Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai ain't gonna give us missiles and deny themselves the pleasure of making everyone buy those missile sets. SSP bundle seems unlikely as well, what with the included emblems in the SSP sets.

Luckily I have all the 1/48 Yamato DYRL Valks that I really want. Also you can still get the Yamato SSP sets for a good price on Mandarake. 

I'll just hold out for a DX Cannon Fodder & VF-1D at this point.

16 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I would love a VF-1D with the proper long canopy. The Yamato 1D is excellent but the canopy is the same size as all the others. Would like to see one with a Hasegawa length canopy.

This all the way!!! 

20 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I hope not!  That was the most excitement we've had since people complaining about NY and any given PO night.  8)

Lol, so true, but I can't see his posts or his pics anymore :(

RIP 

zAw7WoQP2gbpwYiPmMK8EqCou4tTwuSJtAzjv5xn

He will be missed

8 hours ago, arbit said:

505thAirborne, Love your CMS figure collection. Kakizaki and Milia! Why didn't I think of that. I'll have to copy you :)

Hi @arbit  those custom CMs figures actually belong to @nightmareB4macross

And I'm with you, we need to make our own!! :D

I'm out on this one also. I could have lived without the 1S Hikaru, TV Fokker would have been much more appreciated. I'll get a TV Kaizaki or TV 1A, but I'm kinda burnt out on the DYRL simple recolors stuff.

Scalpers, y'all have at it...

Edited by easnoddy

Yeah it's real

Currently on display at Oshare Macross Danshi 2 in Shinjuku, I went and saw it on Sunday.

I asked the staff about it but  there's no info other than "Information coming soon on tamashii Web" on the display card.

The Web Shouten logo there means it'll be a web exclusive though.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Maybe they'll do Max and Hikaru at the same time??

Are you referring Bandai to make both Max 1s and Hikaru 1a TWE option @jenius?

I know that a fair amount of us here in this thread would crave for a complete Vermillion Squad in their own collection, and then pick up M&M's 1J, GBP Armour Parts, 1D, VT-1, VE-1 etc..

Hopefully that Bandai doesn't screw us over and gives us a 31a Karios fiasco or just glut us with shelf warmers if they over produce it.

41 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm still not clear on how the TWE thing works. Is this straight from Bandai (no retailer)? Will it need to be shipped to a forwarding service like Tenso? Anything else to look out for?

It is straight from Bandai so no retailer discount. It can be shipped towards middleman in Japan. Not sure if Tenso has account but if they did, they will be subject to limit per account. Not everyone can create an Account in Tamashii.jp.

Just pick your favorite retailer that caters to web-exclusive like NY. (Amiami, HLJ, Hobbysearch usually dont offer these). Certain sites that accept payment later will now require upfront payment (example again is NY).

4 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

It is straight from Bandai so no retailer discount. It can be shipped towards middleman in Japan. Not sure if Tenso has account but if they did, they will be subject to limit per account. Not everyone can create an Account in Tamashii.jp.

Just pick your favorite retailer that caters to web-exclusive like NY. (Amiami, HLJ, Hobbysearch usually dont offer these). Certain sites that accept payment later will now require upfront payment (example again is NY).

Who else aside from NY offers TWE stuff?

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Who else aside from NY offers TWE stuff?

Anime Export and that’s pretty much it that I would trust. The best way to get TWE if you don’t want to use either NY or AE is to use a proxy service like FromJapan to buy directly from Bandai. 

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Now I'm really torn. Do I buy 1, because I just want 1, or buy 2 in case of manufacturing errors and sell the spare at-cost to someone here?

Similar situation.  Only I don't actually want a DYRL Kakizaki at all (only a TV one).  My fear is that if this barely sells, we'll never even seen a TV Kakizaki, so I'm considering possibly grabbing one just to subsidize poor Kakizaki.  I would probably end up selling the DYRL Kakizaki, as well.

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Are you referring Bandai to make both Max 1s and Hikaru 1a TWE option @jenius?

Just the 1A schemes, like they did with the original hi metal line. It makes sense to do them together since it can be one production run with different paint applications. I doubt they will since three DXs at the same time would be expensive be for someone that wants them all... But it would be a significant step toward filling out the line. Maybe a better way would be one each month over three months after having made them all together.

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Just the 1A schemes, like they did with the original hi metal line. It makes sense to do them together since it can be one production run with different paint applications. I doubt they will since three DXs at the same time would be expensive be for someone that wants them all... But it would be a significant step toward filling out the line. Maybe a better way would be one each month over three months after having made them all together.

f4e0300a-430c-4f75-8c83-5a1f265cdd44-jpe

As a TWE safety net, I've just accepted that I'm going to order a pair of everything, one each from NY and Anime Export.

I've done the same thing with all the recent Bandai releases really, buying one from at least two different shops, but with standard releases you generally don't have a choice anyway, since most retailers limit you to one. 

I may not keep them all in the long run, but with how unpredictable order cancellations can be with Bandai's supply shenanigans, I can absorb the short-term cost for a little peace of mind until I have them in-hand.

Unless it's something like the VF-31A or YF-19, in which case I'm just buying as many as I can get my hands on. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

As a TWE safety net, I've just accepted that I'm going to order a pair of everything, one each from NY and Anime Export.

I've done the same thing with all the recent Bandai releases really, buying one from at least two different shops, but with standard releases you generally don't have a choice anyway, since most retailers limit you to one. 

I may not keep them all in the long run, but with how unpredictable order cancellations can be with Bandai's supply shenanigans, I can absorb the short-term cost for a little peace of mind until I have them in-hand.

Unless it's something like the VF-31A or YF-19, in which case I'm just buying as many as I can get my hands on. :p 

I hate to say it, but if the discretionary income is there, it's just a wise choice for Macross collectors to purchase 2 or 3.  For example, I bought 3 VF-1S.  One of them arrived broken and there was no way to exchange because product was sold out.  As a result, I was able to keep 1 and sell the other to someone at cost.  Glad I had the safety net.