Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Damn he just pulled another VF-0A! Wonder if the real color according to Kawamori is gloss crimson red.

Who knows, it could even be green for all we know. :wacko:

I prefer TV version or the darkest shade of red shown.

But the TV version was the brightest shade shown...

Apparently, they took this painted prototype over to BigWest, who promptly said "That's not the colour, change it!" Even though Yamato had matched it to what appears onscreen in the show. Then they showed Kawamori, who said "Yeah, that's the colour in the SHOW... buuuuuut it's not the REAL colour, sorry!" So now Yamato is at a loss and has resorted to just displaying samples and asking for opinions from people like us.

So, they bitched it wasn't the right color but didn't give Yamato an idea what it actually was? That's... the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I don't like what you have but I'm not going to tell you what I like!

So, they bitched it wasn't the right color but didn't give Yamato an idea what it actually was? That's... the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I don't like what you have but I'm not going to tell you what I like!

You didn't know? Big West is a girl.

Holly Crap I just saw an Orgas valk. Yamato is doing Orgus!!!!! holly crap!

Heh, I drew that. :D Yamato was like: "Oh...yeah. THAT thing."

Then this other (non-Yamato) guy and I debated the transformation: "No, the arms are between the legs in Gerwalk and stowed in Flyer mode!" "Oh are they? Oh, yeah!" Then h whipped out his iPhone and started playing THE SHADOW CHRONICLES ON IT so I promptly left.

:lol:

I love this beast. BOMBA!

I was gonna comment on the horrible gaps on the knees until I noticed those are black paint. lol.

It looks pretty durable and actually playable. I hope this is the case.

Edited by wolfx

I need a VF-19FIRE for my Macross collection, any suggestion? ;)

The Yamato sculpt blows away the Bandai in every way except for the feet (the Yamato's are a little small to me).

Also, the Yamato will have such extravagant luxuries as landing gear and a gunpod that will actually attach in fighter mode. :rolleyes:

Also, the Yamato will have such extravagant luxuries as landing gear and a gunpod that will actually attach in fighter mode. :rolleyes:

Yes, but will it be straight? :)

Also, it will be roughly $150 more expensive (guessing) than the Bandai so that might be something to consider.

The Bandai's got a decent price though.

For an incomplete toy. You need to pay through the nose for stupid limited sets with things like landing and FISTS, etc. if you want a proper toy of the 19.

For an incomplete toy. You need to pay through the nose for stupid limited sets with things like landing and FISTS, etc. if you want a proper toy of the 19.

I wasn't aware that my Hi Metal VF-19 that can transform into fighter, gerwalk, and battroid modes was both incomplete and improper. Damn. That sucks.

Anybody know if this will have some sort of chest locking mechanism or something? Also, still haven't heard if the hand plates will be changed from being all red to only the "grate" part being red...

I can see in the CAD drawings that the chest plate is locked by sliding the neck base forward when transforming into battroid mode. It is also locked in gerwalk mode by the two pegs on the inner side of the wing gloves.

Don´t worry about the hand plates. We have only seen pictures of the painted resin prototype and it still lacks some detail. Due to the fact that the hand plates are indeed correctly sculpted, even if Yamato releases the toy with all red hand plates it would be very easy to change it as I have done with Photoshop in a picture. See http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32377&view=findpost&p=883402 and http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32377&view=findpost&p=883385.