished product will be.

A glossy finish on plastic, won't accept paint as readily as there's less surface texture for the paint to adhere to. And when it comes to the DX, the fact that a lot of them are still covered in mold release agent probably doesn't help the paint at all either.

The yamato q-rau uses a glossy plastic finish and I haven't heard of the paint being an issue and it doesn't seem to scratch as easily as the DX either. Though, it certainly doesn't have any paint apps that are comparable to something like a valk.

Hi guys, I’d like to know your opinion about the new Yamato VF-19’s colour. I’ve been watching the show looking for it and I found out there are four red planes in M7:

• The Basara’s VF-19Kai.

• The Milia’s VF-1J.

• The Milia's VF-22S.

• The Milia’s VF-17S.

They all share the same shade of red. So the possible questions are:

• Considering that Yamato has already released a Milia’s VF-1J which is darker than her VF-22S, should we think that the Milia’s VF-1J has been repainted since 2012 in the same red colour which is fashion all around the galaxy by 2045 and then, to be coherent with the show and what Yamato has already done of it, the VF-19Kai (and the VF-17S after that) should be the same pastel pinkish red than the Milia’s VF-22S?

• Should we think that even though all the M7 VFs were originally meant to have different shades of red there was some kind of ink variety shortage during the making of the show so they all had to be represented with the same colour? If that’s the case we could have Yamato to choose the darker VF-1J’s red of the SDF Macross show, or the brighter one utilized for the Milia’s Queadluun-Rau of the DYRL film, or any other they want…

• None of the above?

Any other options? What do you think the VF-19Kai colour should be?

Excuse me for some of the snapshots that aren’t very good due to there aren't many scenes where two red VFs are side by side.

post-12283-129428427253_thumb.jpg

post-12283-129428429224_thumb.jpg

post-12283-129428431327_thumb.jpg

post-12283-129428433491_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

Please bear in mind that those colour pics from Hyper Hobby magazine, posted on the previous page are just of the painted resin prototype.

They are NOT of an actual ABS test shot yet, so are not representative of the final product in terms of finish or colour.

The tooling is still being cut, so no ABS test shots exist yet.

Graham

Hi Graham.

Any updates about the Basara figures?

You mentioned last time that cockpit Basara won't be wearing the helmet.

Do you know if they still plan on including a standing figure?

Please bear in mind that those colour pics from Hyper Hobby magazine, posted on the previous page are just of the painted resin prototype.

They are NOT of an actual ABS test shot yet, so are not representative of the final product in terms of finish or colour.

The tooling is still being cut, so no ABS test shots exist yet.

Graham

When I was editing the pic from Hyper Hobby magazine it did look to me like it was probably the same resin prototype we had seen before.

I was just wondering which path Yamato will follow to choose its definitive colour. I actually started thinking of it when I coloured the photo you’ve probably seen some time ago –the same I use as my avatar.

I'm suprised that Yamato has not released a 2045 version of Milia's VF-1J, all they would have to do is change all of the white lines to black except the chest stripe. They would also have to change the blue stripe on the leg to black also. I am not 100% sure on this, but I thought I have read that Yamato only has rights to dynamite 7. Could someone Please shed more light on this for me? Graham maybe? Oh, forgot to also mention the Milia VF-11B Mac 7 scheme also.

I would really like to know how many Mac 7 valks I will be buying lol.

Anyways back on topic. I personally don't mind the Milia VF-22S tone of red, but I do think that it was presented in a deeper shade of red than Yamato used. I am also curious to see what the final shade will be.

Edited by Loop

I'm suprised that Yamato has not released a 2045 version of Milia's VF-1J, all they would have to do is change all of the white lines to black except the chest stripe. They would also have to change the blue stripe on the leg to black also. I am not 100% sure on this, but I thought I have read that Yamato only has rights to dynamite 7. Could someone Please shed more light on this for me? Graham maybe? Oh, forgot to also mention the Milia VF-11B Mac 7 scheme also.

I would really like to know how many Mac 7 valks I will be buying lol.

Anyways back on topic. I personally don't mind the Milia VF-22S tone of red, but I do think that it was presented in a deeper shade of red than Yamato used. I am also curious to see what the final shade will be.

Well, if they only had rights to D7, they wouldn't have been able to make Max or Milia's 22S or the VF-11C since those only appeared in M7 as far as I can recall. So if they really wanted to, I'm sure they could make Milia's 1J as it appeared in M7.

Well, if they only had rights to D7, they wouldn't have been able to make Max or Milia's 22S or the VF-11C since those only appeared in M7 as far as I can recall. So if they really wanted to, I'm sure they could make Milia's 1J as it appeared in M7.

Yeah I think your right. I think it must have been said when only Gamlin was released.

Hi Graham.

Any updates about the Basara figures?

You mentioned last time that cockpit Basara won't be wearing the helmet.

