Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Can't unsee the comically tiny feet on the Yamato now... ;)

Will the DX version still have an exposed cockpit "bubble" in battroid?

TBH, I can't recall if it remains exposed in the anime or lineart?

It just doest look "right" to me as a clear glass bubble...

If only those yamato feet had add on yeezy slides to make em bigger!

bandai's torso does seem to have a bit of a slant, doesnt look flush to the back spine somehow....the nose isnt fully pointing downward compared to the yamato.. 

18 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Really? Well then, back to the drawing board with you Bandai the Wise!

large.Bandaiisneverwrong.jpg.090a4fc9d6d

Please gandalf, tell us how to defeat the bandai balrog!:cray:

"you shall not release" doesnt seem to work here...

On 12/15/2023 at 8:29 AM, m0n5t3r said:

The way the 19 is posed looks like it's fully concentrating on propping up the 21 with his shield 😆 

I was wondering the same thing too. I wonder how much metal is those legs…

On 12/15/2023 at 2:15 AM, enphily said:

image.png.4c48f1bbeecfcd5fdcd32706d2af208c.png

Will still take it as is because that’s what it is now. I just really hate the fact that the belly plate cannot be angled backwards. Even though they made an effort to make it short and made it look like a side skirt instead. Just curious to see how the belly plate Fast Pack will dangle when attached. Hope the plate joints are ratcheted.

52 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Will still take it as is because that’s what it is now. I just really hate the fact that the belly plate cannot be angled backwards. Even though they made an effort to make it short and made it look like a side skirt instead. Just curious to see how the belly plate Fast Pack will dangle when attached. Hope the plate joints are ratcheted.

I don't think it's a matter of the belly plates themselves being unable to rotate back, as we've seen them rotated perpendicular to the legs in previous shots showing the delimiter leg separation mechanic. Due to the angle and the fact that the arm obscures the hip area, the backpack may pose an impediment, but they may have just posed them straight down for the photo, perhaps absent-mindedly, just to get a shot of it alongside the YF-19. I, too, hope they're on ratchets. That goes for all the joints in general. With the belly plates being truncated, the question of how low the FAST packs hang and whether they'll put too much stress on the joints is indeed the question.

11 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I don't think it's a matter of the belly plates themselves being unable to rotate back, as we've seen them rotated perpendicular to the legs in previous shots showing the delimiter leg separation mechanic. Due to the angle and the fact that the arm obscures the hip area, the backpack may pose an impediment, but they may have just posed them straight down for the photo, perhaps absent-mindedly, just to get a shot of it alongside the YF-19. I, too, hope they're on ratchets. That goes for all the joints in general. With the belly plates being truncated, the question of how low the FAST packs hang and whether they'll put too much stress on the joints is indeed the question.

I checked back the photos, and it looks like the belly plate is on ball joint instead of ratchet joints. :unsure:

HJ_23_12_178_12.jpg.5517fe423f251d1491530ff5e2b0a5e3.jpg

As for how low the belly plates Fast Pack is going to be, I have a feeling it will be in the area where the feet section rotates or above it. The bulbous section of the leg. If it is, then it's the same area as Yamato's. This guess is based on the testshot photos that was released.

HJ_23_12_178_4.jpg.5683bb2fb554ef817dfe7aecfde0b2e0.jpg HJ_2401_186-189_15.jpg.29b2f6afd65414b95bb16ca4568e9e24.jpg

HJ_2401_186-189_15a.jpg.4f7701f010dd25ec5f7a7acb54cb7afe.jpg

HJ_23_12_178_19.jpg.5004e3891f43df969b95bb30f036de35.jpg

4 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

The area behind the shoulders is too huge. You can land a helicopter on it. The 19 looks great though in this shot.

That's why they're not releasing any side view profile shot because we will see how far away the backpack is from the body. :spiteful:

They did rotate the figure during the Tamashii Nations show but it was on the display stand so it kind of 'hides' the gap. We'll see more photos once they announced the PO date.

Like I said, it is what it is now. I'll display this in Battroid and have my Yamato one in Fighter. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's why they're not releasing any side view profile shot because we will see how far away the backpack is from the body. :spiteful:

They did rotate the figure during the Tamashii Nations show but it was on the display stand so it kind of 'hides' the gap. We'll see more photos once they announced the PO date.

Like I said, it is what it is now. I'll display this in Battroid and have my Yamato one in Fighter. :rolleyes:

Pretty much, yep. TBH, though, I don't Bandai's looks that bad in fighter. My Yammie's packed away, and I really only have room in my display for one YF-21 in battroid, so this'll be it. I know it's probably not the popular opinion, but I'd like it if the belly plate FAST packs did some folding of their own to foreshorten them. More than likely, though, I'll pose mine without them as I do my VF-19 Advance and my Yammie YF-19.

I knew this preorder was coming pretty soon but I foolishly just bought a DX VF-25 so my budget is blown. Also bad timing because I collect Takara MP Transformers stuff and Takara likes to sell most of their MP stuff for the year during the first quarter these days. So most of my expensive purchases for the whole year are all being paid in the first quarter. My wallet is going to tap out. 

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

So this won’t be a WWM release?

The YF-19 reissue (not Full Set) is WWM, so I think this will be, too. Bandai's only restricted to domestic releases for SDFM and DYRL. Be prepared for a 60% markup on MSRP, though. That seems to be standard these days.

45 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

The YF-19 reissue (not Full Set) is WWM, so I think this will be, too. Bandai's only restricted to domestic releases for SDFM and DYRL. Be prepared for a 60% markup on MSRP, though. That seems to be standard these days.

C'est la vie for a niche franchise. Regardless, the wait has been long and this toy, at least by some (me), is greatly anticipated, so I'm in for a PO. I just hope it turns out to be a solid toy with good tolerances and lots of ratchet joints where they make the most sense. Likewise die-cast- use it where it makes sense for strength and durability and not just for the sake of having more die-cast for heft and perceived quality. 

Lol the price.. its just about the same as Arcadia's SV-51, but we know that valk was much larger. Tables have really turned between Bandai & Arcadia.

Can't see a backplate & a few simple fast pack pieces to justify a massive increase over the recent non-FP YF-19 either. I thinking Bandai expecting this to be a once off mold with no repaints down the road hence the high MSRP.  

It looks so ungainly on its landing gear. The gunpods look like they touch the ground. 

Delimiter mode looks awesome. Very fast, very smooth. 

Gerwalk mode with the Super Parts looks very cool and purposeful. Might be its best look. 

Sigh. I’ll get one. My last pre-order of all time. Is it December 31st or January 10th? And will it still be PO hell, or more calm?