BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

The new effect parts look like 2 halves of a boiled egg. :p

If we add the typical price Bandai charges for an accessory pack, then the whole combo now becomes same price as what Arcadia charges for their YF-19.

18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I already have a spare of the Full Pack Set but haven't opened it yet so I'll be skipping this release.  Nice to see they've now come to completing at least 1 of each Valk release shown in their WWM logo.

Spare?  I bought my full set edition from someone who kept the missiles so I’ve been looking for a way to complete my version

17 hours ago, MKT said:

The new effect parts look like 2 halves of a boiled egg. :p

If we add the typical price Bandai charges for an accessory pack, then the whole combo now becomes same price as what Arcadia charges for their YF-19.

US domestic price will be probably be about $259.99. For a reissue of a toy from c.2014 (because it's little more than a repainted VF-19 Advance). And without all the accessories it originally came with. Awesome! :hi:

Add in the cost of a potential accessory set sold separately plus US tax and it's pretty much what I paid for my Arcadia PF YF-19. So much for Bandai toys being less expensive than Arcadia.

I thought you know the answer by now @davidwhangchoi.  If you don’t like the YF-19, then you can skip over it and save your $$$ for the eventual DX YF-21 with a very hot headed temperamental Zentradi. 

On a side note, the Ronald McDonald valk has those speaker fries that can give everyone an increase in their salt intake to make them shrivel into prunes. 

6 hours ago, borgified said:

I thought you know the answer by now @davidwhangchoi.  If you don’t like the YF-19, then you can skip over it and save your $$$ for the eventual DX YF-21 with a very hot headed temperamental Zentradi. 

On a side note, the Ronald McDonald valk has those speaker fries that can give everyone an increase in their salt intake to make them shrivel into prunes. 

is the Zentradi a good guy? he seems pretty mean in episode one

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

The YF-19 pilot and the guy with the glasses and guitar both have...   well...   issues...  :crazy:

Bomber!

On 6/30/2023 at 3:50 AM, sjoebarry said:

Spare?  I bought my full set edition from someone who kept the missiles so I’ve been looking for a way to complete my version

Yeah I bought 2 of the first release.  You should make a post in the wanted section for the missiles.  Worth a shot.  You never know if someone wants to part with them.

19 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

Anybody got a link to this Full Pack stand alone missile set then?

As of now there is no official announcement for them.

@davidwhangchoi: Let’s say that Guld has terrible anger management skills and it looks he hasn’t been through proper counselling sessions to diffuse is untamed  fits of rage while growing up. 

Edit: I’m not a councillor or a psychologist (like Sigmond Freud or Martina Sirtis’ character on Star Trek: The Next Generation and subsequent films made during that specific Trek period), I’m just a property manager by trade. 

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@davidwhangchoi: Let’s say that Guld has terrible anger management skills and it looks he hasn’t been through proper counselling sessions to diffuse is untamed  fits of rage while growing up. 

Edit: I’m not a councillor or a psychologist (like Sigmond Freud or Martina Sirtis’ character on Star Trek: The Next Generation and subsequent films made during that specific Trek period), I’m just a property manager by trade. 

^_^

So is the only change the new effect part and missing accessories? Any new markings?

I own the Arcadia one but I really do like the posing options on the Bandai one more. How are the joints on everyone’s Bandai 19 holding up? I like posing my toys a bunch but bandais looseness with most of their diecast figures scare me.

7 minutes ago, GXPT2000 said:

So is the only change the new effect part and missing accessories? Any new markings?

I own the Arcadia one but I really do like the posing options on the Bandai one more. How are the joints on everyone’s Bandai 19 holding up? I like posing my toys a bunch but bandais looseness with most of their diecast figures scare me.

The Achilles heel (HA!) of the Arcadia are its ankle joints; the Bandai's are far superior.  Ultimately, both are great toys where your personal aesthetic preference will determine which choice is better for you; personally, I find Bandai's superior in most aspects, and the collapsing leg panels are a brilliant solution over the carved-out scoops to accommodate the arms in fighter mode that Arcadia employs.

Have somebody noticed that the neck cover for fighter mode now seems not to be integrated to the shield?

Screenshot_20230703-1018202.png.2195167308edd80a85a1070e05e578e5.png

The tabs (?) look very much different.

Screenshot_20230703-1015082.png.1b20e20cc39e6856edca7e90798c6ea4.png

Edited by Froy

IIRC, that's just the neck cover for GERWALK mode. I checked @jenius' site to be sure, and you can see an image of it here on the VF-19A.

I love the YF-19/VF-19, but it unfortunately has my least favorite GERWALK mode of any variable fighter, so I can't say I've ever used it myself, haha. Hate how the arms sit on top of the wings.

Honestly, I always thought integrating the neck cover into the arm shield felt kinda dumb, since it only works for fighter and battroid, and you still need the spare neck cover for gerwalk anyhow, so you're not really changing anything.

However.. It does work if you just ignore gerwalk, and only go between fighter and battroid.  Given how gerwalk is generally looked over on the YF-19 anyhow, it does make some sense.

In my case, I decided to do the opposite, and removed the sliding neck cover from the shield, so I only ever use the separate neck cover in gerwalk and fighter mode, for one specific reason: by disconnecting them, the shield isn't pulled against the head so tightly, and I can angle the arms further downward in fighter mode, and actually get the gunpod to point straight forward.

14 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

It's obviously a precursor to the 21's release.

I actually wonder about that.  I really hope they've made significant changes since we last saw it, but next year would pretty much be the ideal time to do it, since it's the 30th anniversary of Macross Plus premiering.  They may stretch it out though, since it didn't end until a year later, with the movie version coming out in August of 1995.

Edited by Chronocidal

Given that I missed out on the original Bandai DX YF-19 release (although I have the VF-19 Advance), I'm looking forward to this new reissue of the YF-19, even if it is missing most of the accessory parts.

But I really hope that Bandai have tightened up the wing joints, or got rid of the high-speed mode. As I hated the loose wings caused by the high-speed mode mid-wing hinge joint.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:05 AM, mechaninac said:

The Achilles heel (HA!) of the Arcadia are its ankle joints; the Bandai's are far superior.  Ultimately, both are great toys where your personal aesthetic preference will determine which choice is better for you; personally, I find Bandai's superior in most aspects, and the collapsing leg panels are a brilliant solution over the carved-out scoops to accommodate the arms in fighter mode that Arcadia employs.

Have you had any looseness from your Bandai? I’ve seen a lot of reviews of 25 renewals and 29s that have looseness over time and all their metal builds loosen over time.

4 minutes ago, GXPT2000 said:

Have you had any looseness from your Bandai? I’ve seen a lot of reviews of 25 renewals and 29s that have looseness over time and all their metal builds loosen over time.

I've had the Frontier version VF-19 Advanced in battroid mode, with the fast packs and boosters mounted, for years and haven't experienced any noticeable looseness anywhere; admittedly, I'm more of a pose once and forget kind of collector whose preferred mode for display is fighter - aircraft aficionado, first and foremost... so, your mileage may vary.  Ultimately, all transforming toys loosen over time, some more so than others (too many factors to go into here), but Arcadia's ankles on that particular design are usually wobbly right out of the box and get worse fast.

Even if they make the YF-21, I’m not looking forward to it. The proportions of the prototype were wonky, and the chance of getting Bandai’d on a production copy are too damn high.