Hi-Metal R

joppewo

You know, it's silly, but Bandai's color shenanigans can drive me bats sometimes.  Was just mixing and matching parts to get TV missiles on the TV VF-1S.. and the only ones that match are from the newest batch of armored VF-1Js.  None of the other TV missiles are that same bright white, because the original VF-1J was that light gray shade. :rolleyes: 

Definitely wishing the TV VF-1S with super packs had packed in some of the original TV missiles.. but maybe that's a good reason to buy a spare Max 1A when it releases.  Have to see how the supply pans out.

It's like they've weaponized OCD as a sales strategy. :lol: 

I put the grey missiles that come with the grey DYRL VF-1J Armored Valkyrie on my VF-1J Max and Milia.  The missiles that come with the first TV VF-1J Hikaru are no longer used since they have a pink tint to them.  I also put the white missiles from the TV VF-1J Armored Valkyrie Revival on my TV VF-1S.

Yeah, the mixed and matched shades are getting a bit hilarious to sort out.  I never picked up the DYRL Armored 1J, so I don't think I have any of those gray TV missiles at all (and I still halfway hope we get a redone TV M&M).  The Brownie came with tan missiles, and the VF-1D came with none at all, with no hardpointed wings.  I might need to buy several extra Kakizakis just for the missiles and stands. :lol:

Then there's the oddball Messer crossover scheme.. which is almost the same shade as the new 1J and VF-1S?  They're slightly more blue, but definitely closer than the original stand-alone 1J release.  They're just missing the red paint, with a black stripe like the Yamato 1/60 TV missiles, instead.  It's all nonsense. :p 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Nope, the red one is included in the Kakizaki release, along with his own stand. :p 

...to encourage people to buy what Bandai thinks will be a less popular item? I hope it sells well, because I'd like to complete the squadron in 1/48, too. 

Just now, derex3592 said:

Been swamped with work...Did I miss pre-orders for Max and Kaki???:unsure:

2 weeks ago. Still available at Nin Nin and Hobby Genki.

Edited by Froy

Thanks @no3Ljm & @Froy - having a hard time pulling the trigger on these now though, I want to support HM-R all the way, but dang, that's basically what I paid for my Max and Kaki Yamato 1:60 Ver2's of these back in the day, which I still have and have customized on display.  Display space is becoming a huge issue for me these days as I'm sure it is with others around here...:unsure: 

19 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Thanks @no3Ljm & @Froy - having a hard time pulling the trigger on these now though, I want to support HM-R all the way, but dang, that's basically what I paid for my Max and Kaki Yamato 1:60 Ver2's of these back in the day, which I still have and have customized on display.  Display space is becoming a huge issue for me these days as I'm sure it is with others around here...:unsure: 

Adjust for inflation and exchange rates, and it's not quite as bad. Right now something selling for ¥20,000 only ends up at $145 on my CC statement.

56 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Adjust for inflation and exchange rates, and it's not quite as bad. Right now something selling for ¥20,000 only ends up at $145 on my CC statement.

True enough, the exchange rate does help, but even then.. I think I got the Yamato Max and Kakizaki 1As for something like $50 a piece, because there was so little demand.

34 minutes ago, Big s said:

That’s the main reason I was into hmr to begin with. Lack of space and now I’ve got even less space.

Shhhhh! No one has to talk about the fact that HMR being smaller and cheaper means they tempt you to buy even more of them!😆

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

yeah dont talk abt inflation...this is called space-flation...

That is one thing I noticed new about the Armored VF-1J, they gave it a tiny bit more tampo printing to start.  Nothing spectacularly game-changing, but they added the 101 modex on the ventral fins.

The pilot definitely looks to be painted and molded at a higher level than the original stand-alone release as well.  They've gotten better over time.

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

Just got my armored VF-1J in. What a figure.

Question: Anyone know any 3rd party folks out there who have made a "missiles firing" add on like some of the larger Armored figs have?

Congrats.  If there is a 3rd party company that makes the effects then I'd also like to know.  I worked on some of my own a long time ago but never finished them.

3043388A-735C-4332-A614-B39A0DFC5CF4.jpeg.7d6aece487496f0dfec42badcef6fa65.jpeg

A8C395C8-FAB3-4DC1-BB85-6CE52B3386B4.jpeg.211ea74b3d801f64c74af10219d67499.jpeg

693B6536-C1AE-4619-901B-9F67E030C6E8.jpeg.ea854aa9635791c97ce40ba5ccee46f7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Stranger said:

Just got my armored VF-1J in. What a figure.

Question: Anyone know any 3rd party folks out there who have made a "missiles firing" add on like some of the larger Armored figs have?

HMR did make Missile firing effects set but not specifically for the GBP. You could play it off with some positioning though. 

Macross_HMR_DSC05545_zpszzfre9yd.JPG.c19b2c676a6e86ca6b226fc32b26e61c.JPG

On 6/6/2023 at 1:13 PM, Slave IV said:

HMR did make Missile firing effects set but not specifically for the GBP. You could play it off with some positioning though. 

Macross_HMR_DSC05545_zpszzfre9yd.JPG.c19b2c676a6e86ca6b226fc32b26e61c.JPG

Never got tired of seeing the Monster with the other HMRs. It really puts the sizing & scale of everything else relative to it in perspective, pure awesomeness!

Now that the VF-0 is out, I'm wishing hard Bandai will also make HMR of the Monster from Macross Zero. Those claw-like hands are so cool. 

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Never got tired of seeing the Monster with the other HMRs. It really puts the sizing & scale of everything else relative to it in perspective, pure awesomeness!

Now that the VF-0 is out, I'm wishing hard Bandai will also make HMR of the Monster from Macross Zero. Those claw-like hands are so cool. 

The HMR Monster is so badass! I'll take any other variations of it. It is an SOC level of quality piece.

The Monster IS badass.  If I ever do a HMR display for SDC again, I'd display my 6 Monsters and all of my Destroids on ground level and all Valkyries in flight.

Edited by sh9000