Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

My friend in Japan was very skeptical that Yamato was going to hit a June release date well before their current disasters (which is fine by me... so many other things going on right now). I think, like the V2 VF-1, I will be very impressed by this toy but find a few things I wish they did differently.

Crossing fingers this thing does not have a dreaded shoulder issue like some of the V2 1/60 VF-1's had. I want ratchets all.over.this.toy.

Do you think Yamato, Bandai and the other toys companies can be recovered in a time short time after the earthquake for their products to be on schedule.

Bandai seems to be doing okay. Some (6 to be exact) items were delayed for a week or so. And we have a dozen of new items announced this week.

Do you think Yamato, Bandai and the other toys companies can be recovered in a time short time after the earthquake for their products to be on schedule.

Other than logistical issues, or the usual teething problems inherent in the manufacture and introduction of a new line, I don't see why there should be a change to the scheduled release date... aren't Yamato's producs made in chinese factories?

I too, am a little bummed out about the super high price, but I'll just save a few more lunches out to get it. I am liking the little features, and will probably spur me onto putting up a M7 display section when I start doing my "Macross Room". Probably won't be that big, but this seems definitely like a show piece.

I missed it at first, but apparently the Sound Booster will cost 8610 yen! :o

With no signs of light-and-sound gimmicks, that's steep... :(

That's almost like buying a 1/60 CD 1A at hlj on the spring sale with EMS shipping. At some point, they're gonna break the point where the price just turns most people off, and they don't make a return on their product. This, to me, is very close.

I missed it at first, but apparently the Sound Booster will cost 8610 yen! :o

With no signs of light-and-sound gimmicks, that's steep... :(

Wow, that means that those that want to purchase both the sound booster and the valk itself will most likely be paying upwards of $400 to get it.

That is fairly insane.....

That's almost like buying a 1/60 CD 1A at hlj on the spring sale with EMS shipping. At some point, they're gonna break the point where the price just turns most people off, and they don't make a return on their product. This, to me, is very close.

It's like...

MAXIMUM PROFIT: HASSHIN!

Edited by charger69

I imagine these designs already put a lot of people off. The steep price is probably meant to offset that. I certainly don't see the newer releases stacked as plentifully as they were back in the early 2000's, so it's a safe bet that even production numbers have dwindled as it is. Add to that the usual "ugh a valk with a face!" reaction and you're looking at a mark-up, even without all the extra gimmicks they added.

Oh, and apparently Kawamori took one look at the opening cockpit hatch for Battroid and said, "wow, you can add 4000 yen to the price just for that, bwahahaha!" I guess they took that to heart..? :lol::wacko:

Give them a chance and they will at some time have them in by April. Which gives me a chance to start saving up by putting away some money onto my paypal account, I also got pre-orders on HLJ and Ami Ami.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Some new official information at http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?infolnk=index

It looks like the Kai has gone for factory sample revision.

Look also http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1841 for the new pictures.

post-12283-0-13533800-1301685240_thumb.jpg

Although for some reason the colour quality of the new pics is really bad (compare them with the old ones) the toy itself looks just perfect IMO.

Some new official information at http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?infolnk=index

It looks like the Kai has gone for factory sample revision.

Although for some reason the colour quality of the new pics is really bad (compare them with the old ones) the toy itself looks just perfect IMO.

Graham or Reivaj - I asked about this before but now the vf-19 is so close to being in production I'm kind of worried. Shouldn't the "back of the hand" armor plates be black, with the "grate" portion be red only (like it is in the anime)?

With the stress on everything being official (like the color of the valk) shouldn't this be too?

Edited by AlphaOne

I'm sure because of Basara's popularity this thing will sell like gang-busters because it looks like an excellent toy. I hope and pray Yamato makes some color variants however because I still can't bring myself to buy something this color.

Hot DAMN that is looking good. :o

Graham. Did Yamato not decide to make the intake covers removable? :wacko:

This is only speculation, but they do not look removable at all looking at the photos zoomed in.

I don't recall ever seeing the 19 Kai without them on though.