Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Which is better the F or the P?

They are both great toys. Really depends which you like the look of the most.

Graham

I like all variants of the new 19 molds. The blue color is really nice to look at on the S and F, it's a nice deep blue. The P variant is also sweet, I think it looks waaay better in person than the pics can show you. One thing to mention though, is that I bought the P thinking I would leave it in battroid mode only to really prefer it in fighter mode. The thing is just so sexy in fighter mode that I think I will keep it that way. I also have a 19 Kai also though that is in perma battroid mode, so that may be influencing my decision. Plus I needed at least one visible Basara pilot.

Edited by Loop

i'l be joining the -19S club soon myself... :wub:

now, i don't personally foresee the 1/60 VF-19 series ankles being a real issue for me,

as i'm not the big "Nose-Down Aggressive GERWALK" fan that most members around here seem to be.

i prefer a more neutral, level-plane GERWALK stance, which should be no problem whatsoever for the -19S ankles, correct?

Renato is right. In order to get that neutral stance with the 19's ankles you pretty much have to jam them back to the point where you've damaged them.

first it was that an aggressive gerwalk would ruin the ankles and now a neutral stance will ruin the ankles...

post-19-0-63185500-1360866768_thumb.jpg

neutral gerwalk stance

post-19-0-90668200-1360866796_thumb.jpg

same valk standing on one leg with the horrible mangled ankles that are ruinously ruined.

In other news, bought myself a vf-19f off of mandarake :)

oh, you watch the daily show too?

But no, I get your point. Obviously the five vf-19 valks I own are special, hand crafted units with special ankles that yamato made just for me. You found me out jenius, you're so sneaky and smart!

edit: or are you suggesting that every 3 months the quality of the ankles will change and that if I just wait another month or two that the ankles on my vf-19 will become useless and that a few months after that they'll get better again?

Or maybe, just maybe, some people out there broke their toys and can't admit it?

Edited by eugimon

Did I say that there was "nothing wrong" with the ankles? No. I'm merely refuting the claims that the toy can't do an "aggressive" or "neutral" gerwalk stance without ruining the ankles. Could they be "better"? Sure. Of course they can. But does the mere act of posing the toy within the design limits of the ankles cause them to be ruined as mommar keeps maintaining? No.

Or are you saying that only data points that support your opinion are valid? Or that I have special toys with different ankles able to get into the stances that some people here are impossible without damaging the toys

You and mommar should write reviews for the New York Times. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what the problem is. If you can't tilt the ankles back much, of course the plane is going to automatically lean forward.

i'll have to compensate for that at the knees then...

One thing to mention though, is that I bought the P thinking I

would leave it in battroid mode only to really prefer it in fighter

mode. The thing is just so sexy in fighter mode that I think I will keep

it that way.

I also have a 19 Kai also though that is in

perma battroid mode, so that may be influencing my decision. Plus I

needed at least one visible Basara pilot.

well, it's a "Perfect Variable" toy; is it not? why not take advantage of that fact?

yeah, gerwalk could have been better with a deeper intake/thigh extension, stiffer knee ratchets and yes, better ankle joints. But mommar insists that almost any gerwalk pose will ruin the toy, that's just not true.

why not try dogging down the screws at the knee joints? i've done just that on some other Mecha toys i've had/have, and it often did wonders to some of their sloppier joints...

Edited by Shaorin

first it was that an aggressive gerwalk would ruin the ankles and now a neutral stance will ruin the ankles...

attachicon.gif_DSC7338.JPG

neutral gerwalk stance

attachicon.gif_DSC7339.JPG

same valk standing on one leg with the horrible mangled ankles that are ruinously ruined.

Nobody ever said an aggressive stance would ruin the ankles.

yeah, gerwalk could have been better with a deeper intake/thigh extension, stiffer knee ratchets and yes, better ankle joints. But mommar insists that almost any gerwalk pose will ruin the toy, that's just not true.

What I insist is that the ankles suck and that Gerwalk is at best tenuous. Also we're in agreement, better/deeper intake/thigh extension, stiffer ratchets and better ankle joints. That's exactly the problem with this Gerwalk.

Edited by Mommar

All these shops must be wondering how come there is a sudden rush to purchase Yamato valks :lol:

I'm sure all of the shops are well aware of the situation and decide to scheduling their next Yamato Valkyrie sale far far into the future. Perhaps until Arcadia announces their next Macross VF toy. ;)

Edited by Scyla

attachicon.gif_DSC7338.JPG

neutral gerwalk stance

attachicon.gif_DSC7339.JPG

Now put Sound Boosters on it.

Here are some comparison pics with the YF-19. I cannot force the ankles on my 19P back any further lest I risk damage. Thus in order to keep the nosecone parallel to the ground I need to fiddle with the intake- and knee-joints. The result is a less agressive-looking Gerwalk, compared to the YF-19.

post-1318-0-61742500-1360931474_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-80031500-1360931479_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-41463600-1360931484_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-00228200-1360931489_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-58160200-1360931493_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-91726300-1360931498_thumb.jpg

I think that is what a good Gerwalk-mode should look like. It's not about how deep the nose can go. It's about how far you can get the legs towards the front of the plane. ;)

The YF-19 looks really good and "aggressive" the VF-19P not so much. :)

Here are some comparison pics with the YF-19. I cannot force the ankles on my 19P back any further lest I risk damage. Thus in order to keep the nosecone parallel to the ground I need to fiddle with the intake- and knee-joints. The result is a less agressive-looking Gerwalk, compared to the YF-19.

Look at that very last pic. See how far forward on the toes the 19P is. That's what I mean by tenuous. It's VERY easy to knock it forward. By contrast that YF-19 has it's feet tucked under enough that it can stand comfortably. If you click the calfs forward and crank your ankles all the way back you CAN make your 19F/S/P look like the YF-19, but the ankles will forever be loose like on my 19S.

I find it amusing how people didn't even like the VF-19's Gerwalk mode (as in the actual line art design, not just the toy) until someone pointed out that the toy version had limited articulation in that mode.

to bad; the leg-flex of the 1/60v.I is a whole lot more attractive. absolutely certain there is no way to get the 1/60v.II's legs closer to that? too bad...