Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

I wonder why they didn't make em removable?

They were shown without them plenty of times in the series.

I'm pretty certain it's because that area is now taken up with the mechanism for moving the LERX down for battroid mode.

I'm pretty certain it's because that area is now taken up with the mechanism for moving the LERX down for battroid mode.

Yes, that's the reason; it's a new hip technology that doesn't leave much room for intakes as you can see in the black sample picture. The designer expressly apologizes for that in the newest article at Yamato's site. It's a real shame but I guess he did consider the valk is in battroid mode most of the show and that's with the covers on.

I'm sure it comes from the fact that the hips aren't ball jointed; they actually have a double pivot. The hinge to push the legs outward would have to be directly through the intake area.

Guess I'm a little sad at not having that feature, but then again, I never take the intake covers off any of my valks anyway. Always bugs me how the intakes aren't deep enough, so I just hide them to begin with. :p

I really want to like it, but the feet really kills the battroid mode for me, it just looks too off. I know it's so that fighter mode looks right, but the Bandai Hi-metal does it better in the foot department. Might get it if it goes on sale, though.

i think this pic pretty much confirms it.

post-8437-0-45248700-1305328712_thumb.jpg

Yeah, you're right. B)) Excellent.

I really want to like it, but the feet really kills the battroid mode for me, it just looks too off. I know it's so that fighter mode looks right, but the Bandai Hi-metal does it better in the foot department. Might get it if it goes on sale, though.

That's because the Hi-metal's feet have a narrower range of motion. Not a problem in battroid, but the Gerwalk suffers.

After a while, I don't remove the intake covers. It's nice to know that they can come off but it's not a deal breaker. It's just a cool factor. Same with removable missiles... it's just more bits to keep up with. As long as the toy looks good in all modes and it doesn't fall apart in my hands.

Should be out of hospital today and will start on the review tomorrow.

This toy really gets a 10 out of 10 from me.

For those asking why the NUNS stickers, they are from the VF-19 variants from the Variable Fighter Master File book.

And yes, Yamato put a lot of love into this toy.

Graham

It looks great but sadly will have to pass to simply say to yamato that the price is not ok.

Just saying, it's impossible to get a good toy with accurate proportions, perfect transformation, gimmicks and good build quality at a low price. Especially in this day and age where manufacturing costs are through the roof. Basically, you pay for what you get. (^.^;)

Edited by Actar

Should be out of hospital today and will start on the review tomorrow.

This toy really gets a 10 out of 10 from me.

For those asking why the NUNS stickers, they are from the VF-19 variants from the Variable Fighter Master File book.

And yes, Yamato put a lot of love into this toy.

Graham

While that's nice and all.....the color is still bright red and yellow so what's the point?

Chris

It seems like it will require some parts swapping. The black chunk on the middle should have a panel covering it.

Nonetheless, I'm loving absolutely everything about this. I do hope that no issues would come, considering this is a first-of-its-kind release.

It seems like it will require some parts swapping. The black chunk on the middle should have a panel covering it.

Nonetheless, I'm loving absolutely everything about this. I do hope that no issues would come, considering this is a first-of-its-kind release.

Yes, there are numerous removable covers and option arm shield to make the transformation accurate. It's been revealed couple pages back.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_094/

While that's nice and all.....the color is still bright red and yellow so what's the point?

Chris

The point is, is that for Graham, it's a 10 out of 10, and pretty accurate for what was in Mac 7.

The point is, is that for Graham, it's a 10 out of 10, and pretty accurate for what was in Mac 7.

As Raptor One said.... I was refering to the stickers in the post I quoted.

Chris

I told myself I would wait till it went on sale, but I'm gonna have to order this one, looks too good.

Me too. While not a fan of the color scheme, I can admit that this really does look quite nice.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

それはともかく、今回のパイロットフィギュアは勿論「バサラ」フィギュアです。しかもタンクトップ!

なぜタンクトップなのか?

気まぐれとステージ衣装を見すぎた反動でしょうか・・・。

ステージ衣装ver.は他の機体か何かで検討中。

Translated:

...Anyway, the pilot figure this time is, of course, a "Basara" figure! And in a tank top! Why a tank top, you ask? Well, it's a combination of "we just felt like it" and a "we're sick of seeing the stage outfit all the time" backlash.

