Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Finally got some photos of my VF-19P. Nothing special though, just shots from different views. I'm too bored to get a good Gerwalk stance, not to mention that I wanted it to be consistent with my Kai photos, which were also in a bad Gerwalk stance (since the ankles already loosened before I could get it to stand still in Gerwalk)

http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg585/kamadoma/Yamato%20160%20VF19P%20Planet%20Zola%20Patrol/

Great news, my VF-19P's shoulder halves are beginning to separate... :( I followed the instructions and filed down the leg attachment clips, and it really worked on one side, but it seems like I still needed to file the other side a little more, because the shoulder didn't want to detach and I could see the top half starting to pop up. I got it into Battroid mode with no real issue, but I will need to do more shaving/filing before trying any more transformations.

I was finally able to get the peg out on the Sound Booster. Used a part of my hobby tweezers; it was sufficiently thin and had a rough surface on one side that gave the needed friction to use as a leverage. Anyway, thanks for the advices, Renato and kamadoma!

Now my VF-19 Kai looks absolutely amazing. Great toy! Though I still think of the Kai as something of “the Ronald McDonald valkyrie“ (not necessarily a bad thing), many friends I’ve shown it to thinks it looks very insect-like with the sound booster. It has also really hit me how much the VF-19 has in common with Shouji Kawamori’s Armored Core designs. Too bad about the cod piece though, but I guess I have to ask some of my female friends if they can give me some left-over nail polish.

19 F now showing discontinued on HLJ website.... WHAT???? I really wanted to pick one up when they did a second run!!!! WTH???

If you're interested NY has the Valkyrie in stock for $213 before shipping. Seems like a little bit less then the HLJ offerings.

Basically 00 is sometimes called "double naughts" which sounds like nuts.

I've only known it to be called "double nuts" directly (for the US Navy, at least), and some planes were painted with the 00's explicity looking like nuts. (as in, nuts and bolts, not the other kind of nuts) :)

You sirs are dirty teases! Dirty teases I say!

It teases me like it teases you because I don't have the toy. :)

If the reissue the YF-19 V3 in this color scheme I will buy it even if I have sworn to myself to collect only one line of Valkyrie toys. :D

Yeah, I think a lot of people would prefer the actual Supernova schemes. Thing is, I get the feeling that Yamato couldn't get the rights to reproduce those schemes, otherwise we would have seen them. The orange and blue repaints are just too similar to be entirely coincidental. So close, but still so incredibly far.

Either that, or they just didn't want to put that much work into developing new tampo patterns. Considering the wide variety of paintjobs we've seen applied to VF-1s, I wouldn't think that'd be an issue, but you have to admit... those Supernova schemes were really complex. They may have just taken one look at all the required colored panels, and given up. :p

It did happen once or twice, though I forget where in the series. There's a picture that was linked here once before that showed all of Sound Force launching with them mounted already in fighter mode. The mountings are a little less awkward in the animation, since you can fudge the details, and they look a bit more integrated there.

I do wonder if the sound boosters ever had a performance benefit in general though, in terms of extra fuel and engine thrust.

Yea my VF-19P arrived! Transformed easily with only the right shoulder being super tight! My trick for getting the shoulders detached from the legs was to to just bend the legs down until they came apart one at a time! Still a pretty valk! Now if only my lost in transit VF-17d would arrive!

(null)

post-687-0-03956400-1358919012_thumb.jpg

post-687-0-20849500-1358919139_thumb.jpg

Edited by usagiz

If you're interested NY has the Valkyrie in stock for $213 before shipping. Seems like a little bit less then the HLJ offerings.

I was shocked too that its discontinued too. Thanks for the tip Scyla. I hope it's still there when I have money to spare again. I have MP Soundwave and not air raid to buy this month.(I know not Macross stuff)

I was shocked too that its discontinued too. Thanks for the tip Scyla. I hope it's still there when I have money to spare again. I have MP Soundwave and not air raid to buy this month.(I know not Macross stuff)

I know what you mean. I decided last year that I will change my collecting habits so I could get the Macross stuff that I wanted. Now I only buy TF toys for specific characters. So no MP Soundwave for me. :(

But MP-10B will soon be mine :D

Edited by Scyla