Do you know if they still plan on including a standing figure?

Not sure yet. One is planned AFAIK, but may come with the sound booster instead of the VF. I think it's still being decided.

Graham

Not sure yet. One is planned AFAIK, but may come with the sound booster instead of the VF. I think it's still being decided.

Graham

Ooooooh, so the official release is naked VF and optional upgrade set.

hmm, maybe not a bad idea to have the extras as part of the booster set, makes it cheaper to buy the original valk to start.

In any case, Graham, do you know if Yamato is considering providing a nice base, sort of like the one that came with the yf-21 ??

'fraid i prefer the 1/60 YF-19v.1 design.

i was considering waiting for a YF-19v.II based on this mold,

but it is far to squat and bulky for my taste.

i'll be getting either the VF-19v.1 or -19DN...

Lets just hope this iteration of the VF-19 can sweep its wings backwards.

That's never going to happen with a PT toy. Unless you want to have giant gouges in the leg bays.

PS. Yamato, don't switch over to the gloss finish. If I wanted a paint-scraping DX that doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection, I'd go get one from the bargain bin. Or maybe from a happy meal.

That's never going to happen with a PT toy. Unless you want to have giant gouges in the leg bays.

PS. Yamato, don't switch over to the gloss finish. If I wanted a paint-scraping DX that doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection, I'd go get one from the bargain bin. Or maybe from a happy meal.

Doable with double jointed wings but that's just me. :p

Hi guys, I’d like to know your opinion about the new Yamato VF-19’s colour. I’ve been watching the show looking for it and I found out there are four red planes in M7:

• The Basara’s VF-19Kai.

• The Milia’s VF-1J.

• The Milia's VF-22S.

• The Milia’s VF-17S.

They all share the same shade of red. So the possible questions are:

• Considering that Yamato has already released a Milia’s VF-1J which is darker than her VF-22S, should we think that the Milia’s VF-1J has been repainted since 2012 in the same red colour which is fashion all around the galaxy by 2045 and then, to be coherent with the show and what Yamato has already done of it, the VF-19Kai (and the VF-17S after that) should be the same pastel pinkish red than the Milia’s VF-22S?

• Should we think that even though all the M7 VFs were originally meant to have different shades of red there was some kind of ink variety shortage during the making of the show so they all had to be represented with the same colour? If that’s the case we could have Yamato to choose the darker VF-1J’s red of the SDF Macross show, or the brighter one utilized for the Milia’s Queadluun-Rau of the DYRL film, or any other they want…

• None of the above?

Any other options? What do you think the VF-19Kai colour should be?

Excuse me for some of the snapshots that aren’t very good due to there aren't many scenes where two red VFs are side by side.

That's odd... Your screencaps certainly seem to show that the red colour is the same for all the valks, but in my memory of watching the show originally, they were all a different shade. The VF-1 was a deep red (almost crimson), the VF-19 was a vibrant scarlet, and the V-22 was a soft red, almost borderline pink. I think Yamato did well to get the 22 the right shade as it appeared *in my memory*. I wonder why I'm seeing them all the same now. Maybe I'm going crazy.

actually there's a lot of stuff that change:

post-4286-129442548849_thumb.jpgpost-4286-12944255817_thumb.jpg

yeah, fighter mode is really different but battroid mode would look similar, the stuff that knight26 pointed out, plus the feet and the cod piece, should be the only things to really change.

The basic stuff like the shape of the chest, arms, stuff like that should be more or less similar. I think Graham said they were looking at a 40-60% change in molds if they issue the ACTIVE so it's not nearly as big of a jump as from the the YF to VF remodel for the 19.

yeah, fighter mode is really different but battroid mode would look similar, the stuff that knight26 pointed out, plus the feet and the cod piece, should be the only things to really change.

The basic stuff like the shape of the chest, arms, stuff like that should be more or less similar. I think Graham said they were looking at a 40-60% change in molds if they issue the ACTIVE so it's not nearly as big of a jump as from the the YF to VF remodel for the 19.

I think the big thing is it's not just new feet but entirely new legs from the knee down. but yeah, it's a lot less work than getting a VF-19 out of a YF-19 (probably more like a VF-0D from a VF-0A)

Edited by anime52k8

According to http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-19custom.htm the VF-19KAI is 15.48m height (without sensor fin) in battroid mode. If this data is correct and Yamato is planning to respect its size at 1/60 scale, the resultant 25.8cm toy will be massive!!!

I edited these two pictures to get the size of the toys to 25.8cm (from the base of the left heel to the top of the head) if you look at them in actual size. I have to say I’m pretty amazed. Graham, you are the lucky guy that has had the opportunity of handling the prototype; it was big, wasn’t it?

post-12283-129444648683_thumb.jpg

post-12283-129444652304_thumb.jpg