Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

4 hours ago, MKT said:

At first I thought that Fire Bomber crate at the back is some new packaging for the valk, but the tweet specifically mentions it’s made by another party.

I wonder if it’s made by Groove Garage & if it’s worth getting one.. 

The crate container is from the 40th Anniversary event last March/April in Yokohama, Japan. :good: 

image.jpeg.4359e9c489f3314133039b3c97ddc530.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I’m excited for this release. It is the last VF-19 variant I’m missing from the Yamato mold.

I'm split on the gold paint. I kinda like the Mickey D's paint scheme it is much more garish than the red with gold highlights and fits Basara better.

Looks so beautiful even with low res pictures 😄, never had the opportunity to have the Yamato  or the Arcadia one due to its high selling price, even the standalone booster is very effing expensive,  so no way I'm skipping this Arcadia package release, I hope it sells fine enough so maybe just maybe Arcadia considers releasing the VF-19s and VF-19p as well.  

11 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Looks so beautiful even with low res pictures 😄, never had the opportunity to have the Yamato  or the Arcadia one due to its high selling price, even the standalone booster is very effing expensive,  so no way I'm skipping this Arcadia package release, I hope it sells fine enough so maybe just maybe Arcadia considers releasing the VF-19s and VF-19p as well.  

This scheme is a fun nod to the M7 opening credits. I like to think that Firebomber would lean in on that kind of glitz and glam during a live concert.

Well there's one reason.. it didn't sell well the first time around. They did re-release max and Miria's 1J toys though and they also didn't sell well the first time... Then again, they sold pretty awful the second time so that may actually be working against this hope.

Didn’t realize the original 19P sold poorly (it was before I started collecting).

I really was & still hoping they don’t see the low sales of 1J Max & Milia reissues, & perhaps the VE-1 too as factors against reissuing 19P. :( Would think it would figure more prominently against the VT-1 instead.

26 minutes ago, MKT said:

Didn’t realize the original 19P sold poorly (it was before I started collecting).

I really was & still hoping they don’t see the low sales of 1J Max & Milia reissues, & perhaps the VE-1 too as factors against reissuing 19P. :( Would think it would figure more prominently against the VT-1 instead.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a PF VT-1.  A shame they never got around to it.

Personally, I'd rather see them put out a new YF-21, and maybe VF-11B for the 30th of Macross Plus.  Even a re-release would be great, and help quell the insane collector prices those are going for now, especially if it gives them an excuse to make some VF-11Cs again. ^_^ 

kinda sucks there is going be a delay but at the same time is a breather for my wallet 😄, well at least for me, today I fully payed for my Hi-Metal R VF-0D and later this month a soul of chogokin figure or figures will be release by Bandai, also this delay could be for a better QC check, so everything is cool :D 

Edited by Alex GS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is interesting, and a little weird to discover.  Apparently my first release Fire Valk has had its left upper-arm joint shear off in the box over the past few years.

ss(2023-09-02at04_55.28).jpg.604c7991346d964178b16dcb2aa99159.jpg

Bizarrely clean break, too, I'm thinking it was just a flow point in the plastic.  The other arm has a stress mark here, so maybe I pulled something out of whack when I originally transformed it?  I checked all my other VF-19s, and none have a break or stress mark forming at that point.

There's actually enough flat surface area at the break that I could probably drill and pin this together to fix it pretty well, but it actually kind of stays together on its own.  The friction of the pin is enough to keep the joint together, and though the pivot is floppy, it's held in place fine by the shoulder cover in battroid and gerwalk, and doesn't matter in fighter at all.

Just something to be aware of, since there's a new release coming, and I think all of the VF-19s and the Arcadia YF-19 share these same parts.

So far I don't see nothing wrong on mine, even after it has taken a pair of trips to the ground.

