Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Eh, more valks might be nice, but can I just say OMG FINALLY SOME FREAKIN' MISSILES. :p 

I'll probably try and get at least one YF-19, maybe two, but I've already got two VF-19 Advanced, one Yamato, and three Arcadias. :lol: 

The 1/48 VF-1J... ehhhh.... maybe.  My single Yamato 1/48 is also the Hikaru VF-1J, so it might be fun to place them side by side, but I'm hopeful it really will be a one-off sort of deal.

Edited by Chronocidal

31 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

If they are gonna do a new and improved 1:48 toy, I hope they go all out and do it properly... I'd be in for one as a centerpiece, but I'm surprised they wouldn't do a VF-1S Focker to start off with. Ohh and I cringe thinking about the price of this thing!!!

Probably because VF-1J can be easily used for repaints!

I hope this is a larger scale, such as the 1:35 instead.

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

Lolz, the 1/48 Yamato is from 2002... You think it's going to compete?

Design-wise, probably not (the hanging shoulders especially), but I still prefer the Yamato/Arcadia style and proportions over every Bandai VF-1 produced thus far.

Edited by Chronocidal

Although I would have preferred the 1/35th Anniversary VF-1J....I'll gladly take a downsized version as long as it looks like that prototype from 2015 and has enough gimmicks to cement itself as the Mother of all VF-1's for a while.....

We are due for an update on the VF-1 DX scaled version.....but there is no way it will be the 1/48 version long-term.....if this thing gets released....I expect it to be downsized one more time to 1/60-ish with everything Bandai learns from the larger released squeeze into it.....

It's like 2002 all over again and Bandai's still firmly in possession Yamato's mojo! ^_^

Edited by jvmacross

w00000000000000000tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Excited for both, I know folks love the Hi Metal R line but for me they're too small. If Bandai is really going to do a DX Chogokin VF-1 line then I am all in (I reserve the right to change my opinion if they're $$$$$$).

And more VF/YF-19's are always welcome.

-b.

7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Although I would have preferred the 1/35th Anniversary VF-1J....I'll gladly take a downsized version as long as it looks like that prototype from 2015 and has enough gimmicks to cement itself as the Mother of all VF-1's for a while.....

We are due for an update on the VF-1 DX scaled version.....but there is no way it will be the 1/48 version long-term.....if this thing gets released....I expect it to be downsized one more time to 1/60-ish with everything Bandai learns from the larger released squeeze into it.....

It's like 2002 all over again and Bandai's still firmly in possession Yamato's mojo! ^_^

Hmm perhaps bandai doesnt want to be too like arcadia and hence the 1/48th scale.

If bandai prices the 1/48th at arcadia 1/60th prices (due to economies of scale), that would hit arcadia hard...

Actually.. I don't see them producing that many in 1/48 at all.  I'd think part of what has made the HMRs successful is the smaller size, and the easier storage and display. 

Sure, there are 1/48 scale models it can be displayed with, and that's great, but I don't think larger scales are all that popular in Japan in general.

1/48 scale would work me, as I have other mecha in that scale too compared to 1/35 where I have nothing.

I really hope that Bandai as a "robot company" really pours all their engineering effort into Battroid mode. After 30 years I don't think we have really ever come close. I would really like to see this mode with as minimal compromises to gaps, alignment and proportions as possible. How to put it - Battroid should look "natural".

Edited by lechuck

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

It would be cool if the DX VF-1J was around 1/60 scale.  I wouldn’t mind if they milked the mold to release the pair of DX VF-1EX’s as well.

I’d still buy a 1/35 VF-1J too.

Honestly, I'd prefer it in-scale with the rest of the Macross 1/60s as well.

15 minutes ago, eriku said:

I am definitely looking forward to this.  I've wanted to see what Bandai could do with a larger scaled Valkyrie for YEARS.  Itching to get my preorder in.

I think we're all excited but... don't get too excited.  It seems like this thing has a history of... not being being made.

Hopefully we'll get a release date soon (besides "2018").