DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Seriously! I am still waiting with a brand new Alto in the box. If they do a Michael set I would get another 25-G.

I just want it for Michel's 25. I've been wanting to display them all in unique armor and packs. Alto's in the Super pack, Ozma in the Armor pack, Michel's in the Tornado, Luca in the Super pack w/ the drones, and the CF version bare. C'mon Bandai, get with it.

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but recently I managed to snag a Bandai DX VF-25G for $67 + shipping from Mandrake..but was just wondering if its a good deal? Its a storefront item, so was just wondering if the price I paid is OK? Searched ebay and saw the price is $100+ish.

Been away from MW for almost 7 years and sold most of my collection, but just recently decided to find and keep a *few* of the recent ones..

Watched a few episodes of Frontier, but didnt really like the story line..just wanted to keep at least a *prototype* of a valk for each Macross serie/Movie...so..err...cheers! and thanks in advance

That's a great deal if it's the renewal, but for that price I doubt it is. you may have grabbed the V1, which isnt as good sadly. :(

Thanks! (and sorry for hijacking this thread..but Im not sure where else I should ask regarding VF-25-related issues).

Is there any way to tell if its the 2nd version vs the 1st? Attached is the box art :

post-1785-0-26829200-1387099537.jpg

Thanks! (and sorry for hijacking this thread..but Im not sure where else I should ask regarding VF-25-related issues).

Is there any way to tell if its the 2nd version vs the 1st? Attached is the box art :

You're in the right place. No worries :p

And yes, that's the V1. The boxart is very different on both versions. Check out anymoon.com for both releases and their differences. There's alot.

You're in the right place. No worries :p

And yes, that's the V1. The boxart is very different on both versions. Check out anymoon.com for both releases and their differences. There's alot.

Thanks! After looking at the review, ow drats..I think Im gonna cancel my purchase and wait till I have enough mullah to get the reissue. *drooling*

Thanks!

post-917-0-85222700-1387157866_thumb.jpg post-917-0-76555100-1387157956_thumb.jpg post-917-0-83885400-1387157996_thumb.jpg

I got the Luca renewal fastpack set with the Ghosts but one of them was missing a fin!

... So I decided to customize the set (even though the CF one is coming out next year) because I like the little antennae/gun thingies on the fast packs. So now you can see a few more CF fastpack pics ahead of time!

post-917-0-94497000-1387158049_thumb.jpg

... And I had to build a little stand out of Lego to display the Ozma armor set because I can't wait around forever for the Ozma renewal! Come on Bandai!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg attachicon.gifimage.jpg attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I got the Luca renewal fastpack set with the Ghosts but one of them was missing a fin!

... So I decided to customize the set (even though the CF one is coming out next year) because I like the little antennae/gun thingies on the fast packs. So now you can see a few more CF fastpack pics ahead of time!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

... And I had to build a little stand out of Lego to display the Ozma armor set because I can't wait around forever for the Ozma renewal! Come on Bandai!

That looks brilliant

Thanks! After looking at the review, ow drats..I think Im gonna cancel my purchase and wait till I have enough mullah to get the reissue. *drooling*

Thanks!

As a personal owner of that V1, i will say, it isn't ENTIRELY bad. As a display piece that is.

I agree that if you can find a renewal, get it, but my experience with my V1 VF25 G isnt a nightmare that it's made out to be. V1's are surprisingly solid, since they were made to be rough n tumble toys.

If you dont mind that the design is a bit off, or disproportioned, I say stick with it. but by all means, dont stop looking for a renewal.

As a personal owner of that V1, i will say, it isn't ENTIRELY bad. As a display piece that is.

I agree that if you can find a renewal, get it, but my experience with my V1 VF25 G isnt a nightmare that it's made out to be. V1's are surprisingly solid, since they were made to be rough n tumble toys.

If you dont mind that the design is a bit off, or disproportioned, I say stick with it. but by all means, dont stop looking for a renewal.

thanks for the reply.

I think I much prefer the V2 now that Ive seen the comparisons between V1, V2 and the anime art from anymoon.

I think I prefer the slimmer V2, which sticks very close to the original art.

Hi guys,

As i'm rather new to the frontier line, may i check how do you attached the super packs or armor packs onto the VF-25s Ver 2? Do you have to partially transformed it before attaching them or could they be attached to the VF-25 Ver 2 in fighter mode? thanks

Edited by recon

Hi guys,

As i'm rather new to the frontier line, may i check how do you attached the super packs or armor packs onto the VF-25s Ver 2? Do you have to partially transformed it before attaching them or could they be attached to the VF-25 Ver 2 in fighter mode? thanks

Like kaneda said, a majority of the parts can be put on when its in fighter mode. about the only parts you might have trouble with is the crotch armor, since the stock one must be taken off in order for the Armored/super version to go on. (not a necessity, but still a requirement)

In either case the parts can be attached while the VF-25 is mainly in fighter mode, but with both you'll have to have arms/legs extended and or not attached fully in order to secure all of the various armor pieces.

-b.

Like kaneda said, a majority of the parts can be put on when its in fighter mode. about the only parts you might have trouble with is the crotch armor, since the stock one must be taken off in order for the Armored/super version to go on. (not a necessity, but still a requirement)

Thanks guys for the advise provided

*snip*

*snip*

What fin was missing? From one of the ghosts?

*hovers hand over the Panic Button*

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That lego stand looks like an Iron Man thing. Like.. put the 25S there and it will be fit with the armour by mechanical arms. Fitting having the War Machine there too :lol:

Edited by Falcon18

So... I just finally cracked open my second VF-25G super parts and found that on my wing packs I have 3 large thruster bells and 1 small bell as opposed to 2 of each... FML..

If anyone got a 25-G set with 3 small thruster bells I'll trade lol

That would bother the hell out of me! Great QC Bandai.