DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Fedex showed up at 8:30 this morning with my RVF supers :D I might dig in to them today if I get a chance.

Ugggg do I want another 27?! :o ok ordered another 27.....

but fed ex just called and wanted more info on my "plastic models" as is was written on the box for my rvf supers. And it says its in hawaii. weird.

By "Plastic Models" I hope they don't mean cocaine or something like that lol. I have never had them question anything I bought from Japan. I did ship a care package to a friend in Tokyo once, and they ripped it all open and left a note inside for him letting him know they inspected all the goods inside.

Have to recant my first post about the RVF super parts. I had the unfortunate and absolute anger creating experience of receiving them today. Leg armors won't stay on, clip them into the wing they split open and pop off. Put the booster on the wing, snapped the tip of the wing root off, tolerances suck. The whole drone kit is a floppy mess. I'm tired of buying a $250 toy package of a valk and parts and have the parts damage my valk and then have to go around slapping nail polish on every damn ball joint I see to make it functional. F Bandai right now and F this super parts set. I'm sure there are some things I could have done differently and I accept that, right now though I need to be able to vent to the only people who would understand this crazy fetish of Macross collecting that will continue to frustrate and also dazzle me. Right now I'm all about F Bandai and F everything they make.

Have to recant my first post about the RVF super parts. I had the unfortunate and absolute anger creating experience of receiving them today. Leg armors won't stay on, clip them into the wing they split open and pop off. Put the booster on the wing, snapped the tip of the wing root off, tolerances suck. The whole drone kit is a floppy mess. I'm tired of buying a $250 toy package of a valk and parts and have the parts damage my valk and then have to go around slapping nail polish on every damn ball joint I see to make it functional. F Bandai right now and F this super parts set. I'm sure there are some things I could have done differently and I accept that, right now though I need to be able to vent to the only people who would understand this crazy fetish of Macross collecting that will continue to frustrate and also dazzle me. Right now I'm all about F Bandai and F everything they make.

Is this about the RVF-171 super parts?

Oh... good that I skipped on this particular item but I feel sorry for you. :mellow:

I did however pre-order the VF-25A super parts.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

What a minute, what was floppy about the drone kit? The poseable arms are all floppy? One of the ball joints the drone plugs into on mine is a bit loose but everything else was super tight. Almost too tight. In terms of the wing boosters, they're hard to clip on in general. If you don't have things lined up right they won't fit on. It was the same on my 25G as well. I've honestly not tried fighter mode to see if the leg boosters stay on but they were difficult to attach to the RVF as opposed to the G.

Ugh, missed the NY payment by a couple hours, and was SOL. However, they JUST opened it up again, and was able to jump in for one. If you missed out, check over there and see if they're still available....yes, still available ow for the RVF-25 armored renewal parts and ghost set.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Why are everyone OzmaLee74 posting low resolution pictures?

why don't you be a little be more humble and respectful. you're new to the site and people were kind enough to answer your noob questions when you didn't know the difference between the v.1 and v.2 vf-1d,

please be a bit more respectful with people's contributions they choose to share with the MW community.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Sorry if this question has been asked before. Did Bandai fix the problem with the tampo paint/print coming off of the super parts too easily? I received the super parts for the RVF but I've gotten so paranoid about putting it on the valk and handling it. My v1 tampo paint on the leg armors came off with some moderate handling.

It's ok guys. I think he's just used to the higher res pics that other members have been posting plus I think the first pic I posted was a little out of focus. I guess I couldn't tell right away since I used my phone (an iPhone 5 btw) to snap the pics. It's tied to my photobucket account which makes it really convenient to post pics. I could always bust out the Nikon DSLR but I find it a chore to use especially if all I wanted was to share some quick snapshots before I put the toy away. But it's all good. Let's just enjoy our new toys!

It's ok guys. I think he's just used to the higher res pics that other members have been posting plus I think the first pic I posted was a little out of focus. I guess I couldn't tell right away since I used my phone (an iPhone 5 btw) to snap the pics. It's tied to my photobucket account which makes it really convenient to post pics. I could always bust out the Nikon DSLR but I find it a chore to use especially if all I wanted was to share some quick snapshots before I put the toy away. But it's all good. Let's just enjoy our new toys!

It's ok man, I would not take any offense to his statement. At least you posted pics, I have had mine sitting around since I got them and still did not post any pics. BTW all my pics were taken using an iPhone 4S and I also use photobucket cause it's freaking easy lol. I tend to use the camera+ app for stability shots and sometimes I use the default camera app with HDR settings enabled.

This is one of my and other peoples favs for a phone pic using camera+:

91C5676D-FD7B-4705-904C-B42A5D615436-343

Back on topic:

Anyone else having trouble getting the RVF on the fighter mode stand that is included? I cannot for the life of me get the C clips to get in the spot they need to be in. It appears that the intake armor is hindering that. I will give it another try later.

Edited by Loop

why don't you be a little be more humble and respectful. you're new to the site and people were kind enough to answer your noob questions when you didn't know the difference between the v.1 and v.2 vf-1d,

please be a bit more respectful with people's contributions they choose to share with the MW community.

Haha. You tell em dave :D

It's ok man, I would not take any offense to his statement. At least you posted pics, I have had mine sitting around since I got them and still did not post any pics. BTW all my pics were taken using an iPhone 4S and I also use photobucket cause it's freaking easy lol. I tend to use the camera+ app for stability shots and sometimes I use the default camera app with HDR settings enabled.

This is one of my and other peoples favs for a phone pic using camera+:

Back on topic:

Anyone else having trouble getting the RVF on the fighter mode stand that is included? I cannot for the life of me get the C clips to get in the spot they need to be in. It appears that the intake armor is hindering that. I will give it another try later.

oh wow, I LOVE that matte finish - what did you use? got a gallery up?

Damn, I got Bandai'd not once but twice.

I got my RVF parts, only to find the ghost ball joints are so loose they won't hold up

The ghost at all!

Then once I out them packs on, my RVF got all loosely goosey and now suffers from

Bandai Hips.

Argh! Fighter mode forever custom.

Another day I ask myself why do I pay 100$ for this junk?

Damn, I got Bandai'd not once but twice.

I got my RVF parts, only to find the ghost ball joints are so loose they won't hold up

The ghost at all!

Then once I out them packs on, my RVF got all loosely goosey and now suffers from

Bandai Hips.

Argh! Fighter mode forever custom.

Another day I ask myself why do I pay 100$ for this junk?

You mean after putting on the super parts the hips became loose?

Back on topic:

I was getting pissed trying to get it back onto the stand. Then i realized the parts came with a whole new stand adapter. then i had no probs getting it to work.