MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

7 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

^^^ $250 is a good price from what appears to be a domestic seller.

Amazon @ $280

BBTS @ $295

USA Gundam Store @ $280 (This store periodically has 10/15/20% off coupons, some that apply to pre-orders and some that don't).

The vendor pricing differential is interesting.  Eknightmedia's price is about $30.00 below their competitors, and eknightmedia requires a non-refundable $30.00 reserve payment.  I'm wondering if they're making a calculated gamble by under-cutting the competition on price in order to drive traffic, while betting that a number of folks will change their mind, fail to follow through, and walk away from their $30.00.  If the math works in their favor, those who walk away from their $30.00 will be subsidizing everyone else's purchase.

On 9/8/2023 at 3:17 PM, 26662 said:

The vendor pricing differential is interesting.  Eknightmedia's price is about $30.00 below their competitors, and eknightmedia requires a non-refundable $30.00 reserve payment.  I'm wondering if they're making a calculated gamble by under-cutting the competition on price in order to drive traffic, while betting that a number of folks will change their mind, fail to follow through, and walk away from their $30.00.  If the math works in their favor, those who walk away from their $30.00 will be subsidizing everyone else's purchase.

Eknightmedia didn't charge me a $30 down payment when I selected PayPal as my payment method.

Edit; they just asked for the $30. They didn't do this when I ordered 2x 29 Max variants last year, odd- but ok.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

14 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Whoa, ok, that's almost $40 cheaper than my previous order.. I might have to grab a second, and just stash one for a rainy day later. ^_^ 

I hear you.  It looks fierce with the armor.  My naked ones need to hit the gym.

I'm mostly in an annoying place because of the stupid rarity of the 25G when it originally launched, combined with the fact that the single copy I got came missing pieces.  I was completely SOL for ever getting those parts, because Bandai just doesn't do spare parts, and there was nowhere with stock available for a replacement.  My VF-25G has been using the YF-25 crotch plate for years, because it was the only one that matched reasonably (I actually prefer the swapped colors, compared with the standard VF-25G one).

It was never a huge issue for me, because I wasn't going to transform the YF-25 out of fighter anyhow, but it's always felt dumb that I was never able to get a complete set.

I apologize in advance if this the wrong thread but i need a suggestion. Few months ago i placed a pre-order on bigbadtoystore for a non-macross but always anime related product. The release date for these items was july/august in Japan and the store list them as a september release.I know that the store(which seems very professional and reliable) imports via ship most of the goods so i was wondering if i should expect any delays on the arrival of the items...Do you guys have any experience on the matter? it's really not an issue for me, i just need to understand when those $ 200 will have to come out of my wallet and therefore plan my life accordingly(i usuallly buy on japanese stores and they always have been very accurate on the release dates). Thank you in advance for your help.

4 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

I apologize in advance if this the wrong thread but i need a suggestion. Few months ago i placed a pre-order on bigbadtoystore for a non-macross but always anime related product. The release date for these items was july/august in Japan and the store list them as a september release.I know that the store(which seems very professional and reliable) imports via ship most of the goods so i was wondering if i should expect any delays on the arrival of the items...Do you guys have any experience on the matter? it's really not an issue for me, i just need to understand when those $ 200 will have to come out of my wallet and therefore plan my life accordingly(i usuallly buy on japanese stores and they always have been very accurate on the release dates). Thank you in advance for your help.

Wish I could help.  I’ve ordered from them since forever but I’ve never paid much attention to how long it takes BBTS to receive their pre-ordered stock.  I tend to pre-order and then pretty much forget all about it until I get the shipping notice.   That said, BBTS has always been pretty responsive when I’ve made inquiries about ETAs.  I’d give them a jingle if you haven’t already. 

While I cannot speak for BBTS, the last few orders I've made have been shipped by boat. It seems to be about 2 to 3 months. People seem to get their shipping notices before I do as there seems to be no rush on boat shipping. People have been talking about their HMR VF-0D for a month now. I don't expect to see mine for at least another month. :cray:

6 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

BBTS estimates for release are usually pretty good, since they've been doing this import thing for a long time. However, they are at the mercy of when the manufacturer puts the items on a ship, how long the ship takes to arrive in the US port, how long it takes to unload the ship and get the items through customs, etc. Assuming 2 months after release in Japan is usually a safe bet. You could try looking at release estimates on other sites like Amazon US (assuming it's being sold there). Odds are good that Amazon will get the item earlier or at the same time as BBTS. For example, Tamashii Nations lists the VF-25G release as 23 September in Japan, Amazon US lists it as 15 November, and BBTS just says November. So, likely sometime in November.

1 hour ago, Dirtyboy said:

Tamashii Event Exclusive for Tamashii Club Members via a lottery selection process this month, which will become a Tamashii Web Exclusive in November at some TBD date/time...as with all SDFM/DYRL merch....JAPAN-ONLY

item_0000014582_LxbF0B89_400.jpg

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14582/?wovn=en

Edited by jvmacross

5 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Thank you for all your inputs. So basically if one of the items has been released in late august in Japan it is safe to bet that they won't get it before the end of october right? i will try to contact them anyway...buying with this kind of delays always makes me...uneasy.

If it released in Japan in late August, it could arrive at BBTS right before the end of October. That would be two months. As others have said, BBTS is responsive to inquires about arrival times, so I'm sure they'll give you the best estimate they have right now. I'd prepare to hand over $200 before the end of next month, just to be safe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Macross Zero Blu-Ray Box reissue (so far):

image.png.320ce8a5b1364a7bba18c6f0135740ed.png

amz-jp:  https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B0CLGYYLPJ  (19,800y)

cdj: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BCXA-1895  (18,000y)

more details at:  https://macross.jp/news-detail/24575/

BCXA-1895 / ¥19,800 (10% tax included)
173 minutes (main story approx. 158 minutes + bonus video approx. 15 minutes) / Dolby TrueHD (5.1ch) / Linear PCM (stereo)
AVC / BD50G x 2 / 16:9 < 1080p HD>/With Japanese and English subtitles (ON/OFF possible)

fyi.

There seems to be another version of this Macross Zero blu-ray box that contain some kind of "store-benefits" (possibly an A3 sheet alongside the postcards of the previous dvd-covers or something else) that is available at amz-jp with the same PO-pricing:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0CLGXWMQB

upload_2023-10-24_10-49-8.JPG.3ffa936cdba0c7b07c223db7871c5f2a.JPG

here's the benefit-details on macross.jp and  bandai-namco sites, along with the "target-stores" listing:

https://macross.jp/news-detail/24575/

https://v-storage.bnarts.jp/bv_news/215859/

Edited by treatment

• 4 weeks later...
  • jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO will be December 1st 4PM JST...VF-0A PHOENIX(SHIN KUDO USE) + QF-2200D-B GHOST...Ongoing PO: TINY SESSION VF-19 CUSTOM FIRE VALKYRIE with BASARA NEKKI....POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

It's really not that bad a price, when you consider the exchange rate, and the combined price of finding a VF-1S and strike packs right now.

Not something I'm going to spend on though, too many other more important things coming.  Tempting.. but a properly printed tail isn't worth that much to me.

Edited by Chronocidal