Hi-Metal R

joppewo

But the really question for those that had items waitiing at nippon-yasan is . Did your item get sold out by the time your last preorder item arrived? Because if they stilll have your previous item in stock for sale then it isn't really a positive hold. Then you factor in a high demand item that will most likely be sold out , with pricing that will most likely go up , it's very tempting for them to make mistakes.

Word of warning with NY. If you request a refund they will only give you store credit (my experience) and the store credit is valid for 1 year only.

Also as it is a coupon it must be used fully in 1 transaction so the items you are buying with the coupon must be ¥1 more than the coupon (shipping excluded from the total).

Edited by eggy99

Yep, most people are happy to combine shipping for reduced costs...You can always uncombine orders beforehand.

As for issues with stock...So far, I've had figures sit in warehouses for over a year at places like AE and NY and never had a problem when I finally wanted to ship.

What site is "AE"?

Yeah i agree as well. I got burned on this with my VF-171ex Alto. I bought a couple of them. Didn't open the spare right away. When i did a few months later, noticed that one of the chest cannons was missing. Now i open every box and confirm that it looks fine and comes with everything it suppose to. It sucks having to do that with spares as you lowering the value by cutting the tape on the box but it's better than having a broken valk.

So I did a quick check on my Max and looks okay...Will take a closer look this weekend. One thing I realized is it is small. Kinda wish it was a bit bigger but for someone like me who doesn't have the space (I have LOTS of books aside from the boxes of kits), it is quite appropriate. If I had more $$$ I would have gotten two. But as I am not rich, I'll make do with one.

I just opened the hi metal r Hikaru 1J. Looks like QC issues rearing their ugly heads. My tail fins won't deploy flush like the CF does - i can see a gap between the base of the fin and the backpack on both, and some gaps on top of the fighter mode where the chest and backplate come together that are more prounounced than on the CF. I like the canopy, though i do wish a clear one was packed in as well

I just opened the hi metal r Hikaru 1J. Looks like QC issues rearing their ugly heads. My tail fins won't deploy flush like the CF does - i can see a gap between the base of the fin and the backpack on both, and some gaps on top of the fighter mode where the chest and backplate come together that are more prounounced than on the CF. I like the canopy, though i do wish a clear one was packed in as well

This is why I encouraged hachi to check his Max when it came in. So far it sounds like the Hikaru 1J is the only one with multiple glaring QC issues reported here. Or have I missed a few others that have been reported?

Yeah that's the Hikky 1J that came from the armored set right? The solo release has the right stripes though, correct? (mine hasn't come in yet so i can't check myself)

Yeah, Bandai is just kinda terrible about VF-1 markings. They've gotten them so wrong for so long, and now that they're trying to get them right, they can't figure out how to stay consistent. :rolleyes:

Speaking of paint OCD though.. does it bother anyone how abruptly the nose striping stops? Maybe it's for mold reasons or something, but I'm tempted to manually extend the nose stripes on my Hikaru and Focker so they reach under the intake more.

Random side note question though, anyone know if the stands from the Bandai 1/72 Yamato 2199 kits work with the Hi-Metal stand mounts? I might have to try it later.

Edited by Chronocidal

Regarding the Max and Millia releases, I've been rewatching the episodes of the original SDFM show and wow are we taking liberties with the colour scheme, or what! And lest this come across as HMR bashing, I'm not just talking this release, but every single toy/model kit ever made, seems to get it completely wrong! Maybe I've missed it, but I can't find anywhere in the show where either super pack has a lick of red or blue on it. Anywhere.

Does anyone know where this trend started and why? Was it on the original chunky releases too?

And no, I don't think I'm going to take the plunge and repaint mine when they get in. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Regarding the Max and Millia releases, I've been rewatching the episodes of the original SDFM show and wow are we taking liberties with the colour scheme, or what! And lest this come across as HMR bashing, I'm not just talking this release, but every single toy/model kit ever made, seems to get it completely wrong! Maybe I've missed it, but I can't find anywhere in the show where either super pack has a lick of red or blue on it. Anywhere.

Does anyone know where this trend started and why? Was it on the original chunky releases too?

And no, I don't think I'm going to take the plunge and repaint mine when they get in. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

You'd have to look a ways back in this thread to find it. Its in the ep with the factory satellite I believe. After they try the baby trick both sides fight it out. In there is some inconsistent animation where the packs are as Bandai has elected to make this release (mainly the color of the valkyries with white bits). But honestly it was the early 80s and the animation coloring is fairly inconsistent.

Yeah, I remember that picture and the discussion about it, but as I recall, it really was just a light/shade screen grab that makes it look like there are white parts. The funny thing is that there never appears to be any animation evidence for body coloured parts on the super packs, and that's leaving out the crazy white they went with on the HMR toys.

Then again, in almost every frame I've looked at, the gun is the same green as the super parts. So there's that...

And just to stress this point, I actually don't mind the look of the HMR Max/Millia scheme, I'm simply pointing out how vastly different they are to the original series they featured in.

Very different color from the previous Max release. That white isn't white at all. VERY grey. I prefer the previous releases color by a lot.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Looking at the picture it seems the color scheme is based off the movie with light gray. To me, if Max had the VF-1J in the movie that would be the color scheme. And I imagine the grey matches the previous VF-1S releases.

Is the stand alone Hikaru VF-1J white or grey? I don't have that one.

You can't really tell from the photo but the blues are different too. The original release has a much darker blue color. The new one is lighter blue plus the gray which makes the whole thing look washed out in comparison.

Kind of odd but I guess you guys are right. If they hadn't done the opposite and made Max larger and put him in Meltrandi battle armor this is what Max (and Milia's) VF-1J's would have looked like in DYRL.

Now I remember why I hated these things so much. The sliding bar mechanism for the shoulders is a good idea but it doesn't quite work well enough to get the shoulders around the legs when going back into Fighter. Popping the sliding mechanism off works better. And in fighter the thing is fricking finicky, especially with super parts attached.

Edited by Mommar