DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I'm all better now from my fit I threw and posted earlier. Don't let what I said deter any of you from getting the RVF-25 Super Parts. I put the booster on the wrong way and the break was caused by me making a mistake. My rant was misguided, but I'm sure you all understand. You are the only people I can vent to about our "Toy Jets that have Arms".

Still waiting for delivery of my G and RVF Super Parts, and with the YF-29 Isamu due out by the end of the month, there is only one question I want answered: When the H3LL is Bandai going to anounce the reissue of Ozma's VF-25S?!... That's the only unit missing from my Frontier collection. :(

I'm all better now from my fit I threw and posted earlier. Don't let what I said deter any of you from getting the RVF-25 Super Parts. I put the booster on the wrong way and the break was caused by me making a mistake. My rant was misguided, but I'm sure you all understand. You are the only people I can vent to about our "Toy Jets that have Arms".

It's all good. I think most of us appreciate the real-world feedback people leave as long as it doesn't devolve into if you like/don't like an item then you're an idiot post. :)

Even among my friends that have similar interests (anime, Sci-Fi, etc.) I'm still in the fringe as the only one that spends any money, significant or otherwise on actual toys. So I'd be in the same boat with no one but those of us on the boards to talk, or vent to about these things.

-b.

oh wow, I LOVE that matte finish - what did you use? got a gallery up?

LOL, that is not a customized valk, those pics are from when I first opened up my YF-29 30th anniversary variant. I am not a customizer by any means, but thanks for the compliment :D

I was getting pissed trying to get it back onto the stand. Then i realized the parts came with a whole new stand adapter. then i had no probs getting it to work.

That is the part I tried to use, the extended one that came with the super parts. The C clips just wont seat in, it's like I will have to take off the intake armor to get it in.. :wacko:

Edited by Loop

I just got back from Tokyo and picked up a CF VF-25A. There were some Lucas available as well as armor packs. Looking back I probably should've picked one up. Finding Sheryle and Ranka figures were prety easy, the valks took more effort. Pics forthcoming.

Bandai, where's my Ozma and Alto renewal re-release?!?!?

You can get your Alto renewal re-release here;

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/4884-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-25f-messiah-valkyrie-saotome-alto-custom-renewal-version-reissue.html

But, YES! Where's the Ozma re-release!!! (I even have the armour waiting - and all matte clear-coated and weathered already...)

gosh i can't wait for this set! shoulda went EMS! mine's finally made it to customs a few days ago....hopefully it'll be here within a week (sometimes my shipments get hung up for a week + just in customs). now i just need to clear some display space. frontier valks are so much bigger than VF-1s....

I just got back from Tokyo and picked up a CF VF-25A. There were some Lucas available as well as armor packs. Looking back I probably should've picked one up. Finding Sheryle and Ranka figures were prety easy, the valks took more effort. Pics forthcoming.

Bandai, where's my Ozma and Alto renewal re-release?!?!?

Alto renewals are all over mandarake. Pretty affordable too. Ozma is the tough one to find.

Also, you can fit the VF-25A with any of the other VF-25s super packs. They all fit the same. The only difference is the SMS number assignments. You can find pics of the 25A with Michel's supers in the 1/72,1/60 etc pictures thread.

Thanks for the reply Falcon18, I've been out of the Macross Toy game for a couple years now.

Yeah, the Mandarake store in Akihabara and Nakano Broadway had a decent selection of valks. Nakano Broadway had a nice Macross display/storefront just right of the entrance, plus they had DYRL playing on a TV above the display!

No problem :)

I lost touch with Macross toys myself the past few years. Never did any collecting before as I didn't really have the money for it. Coming back now.. Is a bad time though. Things are more expensive than before! Lol.

Also, I wouldn't know the status of mandarake itself. I just base off what I see from their website. :lol: still. Cool to know about the screening!

Just curious for anyone who has the original DX Ghosts and the new ones: Are they wildly different? If u get originals, are they going to look decent next to the newer version?

I have no idea if the old and new ghosts would look good displayed alongside each other; but if they don't, just repaint the old version into some original color scheme and call it a different model or block number.

And speaking of the renewal ghosts, I had no idea they were as small as they are; for some odd reason I pictured them as being bigger, closer to the QF-2001 from M0 in overall size, but they are very nice little pieces.

On a related note, I got my package from N-Y today, really well packaged too... they're improving. The G packs are very nice, but the RVF's is killer cool, exactly because of the inclusion of the three ghosts.

gosh i can't wait for this set! shoulda went EMS! mine's finally made it to customs a few days ago....hopefully it'll be here within a week (sometimes my shipments get hung up for a week + just in customs). now i just need to clear some display space. frontier valks are so much bigger than VF-1s....

Same thing happens to me, my last 3 SAL packages that came in through NYC customs just sat there for 10 days +. While i had one go through San Francisco and it was in and out in 2 days. So any package in December im shipping EMS just so it doesnt get stuck in NY for a month.