Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

i admit, i feel pretty much the same, though from a purely technical standpoint,

this YAMATO Kai design is a DAMN FINE work of technical art.

i still personally prefer the feel of the original YF-19 toy,

but that does not diminish my appreciation of the technical virtuosity at work here.

it's just too damned bad that it has to be a work of high-tech art

that also happens to look like a $300.00 POWER RANGERS TOY, ohmygawd.

sorry, that's a rather pointy and specific hurdle that people like me just cannot seem to get over,

no matter how awesome the basic design is, and is IS one AWESOME basic design.

say, is there anyone around here that might be willing to sell me their YF-19?

please follow this link if you are interested;

http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=35048

oh, and what exactly does "LERX" mean?

first time i ever herd the term was during a discussion of the MAC.ZERO VF-0 series.

i had pretty much assumed that it was something specific to that design, and had left it at that.

one final thing; does anyone know why YAMATO seems incapable of using

the original SDF MACROSS logomark on the packaging of their VF-1 products?

i can see from the -19Kai packaging that they appear to be fully

capable of using the MAC.7 logomark however they wish, so what's up with SDF MAC.?

The also used the UN spacy kite on the 1/3000 scale SDF-1 Macross.

Edit - I misunderstood, I think you were referring to the actual title logo.

Edited by Loop

Looking forward to Graham's review.

Meanwhile, let's share some pics by B_A_T_. I have to say these are some of the best pics I've ever seen in a toy's gallery. And Yamato, I don't know what to say, maybe just WOW!

post-12283-0-15152600-1305587168_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-22253600-1305587190_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-05678100-1305587203_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-03942800-1305587329_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-15216500-1305587402_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-38732400-1305587435_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-86853800-1305587519_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-44883500-1305587535_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-47252200-1305587563_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-26389700-1305587707_thumb.jpg

BOMMMMBAAAAAAAAAA! Totsugeki Love Heart and all that goodness. This is Masterpiece!!! I absolutely love it. Such an awesome valk for combat, if only Basara was down for that. He'll be the baddest passive valk ever made. :p

Is Yamato going to the engineering from the Kai to make newer versions of the Yf-19?

Don't think anybogy here knows for certain, as it's going to require extensive remolding. We'll mostly likely see the blazer though.

Muuuuuuuust resist...

...keep telling myself...

...it'll eventually be discounted at HLJ.

:(

Okay after seeing this I am having trouble keeping my jaw off the floor. I even noticed that it can hold the gunpod err.. soundpod with both hands, something the three YF-19's could not do. they really reworked the arms, If they make a v.2 YF-19 I'm selling the other two I got.But one question, what is up with those sticks for ankles connected to the feet, Would they be to fragile when puling them out?

BOMMMMBAAAAAAAAAA! Totsugeki Love Heart and all that goodness. This is Masterpiece!!! I absolutely love it. Such an awesome valk for combat, if only Basara was down for that. He'll be the baddest passive valk ever made. :p

this! :lol:

What a toy!

Thanks Yamato for the incredible progress you have made since you first started the crappy 1/72 YF-19 back in 2000.

Took Yamato 11 years to reach perfection. 11 years of producing average Macross toys at ridiculous prices, but we as loyal fans bought the toys until someday Yamato could give us the best Macross transformable toy. This day has finally come.

I thought Bandai was the only company capable of this kind of toy engineering, I was wrong. Now bring us a new YF-19 and I will consider my money well spent.

Muuuuuuuust resist...

...keep telling myself...

...it'll eventually be discounted at HLJ.

:(

had to do a double-take... i thought you said "discontinued"...

i'm w/ you there... doesn't have to be discounted like the 22s recently were, but I definitely want to pay less than the $250+ (w/ s/h) it's going for right now.

gotta stop reading eugimon's posts... ;)

Well I just ponied up and sent my money... seeing that charge on the credit card statement will definitely help reduce my enthusiasm... let's hope this toy kicks major tail. Of course, I'll be sharing my opinions with you all -

What a toy!

Thanks Yamato for the incredible progress you have made since you first started the crappy 1/72 YF-19 back in 2000.

Took Yamato 11 years to reach perfection. 11 years of producing average Macross toys at ridiculous prices, but we as loyal fans bought the toys until someday Yamato could give us the best Macross transformable toy. This day has finally come.

I thought Bandai was the only company capable of this kind of toy engineering, I was wrong. Now bring us a new YF-19 and I will consider my money well spent.

Wait till we get an arm breakage report shortly after release... sorry, I couldn't help it :D