We are mulling over a stage outfit version to include with either some other fighter or something else.

B))

Edited by Renato

That's one impressive looking toy; however, there is one thing that really bugs me about it, and that's the gloss finish. Don't get me wrong, gloss is entirely appropriate to the flamboyant nature of Basara's VF-19 Kai, but it means that the mold cavities of Yamato's tools for the VF-19 are highly polished in order to achieve that finish and since the Blazer shares all but a few components with the Kai it stands to reason that the VF-19F and S, when they get released, will be gloss also... not cool for a military spec fighter and won't match the finish of any of the other Yamato VFs, including the other M7 ones. I may be wrong and Yamato may decide to acid etch the molds by the time they produce the Blazers, but that would preclude them from offering re-releases of the Kay in gloss after surface finish changes are made for the Blazers (In this case the first run of the Kai would be the only one in gloss as polishing mold cavities, then having them etched, and then re-polishing would be ridiculous for any manufacturer).

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here and I'm just engaging in pure speculation, but knowing how plastic molding tools work, and what is involved in getting from a product specification to a final product that meets it, I find myself wondering how Yamato will handle the transition from Kai to everything else that shares molds with it.

I want to get the Blazers, but if they are released in gloss I'll pass.

Amazing stuff, but I feel like an idiot - I actually prefer that YF-19 in all three modes...

i admit, i feel pretty much the same, though from a purely technical standpoint,

this YAMATO Kai design is a DAMN FINE work of technical art.

i still personally prefer the feel of the original YF-19 toy,

but that does not diminish my appreciation of the technical virtuosity at work here.

it's just too damned bad that it has to be a work of high-tech art

that also happens to look like a $300.00 POWER RANGERS TOY, ohmygawd.

sorry, that's a rather pointy and specific hurdle that people like me just cannot seem to get over,

no matter how awesome the basic design is, and is IS one AWESOME basic design.

say, is there anyone around here that might be willing to sell me their YF-19?

please follow this link if you are interested;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35048

oh, and what exactly does "LERX" mean?

first time i ever herd the term was during a discussion of the MAC.ZERO VF-0 series.

i had pretty much assumed that it was something specific to that design, and had left it at that.

one final thing; does anyone know why YAMATO seems incapable of using

the original SDF MACROSS logomark on the packaging of their VF-1 products?

i can see from the -19Kai packaging that they appear to be fully

capable of using the MAC.7 logomark however they wish, so what's up with SDF MAC.?

Edited by Shaorin

It' a term that means Leading Edge Root eXtension. It describes the area where the wing's front part (leading edge)is given an increased area or extension where it connects to the fuselage. F/A-18's, F-16's, Su-27's are good examples of modern military aircraft with pronounced LERX's.

Chris

thanks, man. :)

so snap! from shizouka. video demo of the kai! he only transforms it to gerwalk though :(

OKAY, i have to admit it, despite myself, I AM IMPRESSED.

it's quite clear to me now, that, while this "toy" most certainly looks the part,

with the aforementioned color scheme/Kai-specific features and all that good stuff,

it is, in actuality, an honest to goodness "Anastasia"

it's quite obvious, to my eye, from watching that Yammie spokesman handle it,

that this is a "fine precision scale model" that functions rather like a fine Swiss watch.

witnessing it's mechanism in action is breathtakingly beautiful, really.

i wanted to reach in there and take the model into my own two hands, it's "handling" looked so fine to me... :o

despite myself, i am beginning to see why some of you are so excited.

static photos simply aren't doing this thing justice.

bear in mind, i still prefer and want to own a YF-19 1/60v.I, but i am nonetheless in awe...

Edited by Shaorin

one final thing; does anyone know why YAMATO seems incapable of using

the original SDF MACROSS logomark on the packaging of their VF-1 products?

I don't know why they don't use it more, but they are not incapable because they have used it in some boxes in the past, here's the 1/48 GBP box:

post-1318-0-97693400-1305506541_thumb.jpg