Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Man that thing is just beautiful. From the sculpt to the paint, to my eye, it looks perfect. I hope we get a release date soon, I will be anticipating it greatly.

Also the VF-11C looks really nice in those pics. Makes me wish it was included in the current Yamato sale at HLJ...

i like how the shoulder speakers open up.

Is it me, or the only thing the white VF-11 did in MAcross 7 was blow up every 2 seconds in the battle scenes.

sadly, yes. they do blow up every 2 seconds in the battle scenes.

Now I've been known to be a Fire Kai hater, but even I have to say the fig looks gorgeous. It's appropriately glossy like in the anime, and the extra bulk looks good on it.

Dunno if I might put down any money for a design I've always disliked [VERY tempted to buy it, though], but it'd look pretty darn sweet retooled as a Blazer or a YF-19.

ARGH!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it and transform it while having TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART blasting away in the background. d(~.')

For me, the Fire Valk is looking simply amazing. However, I am curious as to what the panels are at the bottom section of the chest are all about. Would have preferred it to have been smooth like the YF-19 or Bandai's Hi-Metal...

Edited by Actar

I'm sure the sound booster will be coming next for $95.00.

Is it me, or the only thing the white VF-11 did in MAcross 7 was blow up every 2 seconds in the battle scenes.

Except Gamlin's.

The Fire Valkyrie is calling for a Syvil figure with clear stand.

How else are we supposed to create the Anime Spirita scenes?

Is Yamato going to include speaker pods?

I never got into the Macross 7 storyline, nor am I a fan of this color scheme, but I do like the design. It would be nice if Yamato entertained a "no paint" or low-vis" approach to this design somewhere down the line. I think they'd sway more of the "on the fence" customers.

Edited by Ahab

I never got into the Macross 7 storyline, nor am I a fan of this color scheme, but I do like the design. It would be nice if Yamato entertained a "no paint" or low-vis" approach to this design somewhere down the line. I think they'd sway more of the "on the fence" customers.

Yup, as it stands with this color I will not be buying one of these. Red and Yellow are two colors I dislike the most, combining them does nothing for this Valk for me. I'd love to support the work but I don't want to own this color scheme at all.

Yup, as it stands with this color I will not be buying one of these. Red and Yellow are two colors I dislike the most, combining them does nothing for this Valk for me. I'd love to support the work but I don't want to own this color scheme at all.

Mm... That's kind of a shame. For me, red and yellow are some of my favorite colors, signifying FIRE, COURAGE, DANGER, LEADERSHIP, etc...

...have to agree with a few others that the colors don't do much for me despite the obvious effort Yamato put into the design. Also, in the interests of full disclosure I've never watched anything Macross 7 so I don't have a "connection" with any of the related Valks.

BUT the model fighter mode posted above looks damn good, and if the Yamato has the same curb-appeal (understanding the aesthetic differences of model vs. toy) that then I'll gladly pick one up.

-b.

It seems this is not the final colour.

For some reason they're not in the photos, but on the shelf in front of the Fire Valk, there were four pieces (which happen to be the calf covers of the 1/24 Ingram) coloured in various shades of red (though all very similar at first glance). When I asked a Yamato employee about them, he said that they were colour tests for the Valkyrie.

Apparently, they took this painted prototype over to BigWest, who promptly said "That's not the colour, change it!" Even though Yamato had matched it to what appears onscreen in the show. Then they showed Kawamori, who said "Yeah, that's the colour in the SHOW... buuuuuut it's not the REAL colour, sorry!" So now Yamato is at a loss and has resorted to just displaying samples and asking for opinions from people like us.

I found it funny that BW has given the OK to commence production of things that don't look anything like a Valkyrie (Revoltechs?), but they get hang up on colours. :lol: Also, Save: "Didn't you know that there is supposed to be a giant ball joint in the chest?? Re-design!!"

This is one of my more highly anticipated toys of the year. I'm very happy with the way the sculpt looks. Can't wait till they have even more pics of it in the near future. Thanks for putting up the pics.

holy comoly, this is fantastic, i want it!!!!

I can't wait to see the repaints either.

It's been mentioned that there may be a V3 YF-19 from this mold. I think that will kick some major @ss. The more I see of this new VF-19, the more I like it! Yamato is going to have a real big hit on their hands!

hough all very similar at first glance). When I asked a Yamato employee about them, he said that they were colour tests for the Valkyrie.

Apparently, they took this painted prototype over to BigWest, who promptly said "That's not the colour, change it!" Even though Yamato had matched it to what appears onscreen in the show. Then they showed Kawamori, who said "Yeah, that's the colour in the SHOW... buuuuuut it's not the REAL colour, sorry!" So now Yamato is at a loss and has resorted to just displaying samples and asking for opinions from people like us.

Damn he just pulled another VF-0A! Wonder if the real color according to Kawamori is gloss crimson red.