DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Glad they announced this before the YF-29 went on sale; It was starting to look cool but I'd much rather have a VF-25. I don't even want to think about how much of pain it will be to get all the armor versions though. :wacko:

Glad they announced this before the YF-29 went on sale; It was starting to look cool but I'd much rather have a VF-25. I don't even want to think about how much of pain it will be to get all the armor versions though. :wacko:

Yeah, I'm not going to start collecting the 25 and the so many variants. Waiting for the VF-171 though.

I only got the DX 25G and it has everything a poorly designed toy can have: lose joint, bad articulation, paint chip, part that keep falls off, bent rifle, missing paint on one of the knee, gaps everywhere.....

I hope they put at least all the improvement on the 29 to 25.

Awesome!!!! the 25 series is one of my favorites and I passed on the v.1 due to it's horrible sculpt.....much less what we learned later about it's QC. Glad I can finally get a descent VF-25....(hopefully)

Chris

Borrowed from:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-157827-1-1.html

ap_20110623041542496.jpg?ib_____Dbbzdg7Fn

So it is confirmed that DX VF-25 version 2 is on the way!

YES!!!!!!!!

I passed on the V1's because of the chock full of fail that was the sculpt, never mind all the other issues they ended up having. PLEASE have the legs lock into place in fighter mode and actually sit up where they're supposed to this time...pretty please?!

-Kyp

This news doesn't surprise me at all. Interview articles in the hobby magazines from months past were hinting that Bandai was thinking of doing a vers2.0. The success and positive reviews of the VF-27 was probably key.

For those who want to know - it says on the bottom left box :

(rough translation]

A new evolution to the DX Chogokin VF-25 Messaiah!?

As we enjoy the evolvement of the DX Chogokin Valkyries, in response to numerous calls for a improved VF-25 in the future, there is now news that an all new design VF-25 chogokin is in the works. Details to come in the next issue!

Sweeet, my day has just been made. Assuming they can manufacture some decent super and armor packs, and the quality starts staying on the non-facepalm side of the scale, I WILL be collecting these. I've been aching for an armored Ozma a long time, but could never stand paying for something with that many inherent structural problems.

I'll probably still get a YF-29 too eventually, once I get back to my own apartment and have room for it, and hopefully once it goes on sale.

As much as I wish they'd just made the VF-25s well from the start, I don't feel too bad about getting two of the originals. Having those will mean that somewhere down the road, when my kids see all the cool toys I have, I'll have a pair I don't feel bad letting them play with.

Hopefully they take a hint from Yamato this time around though, and milk those molds for all they're worth (without making every freaking bonus feature web a exclusive). I want to see some of the tribute schemes people have come up with, especially that Klan VF-25S. :)

I should have learned this from my experiences with the first release VF-0 so long ago, but it seems as though the philosophy of "never, ever buy any first-release Macross product" is still alive and well today.

kinda felt this would come out sooner rather that later... transformed my VF-25F last night back to fighter and i'm planning to keep my 2 v.1 DXs in this mode forever... while fighter mode does have its own issues, it is the most solid between the 2 modes of the v.1 DX VF-25. I'm gonna have to lift my Bandai boycott coz of my love for the VF-25 design... now i can finally complete my SMS skull squadron even of i have to re-buy the F and the S. good thing i cut my losses when i did, i was sooo tempted to get that Tornado VF-25G a few months ago in Tokyo... but still, F U Bandai! :D

*snip*... transformed my VF-25F last night back to fighter and i'm planning to keep my 2 v.1 DXs in this mode forever... *snip*

I'll be keeping mine in "box" mode forever. :p

And like others have said or alluded to, this is also one of the first times I was really happy that a company double-dipped, and did it so soon.

-b.

I'll be keeping mine in "box" mode forever. :p

And like others have said or alluded to, this is also one of the first times I was really happy that a company double-dipped, and did it so soon.

-b.

:lol:

somebody might want to watch outside Graham's home... he might decide to have his v.1 DX VF-25s in "trash bin mode" :rolleyes:

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God I didn't jump on the YF-29. The VF-25 is probably my number one favorite mecha, and I was quite saddened at Bandai's previous attempts. As many hope alongside me, I too am looking forward to that hopefully awesome Armored Valkyrie that doesn't disintegrate upon touch.

But in all seriousness, if Bandai is reading this, plz make this even better than the YF-29 and pretty please with sugar on top make it well proportioned with LEGS IN THE CORRECT POSITION IN FIGHTER MODE (!)

Now an even bigger question plagues my mind: With so many options, which one should I buy :wacko:

Edited by Archer

Stuff that I want to see:

- Better hip joints

- Tighter joints (esp. shoulders)

- Paint that doesn't scratch of with a rub.

- Better landing Gear

- A torso that actually has sufficient room for the cockpit to go under it.

- A better neck joint

- A tighter Gerwalk and fighter mode.

Anything else?