Right arm

IMG_20230903_1019592.jpg.50f761497a9192b2f2eabb0152489f78.jpgIMG_20230903_1019482.jpg.b61b4a02bb97189bbd19f27cdb8fad47.jpg

And left arm

IMG_20230903_1019232.jpg.629e66fac56d402788bf15868bc02c0a.jpg

Only the inside of this part has some weird pattern on the plastic

IMG_20230903_1030012.jpg.4e6be0ac370fc8ff3f28b3e4de4f091e.jpg

All good. Except for the broken head fin from a previous trip

I might still would like to check my Yamato VF-19S.

IMG_20230903_102249.jpg.659d65d04444e47fdda33b898bc192a0.jpg

Good to know, and yeah, I'm not overly concerned about this.  Provided you could get the lower arm apart, it probably wouldn't be hard to replace with a printed copy.  Mine is such a clean break, I'll probably be able to just drill into the parts and add a segment of paperclip, and glue it back together.

Given the option, I'd probably redesign the part with a fillet in that hard corner where it snapped though.  I'm surprised it didn't have that to begin with.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2023 at 8:01 AM, Chronocidal said:

So this is interesting, and a little weird to discover.  Apparently my first release Fire Valk has had its left upper-arm joint shear off in the box over the past few years.

ss(2023-09-02at04_55.28).jpg.604c7991346d964178b16dcb2aa99159.jpg

Bizarrely clean break, too, I'm thinking it was just a flow point in the plastic.  The other arm has a stress mark here, so maybe I pulled something out of whack when I originally transformed it?  I checked all my other VF-19s, and none have a break or stress mark forming at that point.

There's actually enough flat surface area at the break that I could probably drill and pin this together to fix it pretty well, but it actually kind of stays together on its own.  The friction of the pin is enough to keep the joint together, and though the pivot is floppy, it's held in place fine by the shoulder cover in battroid and gerwalk, and doesn't matter in fighter at all.

Just something to be aware of, since there's a new release coming, and I think all of the VF-19s and the Arcadia YF-19 share these same parts.

After seeing this post, I decided to check all my old Yamato VF-19/Kai/F/S/P toys.

Some of which have been in their boxes since I got them and some of which I used to display but have been in storage in Ziploc bags inside plastic storage boxes for about 6 or 7 years.

I found exactly the same break on one on my former display VF-19Kai and display VF-19S and also on one unboxed VF-19Kai.

So far haven’t really heard any breakage on the Arcadia 1st issue Kai yet. Crossing fingers..

But the Yamato ones are worrying. It sounds like a very slow ticking time bomb, not dissimilar to the long term joint breakage of the Renewal VF-25. Gotta muster up courage to check my copies in storage.. :wacko:

18 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wonder if there's pressure on the span in fighter mode that's causing the break over years of storage.

Maybe if you spend a lot of time pressing down on the shield, it might lead to stress there, but I don't think there's any persistent stress on that joint while in fighter mode.  It's just laying in the nook against the back of the lower leg.  Maybe if the arm wasn't transformed correctly before trying to close the shoulders?

On the other hand though, if you're transforming the legs out of fighter mode by twisting them downward to disengage the latches from the shoulder covers, that could potentially be stressing them pretty badly.  The lower arms sink into the recesses in the legs, and trying to force the legs down without the shoulders free might be pulling on the arms at a weird angle.

I've never transformed my VF-19s that way though, I always pried the shoulders up before dropping the legs, and made sure to sand down all of the latches that hold onto the shoulder covers to make that process easier, since they were really tightly held down in some cases.

5 hours ago, MKT said:

So far haven’t really heard any breakage on the Arcadia 1st issue Kai yet. Crossing fingers..

But the Yamato ones are worrying. It sounds like a very slow ticking time bomb, not dissimilar to the long term joint breakage of the Renewal VF-25. Gotta muster up courage to check my copies in storage.. 

Last I handled my Yamato V-19 Kai last year, i found cracks and stress marks on the hinges that move the shoulders pads/covers up and down. Just forgot about it since it's not visible. I too am afraid to inspect it now coz if it's bad plastic then it might affect other connecting parts with pins. 

Edited by m0n5t3r