Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

On 3/30/2023 at 11:48 AM, treatment said:

moar PF badnews/goodnews...

https://twitter.com/tachi_yuji/status/1641352513696993280

(autotranslated):

image.png.d91a013a19bc430c0c832cf0cd1f7705.png

vs

https://twitter.com/zerostart08/status/1641423888684060674?cxt=HHwWhMDUrZCVwcctAAAA

(autotranslated)

image.png.2b151a565bdd0c1ea05997399da6c10c.png

Y'all be careful still when transforming your PFs!!!

For that shoulder joint, I would get the hub off the main body and unscrew the stub stuck in there. after washing it and the part on the arm with 91 percent alcohol, use #0000 grade steel wool to give some "tooth" to both sides and blow the residue out with compressed air. Then, use Permatex Plastic Welder (two-part adhesive system) to fix the parts back together and let cure overnight. After that, use a very small pin vise hand drill to clean out the screw hole and extend the screw hole deeper into the arm section. Slightly sand and file around the outside of the repaired post to remove excess Plastic Welder material and alleviate the tightness of the joint.  Replace the screw with one the same diameter but slightly longer lengthwise (so that way stress isn't being put on the repaired section, as it looks like where it broke was the end of the original screw).

After that, it's just a matter of reassembling the joint and checking it to make sure it functions correctly. I'd also use some Locktite on the screw to keep the screw fron loosening up.

38 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I went digging through the archives (180 pages of posts worth :lol:) and dug up a few key points from the original YF-19 release thread.  We might want to pin these in some way to keep them easy to find.

Where to file the edges of the backplate to avoid scratching the nose point:

Location where the spine can get scratched by the backplate:

Original post about the wing mounting solution I came up with:

Shortly after that post is one that contains a link to a Shapeways version of the neck cover for fighter, in case anyone loses it.

Thanks for doing all that work , and digging up much needed info👍🏼

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Is it smaller than the regular YF-19 box?

PF boxes are the same size as the non-PF editions, just black.

Don't know why Arcadia doesn't just use a regular box and just slap a "PREMIUM FINISH EDITION" sticker on the front. :unknw:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

PF boxes are the same size as the non-PF editions, just black.

Don't know why Arcadia doesn't just use a regular box and just slap a "PREMIUM FINISH EDITION" sticker on the front. :unknw:

they want to cheap out the packaging print for cost saving.

You know what's funny to me.. looking more closely at this YF-19 years later, it always bugged me that the gunpod looks like it's drooping when on the gear.

But.. it's really not.  The nose gear is just kind of short.  The gunpod does droop a tiny amount, but it's almost level with the wings in the profile view, and considering it would probably fly nose-high anyhow, it's probably pretty close to aligned straight forward in flight.

Just transformed to battroid. It's been years since I transformed any of my Arcadia 19s but the transformation is so much more elegant than Bandai's version so I was able to get right back into it without any problem.

Can't finish because while the left arm is fine, the right arm is pretty tight and I'm not going to force it. Looks like some minor shoulder surgery is in order.

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Just transformed to battroid. It's been years since I transformed any of my Arcadia 19s but the transformation is so much more elegant than Bandai's version so I was able to get right back into it without any problem.

Can't finish because while the left arm is fine, the right arm is pretty tight and I'm not going to force it. Looks like some minor shoulder surgery is in order.

i swear Arcadia used a Crayola for the arms the way they snap off. 

51 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Shoulder surgery was a success. Both the shoulder and bicep cover on the right arm were super tight. Loosened the inside screw just a touch. They're really overtightening them at the factory.

52790789870_e1963018e3_o.jpg

Was it a pain in the a$$ getting to the screws to loosen them?  

3 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

FYI: looks like Arcadia is having a direct sales day, YF-19 PF is available to buy from them directly (unsure if they will ship to the US)

If the VF-0D PF was in there, I am not sure I would be able to resist...

6 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

FYI: looks like Arcadia is having a direct sales day, YF-19 PF is available to buy from them directly (unsure if they will ship to the US)

Odd situation, when stuff went up the other week I tried to order through FromJapan and in the meantime it went out of stock so I didn't bother.  Saw this here, went back to FJ, the order was still waiting for me to pay.  The link to that order was an earlier one at a lower price and following the link it said it was still available although navigating to the website that link is no longer there.  I guess we'll see if I get the lower price or not...

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Speaking of overly tight parts.. Does that happen to apply to the intake covers as well?  Those were always really loose, so it wouldn't hurt for them to stay in a little better on this release. :p 

They're secure on my copies.

4 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Was it a pain in the a$$ getting to the screws to loosen them?  

Nope. I just detached the entire arm and then was easily able to access the screw under the shoulder pauldrons to loosen it.

Side by side with the Bandai version. While Bandai's toy is excellent, it's really a VF-19 Advance posing as a YF-19. :p

52791639635_04c94ed110_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Nope. I just detached the entire arm and then was easily able to access the screw under the shoulder pauldrons to loosen it.

Side by side with the Bandai version. While Bandai's toy is excellent, it's really a VF-19 Advance posing as a YF-19. :p

Bandai's DX forgot leg-day when compared/contrasted with that PF...

Have anyone tried ordering from the official Arcadia Japan site before? I placed an order for the YF-19. Only got an order confirmation email though. Will they send a separate email with the shipping details? Btw I am sending it to a local Japanese forwarder. 

8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

do you hug the gunpod? is it soft material^_^

A gunpod hug may or may not have happened at one point. My wife thinks that it's adorable. She wanted to use it as a body pillow. I had to pry it out of her hands to get it back into its protective plastic bag.

34 minutes ago, ZYZY said:

Have anyone tried ordering from the official Arcadia Japan site before? I placed an order for the YF-19. Only got an order confirmation email though. Will they send a separate email with the shipping details? Btw I am sending it to a local Japanese forwarder. 

Yes, you'll receive a shipping email. It will be in Japanese. It's not easy to use the tracking link they provide, but the courier they use is reliable. Your order should show up at the forwarding service within a day or two.

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nice.  Hopefully I am able to get one some day so that if I have to adjust the joints it'll be easy.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

A gunpod hug may or may not have happened at one point. My wife thinks that it's adorable. She wanted to use it as a body pillow. I had to pry it out of her hands to get it back into its protective plastic bag.

Yes, you'll receive a shipping email. It will be in Japanese. It's not easy to use the tracking link they provide, but the courier they use is reliable. Your order should show up at the forwarding service within a day or two.

Many thanks for the reply! Hope they can ship it out soon. I missed the preorder so was quite happy when they announced another release.