DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Received my SAL shipped RVF-25 Super Parts from NY. Love the detailing on the ghosts. Also, I like how these sets have an extra outer shipping box containing the product box. It provides a bit of extra protection during transit.

I managed to fit the entire squadron into one section of my Detolf unit.

post-5255-0-28871000-1386446088_thumb.jpg

post-5255-0-28158500-1386446099_thumb.jpg

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

Neeto, I must have mis-transformed something but after messing around with my Luca and set, I've got everything attached and he can hold poses without any kind if stand. Pretty awesome!

The ghosts are wonky, but I didn't realize you could shorten the display rods

To limit the amount of space they take up.

I just wish the Super parts were a better color. I wish the 25A's were black lol.

Got my set yesterday, and it's a really good set. Glad they wised up and put all 3 ghosts together in one pack. Just sold one of the older sets with one ghost for $75, so it mostly paid for this.

Received my SAL shipped RVF-25 Super Parts from NY. Love the detailing on the ghosts. Also, I like how these sets have an extra outer shipping box containing the product box. It provides a bit of extra protection during transit.

I managed to fit the entire squadron into one section of my Detolf unit.

That is major PS skill. Thumbs up. :hail:

Still no sign of the S rerelease...possibly keeping it quiet until next year to maintain momentum for the yf-30 and anything inbetween...perhaps the rvf-171?

Still no official shots of the YF-30 yet are there, the only stuff ive seen is the announcement CG and trade show photos.

oooo RVF-171 - didnt think the previous two sold well enough to warrant continuation of that model - especially given the very poor quality of some parts.

Does anyone have colour lineart of the "Super" crotch piece for the VF-25G? It just looks so out of place, it looks like cheap plastic with no markings and so out of place with the rest of the colour scheme - its the only part with that kind of grey. Does anyone else feel this way, its not like the VF-25S Armored crotch piece which looks like the rest of the extras parts - this one feels like an afterthought.

Does anyone have colour lineart of the "Super" crotch piece for the VF-25G? It just looks so out of place, it looks like cheap plastic with no markings and so out of place with the rest of the colour scheme - its the only part with that kind of grey. Does anyone else feel this way, its not like the VF-25S Armored crotch piece which looks like the rest of the extras parts - this one feels like an afterthought.

My theory is that Bandai is once again guilty of stupidly following the 3D models. It is quite possible that the crotch piece was this color in the 3D models but since the crotch area of the VF-25 has always some shadows cast on the crotch armor. As a result it blends in much better with the rest of the Messiah.

So I assume this color is line-art correct. However it was a terrible design decision that was somewhat lessened by physics.

On the other hand over at M3 it looks like a two colored piece so it is likely that Bandai was very lazy.

It would be interesting to see if you can take the spare crotch armor from the Armored VF-25 and switch the inner armor panel with the light gray one of the Super Parts to make a better looking piece.

With your skills, all it would take is adding maybe a bit of panel lining/weathering in the lines to make it possibly look better. When I see the CG model it looks like there is always a shadow and some line detail. The color does match the hip parts, I saw a post somewhere ages ago showing how weird it would look if it was color matched to the valk. I do agree though that maybe Bandai could have did a better job of detailing the part up.

Ugh, both my G and RVF super-parts have been inbound out of US customs since Dec 4th. No tracking updates since then :(

Which Customs office did it hit? I notice when I have stuff go through the east coast , especially NY it crawls to a halt for a while and it is holiday season. All my stuff usually hits San Francisco and takes a day at the most, but most of the time just hours.

Edited by Loop

Which Customs office did it hit? I notice when I have stuff go through the east coast , especially NY it crawls to a halt for a while and it is holiday season. All my stuff usually hits San Francisco and takes a day at the most, but most of the time just hours.

Tracking said LA customs (which is odd because, like you said, everything usually goes through San Francisco) And I'm only in southern Oregon. So I usually get packages within a day or two after clearing customs. We've had some crappy weather out here. I suspect that's the cause for the delay. But it's weird 6 days have gone by without tracking being updated.

After finally transforming a VF-25A I have to hope that Bandai takes their sweet time in releasing/re-releasing any additional VF's like the 25S to make sure that it's a perfect as the 25A.

All the joints were extra tight and the fit and finish just seemed to be a spot above earlier releases.

Also keeping my fingers crossed that the Isamu YF-29 and YF-30 releases are as good (especially considering my initial Alto YF-29 is a useless floppy mess that loosens no matter how many times I've tried to tighten the joints).

-b.

Well my 27 arrived and I find it to be an excellent display piece but damn did I feel like throwing it against the wall during transformation. Thank the gods for anymoons videos on youtube! One of the hip joints is super stiff so I couldnt get that hip bar to connect into the small grey slots without clicking the left leg Gerwalk joint forward and popping off the thigh armors - so frustrating

Well my 27 arrived and I find it to be an excellent display piece but damn did I feel like throwing it against the wall during transformation. Thank the gods for anymoons videos on youtube! One of the hip joints is super stiff so I couldnt get that hip bar to connect into the small grey slots without clicking the left leg Gerwalk joint forward and popping off the thigh armors - so frustrating

Don't worry mang, I'm sure Bandai is working on the rererenewal as we speak.

Tracking said LA customs (which is odd because, like you said, everything usually goes through San Francisco) And I'm only in southern Oregon. So I usually get packages within a day or two after clearing customs. We've had some crappy weather out here. I suspect that's the cause for the delay. But it's weird 6 days have gone by without tracking being updated.

LA customs is the problem, I have had this happen to me once and it really sucked. Others on here had a problem with LA customs too.

Around Christmas time last year LA customs slowed to a ridiculous crawl. I had to wait two weeks for one of my VF-4's. And they only shipped after I dug up the phone numbers for customs and cussed them out.

I remember that. =P

After finally transforming a VF-25A I have to hope that Bandai takes their sweet time in releasing/re-releasing any additional VF's like the 25S to make sure that it's a perfect as the 25A.

All the joints were extra tight and the fit and finish just seemed to be a spot above earlier releases.

Also keeping my fingers crossed that the Isamu YF-29 and YF-30 releases are as good (especially considering my initial Alto YF-29 is a useless floppy mess that loosens no matter how many times I've tried to tighten the joints).

-b.

The 25A is indeed as good as it gets, QC wise, huh? I'm very happy with mine. B))

-Kyp