Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Nice!!! Now I just have to wait for a hopeful repaint of the mold as possibly the VF-19E. I acknowledge the mold is great looking, but it looked soooooo much better as the grey resin prototype. The colors really take away from an otherwise beautiful bird. Hopefully patience will pay off, because I just can't get past the color scheme. :(

Edit: forgot to ask, this was the painted resin prototype correct? If so then the color will be different and not so bright right? If so that may change my mind.^_^

Chris

Me too agree that the dark grey prototype looks great.

I am still not into the clownish red yellow scheme. <_<

I gotta say i think the GU-15 is the best Macross gunpod to date.

I'm wondering if the toy will be as glossy in the retail toy. Somehow I doubt it because the YF-21 was also showed off with a glossy paint job at first. As for the colour of the red I really hope they go with the darker red. The valk already looks good but I think a nice deep red (not too dark though) would take it to the next level.

In fighter mode they are fine but in battroid it looks too small IMO.

If you're comparing to the stylized cartoonish line art designs of Mac 7, you may have a point. Almost all the valks have exaggerated feet. But geez, I dunno. The F mode of the VF-19 already has more junk in the trunk than any other valk design I can think of off the top of my head. If the feet get any bigger it's going to have problems getting off the runway.

im sure the color is not the final if you look careful the pic you can see little parts in grey so is only a paint prototype

Yamato has already indicated that even though being anime accurate this is not the definitive colour. Apparently, Mr. Kawamori and BigWest have requested Yamato to change the colour without saying which one would be the right one. That’s why Yamato asked the attendees to their Open Showroom held at their offices last month about their preferences regarding the 5 possible shades of red they displayed alongside the painted resin prototype.

post-12283-129714756573_thumb.jpg

I had fun looking at the pictures of 2011 Wonfes at Flickr. But you don’t need to look for them; I’ve done it for you. Enjoy this and more…

post-12283-129714344363_thumb.jpg

:o damn, I think I just drooled on my keyboard.

Out of the different shades of red from the pic above, I'd go for something between shade 3 and shade 4. However, if I had to pic one of those, I may have to go with the #3. It's a little bit washed, not so bright red in color, and has a bit more of a weathered look. That would've been my response.

Out of the different shades of red from the pic above, I'd go for something between shade 3 and shade 4. However, if I had to pic one of those, I may have to go with the #3. It's a little bit washed, not so bright red in color, and has a bit more of a weathered look. That would've been my response.

That would be similar to the VF-22S Miria custom and consistent with the anime, where both VF-22S & VF-19KAI share the same shade of red.

post-12283-129718956215_thumb.jpg

On the other hand though.. I really don't want the fire valk the same shade as the VF-22. I'm perfectly happy chalking that screenshot up to the fact that they probably used one red ink for both planes out of practicality.

While it might look pinkish in some shots, I think that's more from trying to look metallic than actually being that light. (pic got removed, I'll look for a better one later at home)

While yes, red military aircraft usually do wind up looking faded like the VF-22, considering it's a performance oriented aircraft, I think they should be aiming more for something like this:

2b7a290f-d090-4652-b380-56e1684fcf00.JPG

Edited by Chronocidal

On the other hand though.. I really don't want the fire valk the same shade as the VF-22. I'm perfectly happy chalking that screenshot up to the fact that they probably used one red ink for both planes out of practicality.

I actually agree. I made a comment about this at http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32377&view=findpost&p=889880 some time ago. I like the colours of your first pic, the red and yellow shades look right to me.

Edited by Reïvaj

Personally, I would say either 4 or 5. This is the FIRE valk; it should be the most crazy bright, poppy read possible. Of course this whole correct color mess has me worried about how the blazer's blue will turn out.

Bandai made the toy, BW approved it, just copy the color from Bandai. Seems an easy problem to solve. I don't think BW can really cry foul over using the color they've already approved.

maybe BW and Yamato want to do a better job this time around? They let a lot of things go on Bandai's version afterall... ^_^

I like the darker colors all around myself.

I feel this is an Oprah-moment. "You're gonna get a ban. You're gonna get a ban. You're gonna get a ban. You're all gonna get a ban."

Now if you 2 wanna continue this, then by all means, please do. But then I'd have to have to issue suspensions or bans.

Get back to the toy.

maybe BW and Yamato want to do a better job this time around? They let a lot of things go on Bandai's version afterall... ^_^

I like the darker colors all around myself.

I like darker colors too but considering all the stuff that's 'not cool' in Macross7 I think it'd be silly to make the toy darker because that looks cooler. This thing has lips for christ's sake. I say it's time to man up and embrace this in all it's MacDowell's goofy glory. Make it bright red, make it bright yellow, and let it be here and .....

On the other end of things, you have this:

3396-attachment.jpg

I would love to see it looking like THAT. Reïvaj's avatar is my next obvious choice.

How would the happy meal colors look with Yamato's usual matte finish?

I like darker colors too but considering all the stuff that's 'not cool' in Macross7 I think it'd be silly to make the toy darker because that looks cooler. This thing has lips for christ's sake. I say it's time to man up and embrace this in all it's MacDowell's goofy glory. Make it bright red, make it bright yellow, and let it be here and .....

Are you trying to say that robot faces and singing aren't cool? :huh:

Edited by anime52k8

I like darker colors too but considering all the stuff that's 'not cool' in Macross7 I think it'd be silly to make the toy darker because that looks cooler. I say it's time to man up and embrace this in all it's MacDowell's goofy glory. Make it bright red, make it bright yellow, and let it be here and .....

QFT

Yamato has already indicated that even though being anime accurate this is not the definitive colour. Apparently, Mr. Kawamori and BigWest have requested Yamato to change the colour without saying which one would be the right one. That’s why Yamato asked the attendees to their Open Showroom held at their offices last month about their preferences regarding the 5 possible shades of red they displayed alongside the painted resin prototype.

I like #5.

Question, in the show does the Kai's lips/mouth actually move or is it just a stylised fixed posed mouth?

Chris

God, that would have been AWESOME! The hate M7 gets would have multiplied by ten :lol:

Still the resin proto (needs a stand, paint chips) but we finally see the missile gimick. Looks so cool and yet so simple.